Current New Vehicle Market

Bullitt1448

Established Member
The car industry (except for a few notables like Tesla) got completely burned by their "just in time" chip inventory. Once chip production catches up, more than likely there will be an automotive glut. Then it will be time to buy again.
While I hope you are correct, I don’t see that happening, yes the chip shortage/pandemic will pass but manufacturerers/dealers are not in the business to lose money. Will there be a correction? Yes, will it be substantial? I doubt it without a major economic downturn

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Hear me out... Let's take my original Bronco Sport badge I have and slap it onto whatever you have on your lot and sell that to the dude and split the profit?
Bronco.png

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One drunk guy at an auction pays that for a bronco. Let me know when you get your first $50,000 over asking for your bronco. LOL

Not just one guy.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That is insane!!!
No way I would pay an ADM that crazy. But, then again, there A LOT more people with A LOT more money than me that will.
Wow.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
He does but, those are the exceptions not the rule car guys have known what’s in this video for years, some have acted on it and most of us on this site have at least one “toy” car around. Not sure I would want to drive a 60’s/70’s car as a daily though. Good investment? Possibly but it will be a niche market and likely getting smaller as those of us from that era die off or get too old.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
That is insane!!!
No way I would pay an ADM that crazy. But, then again, there A LOT more people with A LOT more money than me that will.
Wow.
I won’t pay ANY adm, ever, not a new car in the world worth paying adm and diving it off the lot to have it deprecated that very instant. I know there are others that disagree but just the way I am. Not a chance that a car is worth that to me.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I won’t pay ANY adm, ever, not a new car in the world worth paying adm and diving it off the lot to have it deprecated that very instant. I know there are others that disagree but just the way I am. Not a chance that a car is worth that to me.

Not, ANY car? lol I can think of several I would.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Sorry Nick, none,
Just so we are clear, I am talking new cars, not some of the stuff you see on BaT or BJ I find ADM an offensive business practice. I do understand that it is a free market and a unit is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay. When the manufacturer sets a the MRSP, that should be the fair market value. Dealers that are charging beyond MRSP will lose a customer for life .

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I won’t get involving a bidding war for a house/property either if it goes beyond the listed asking price either, walked away from more than one deal because of that,

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry Nick, none,
Just so we are clear, I am talking new cars, not some of the stuff you see on BaT or BJ I find ADM an offensive business practice. I do understand that it is a free market and a unit is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay. When the manufacturer sets a the MRSP, that should be the fair market value. Dealers that are charging beyond MRSP will lose a customer for life .

There's plenty of P cars, and Lamborghinis that I would gladly pay an ADM on. I'd pay an ADM on a new Ford GT as well.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
We are already seeing 96 month terms and a few 120 month terms for cars. 10 years to finance a deprecating unit is just crazy, but there are lots of stupid people out there. The only thing I have financed in the last couple of decades was my house till the last one sold, 10 year term would likely double the price of a car.
Just... wow.

1639604674239.gif

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Those are beyond my price range for a car even at MRSP. But the same thing applies. For me it’s the principle, I know others feel they gotta have it at any price point but that just isn’t me.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I won’t get involving a bidding war for a house/property either if it goes beyond the listed asking price either, walked away from more than one deal because of that,

In many parts of the country you would unable to buy a house.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
In many parts of the country you would unable to buy a house.
That too will correct itself, always has before. I am in the middle of one of the hottest real estate markets now and just sitting and waiting while our house goes up in value on almost a daily basis. When we are ready we will sell and move elsewhere. We are not tied to any one location at this point in our life

q6543

Established Member
So if I go and order a vehicle with A plan, do I have to worry about the dealer selling my custom order to another dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread