CTS-V, C6, and Lingenfelter 403 C6 all go down.

BigRon77

Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
Sup Ron glad you found this site. We should definately run again when the weather looks better. :beer: Post up a link to your thread that you started.

I was just wondering how much nitrous were you spraying? Was it the crazy 300 shots?

Hey bro. I didn't actually post a thread on LS1Tech, I had just responded to another post somebody started on Cobras and some Vette guy came in saying a pullied '03 Cobra couldn't beat a stock C6 on the street. Some guys just don't give the Cobras the respect (especially Vette guys).

Believe it or not, I couldn't even get a 75bhp dry shot tuned right. We got it looking OK on the dyno, but we had to take WOT timing down to 14* and add fuel!!!!!!!!!!!! It put down 530/500 on the 75 shot, but when I tried to spray it on the street at any temp below 65*, it would fall on its face with detonation. Pulled the whole mess off. Think I'll just put the APS twin turbos on it this year...that should fix it!

I'll definitely post up a thread when we get some good runs in! Talk to you when we're above freezing. :)

I think it had something to do with the sensitivity of the 100mm LPE MAF I'm running, but it just wasn't worth it to me. I had even hidden it completely in the engine bay (could pass tech inspection) and built a fake sub box to cover the bottle in the hatch. It was kind of trick, just not worth it.

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
BigRon77 said:
Paul! I'm the owner of the black LPE 403 you raced! I was getting told you were catching crap for this post some, so I'm here to say it went exactly like you said. I was hoping for a good run too (other than 50-100 punches where my auto is at its worst), but that cop at the intersection seemed like a good place to leave it for the day!:D

Just so everybody knows, it's an '05 Vette, auto A4 (3200 stall), LPE 403, and I had nitrous in it, but just couldn't get a good tune on it (detonation), so I took it out 2 months ago. When we ran, I still had a crazy rich tune in it and I put down just under 450rwhp corrected. With my decent tune back in, I put down 472rwhp (just got it done last weekend). Best time I've run is 11.47 on street tires (Bridgestone R050s), and 11.71 on runflats (which I had on when we met). Trap speeds are 126-129 on the runs and 1.8ish 60ft. With a decent tire, it's probably a high 10s car. Still on stock 3.15 gears.

Paul pulled me by 1/2 car or so on the short runs, and I had the hit. We both have traction problems, as I demonstrated at the second light :-D . They were clean runs and that blower torque got me. I should have 400lbs advantage, and you had about 35 or so rwhp on me at the time, so that seems right. I'm a big bastard, and probably weigh as much as you and your fiance, so that should have been even too. Physics says the race is about right!

I can beat a new Z in the 1/4 (about 1/2-1 car), but it leaves me by 3 cars or so on the hiway rolls (50-150), with nothing but headers and CAI.

Anyway, PM me and we can hook up when the weather looks good and get some video runs!
When you get that car dialed in and tuned right it may see some mid 10's with tires and some decent air.

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Paul's_03SVT said:
Sup Ron glad you found this site. We should definately run again when the weather looks better. :beer: Post up a link to your thread that you started.

I was just wondering how much nitrous were you spraying? Was it the crazy 300 shots?

He wasn't spraying against you bro, as he mentioned a few times, he took it out. Good run tho fella's!:beer:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
lilbuddy1587 said:
He wasn't spraying against you bro, as he mentioned a few times, he took it out. Good run tho fella's!:beer:
I know that. I was just wondering what shot he was spraying because the guys around here with the C6's go crazy with nitrous hits. In my first post I mentioned that his nitrous wasnt working. :coolman:

BigRon77

Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
I know that. I was just wondering what shot he was spraying because the guys around here with the C6's go crazy with nitrous hits. In my first post I mentioned that his nitrous wasnt working. :coolman:

Yeah, one guy was running a dual stage 250 shot on stock motor. It actually lasted a few months. Now he's got a built 408 with a 300+ dual stage.

You probably know him (NastyC6).

I felt bad I couldn't even get my little 75 shot dialed in.

BigRon77

Established Member
Robz said:
When you get that car dialed in and tuned right it may see some mid 10's with tires and some decent air.

Should get there. The 11.47 came in the summer with ambient temp at 102* and a fairly unprepped track.

Should easily be a 10s car with a tire and cool temp. Gears would help a lot too, and I'm still considering going with 3.42s.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
wow i was gonna say... a 450whp vette should do more than 11.47 on good tire and big stall. my boys fbodies are doing 11.6's with almost 400whp and they are heavier than vettes. lol you'll see good times with better tires, 60 foots and good air! wicked vette you got there! sounds like a blast to drive

from the story i would never have guessed a vette with that power would lose to a much much heavier cobra with only 30whp more power. Oh well, i guess the weight difference wasnt as much as i thought, and anything can happen on the street. dynos dont tell the whole story

OP...very nice cobra you got. sounds brutally fast. any track times in it so far? must be an animal trapping in the very high 120's to low 130s!

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
OP...very nice cobra you got. sounds brutally fast. any track times in it so far? must be an animal trapping in the very high 120's to low 130s!
As far as track times noslo50 who posted in the thread was the original owner. He went 11.7@123. I have since had it retuned by HPP and it made more power. I don't like taking my car to the track that is what the SS is for, but with a decent driver I'd imagine it could go faster.

Last edited:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
This is my very first race in the Cobra and first vid I ever posted on here; back from the dead. I got BS for this, even guys saying its not a Z06. The guy had to come on and say it was a Z06. This guy was a friend of my fiancé's brother who said he beats Cobra's all day.
Me before HPP tune vs 02 Z06 blackwing? intake, cat back exhaust, and tune. That was me in 2nd 40? punch.
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/75013/?action=view&current=1stvid.flv

Last edited:

BigRon77

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
wow i was gonna say... a 450whp vette should do more than 11.47 on good tire and big stall. my boys fbodies are doing 11.6's with almost 400whp and they are heavier than vettes. lol you'll see good times with better tires, 60 foots and good air! wicked vette you got there! sounds like a blast to drive

from the story i would never have guessed a vette with that power would lose to a much much heavier cobra with only 30whp more power. Oh well, i guess the weight difference wasnt as much as i thought, and anything can happen on the street. dynos dont tell the whole story

Yep, street tires and a mid-range stall costs me about .5+ in the 1/4. Plus, I'm on stock 3.15 gears.

We only got to do short 60-100 punches, which is a bad spot for my car with the automatic. When the weather clears up, Paul and I will do some real runs and see what we get! Then we can put up a full thread and see where it all stands...hopefully with video so there's no unknowns!

It was fun and Paul was really cool, so I look forward to hooking up. The Cobra sounded sweet.

Weight difference is what? Paul, are you full weight and what is that? I thought the Cobras were 3800lbs? I'm at about 3300lbs (base model weight is 3180, and I have the 1SB package, heated/elec seats, side air bags, other electrics, etc. and full dynomat which wiped out my exhaust/header weight savings, and adds about 100lbs to the mix).

If you want to make it really cool, I'll grab my Dad's yellow C6 with LPE h/c, 6spd, and we can make a dual yellow run!

C6 Z06

Established Member
BigRon77 said:
Yep, street tires and a mid-range stall costs me about .5+ in the 1/4. Plus, I'm on stock 3.15 gears.

We only got to do short 60-100 punches, which is a bad spot for my car with the automatic. When the weather clears up, Paul and I will do some real runs and see what we get! Then we can put up a full thread and see where it all stands...hopefully with video so there's no unknowns!

It was fun and Paul was really cool, so I look forward to hooking up. The Cobra sounded sweet.

Weight difference is what? Paul, are you full weight and what is that? I thought the Cobras were 3800lbs? I'm at about 3300lbs (base model weight is 3180, and I have the 1SB package, heated/elec seats, side air bags, other electrics, etc. and full dynomat which wiped out my exhaust/header weight savings, and adds about 100lbs to the mix).

If you want to make it really cool, I'll grab my Dad's yellow C6 with LPE h/c, 6spd, and we can make a dual yellow run!

Sweet! I'm there! At least I'll get to see the vids. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread