CTS-V, C6, and Lingenfelter 403 C6 all go down.

noslo50

Established Member
Great Kills Paul, and there,s no way i would call B.S., I know what she is capable of. Would have loved to see a vid as we have snow and looking at -F(below zero temps coming this week). Jerry

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Paul's_03SVT said:
Benny, yeah it was very nice meeting you. I see you got a KB since the last time we met, congrats. I stopped bringing the camera because when I posted my vids I got BS called on me also or the vid is too dark. I wasn't even gonna post these kills because I figured no one would believe me which hardly anyone did until C6 Z06 came forward.

Just from the reaction here you can see why I don't post about any of my kills, no one would believe them anyways. Yeah I will probably disappear again come Tues school starts back up.

The gentleman that owns the C6 auto posts over on LS1tech

Z O SICK

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Paul, I'm here to back you up, but first drop the "typical vette owner" thing. I could say the typical Cobra owner, but reality is most that buy NEW vettes are old guys that can afford it and can't drive for shit. They also think "it's a vette, the fastest thing built". Then there's reality. Guy's like me who buy them to drive them.................hard! On the other hand, alot of Cobra owners are younger and the Cobra is very attainable (bang for $), but some of those owners "can't be beat". At least not on the internet (created by Al Gore) :-D . So when you forget the vette owners with dick extensions and Cobra owners greater than God, you get the majority of us (you to I think because your story is truth) that are just out for fun win or lose.

I know the guy you raced in the vette and yes Paul did win. His name is Ron and he's an attorney in Dallas TX. A stand up guy. He said he ran a few times with Paul and that the Cobra pulled about 1/2 a car out front each time.(so don't call BS on him) Ron's vette is a 2005 A4 with 450 RWHP when he ran Paul. He ran with a nitrous tune even though he did not have it anymore(needs a retune) The highest #'s he made were 472/421, but as I said now 450/? . So if you call BS on his kill, I will get Ron to sign up on the forum and post the same(maybe he will even send a legal letter:-D ). Good kills bro. :beer:

First off, good run's and kills! I agree and good post. I guess I'm not your typical Vette guy either lol. I race and drive my car everyday lol.

Tony

Robz

Established Member
PilledV8s said:
Good kill on the 403 C6 auto. Luckily for you, it wasn't a 6spd.
A c6 with this setup should run 10.6x's in the 1/4 with tires.

03miamisnake

Established Member
NyteByte said:
Once had a CTS-V blow by me then and cut in front of me. Sounded like like he at least had exhaust, but not sure about other mods. I got behind him at a light (unfortunately couldn't line up).

When the light turned green, he took off hard. I had to feather the throttle in 1st and short-shift to avoid driving up his tailpipe. Finally I changed lanes and went by him at about 120 and continued to pull one more carlength before shutting down. He kept going.

Those CTS-V's are quick for a luxury sedan. Caddilac makes some good stuff these days. I personally would like to have an XLR-V.

:beer:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
mustangbee said:
interesting how ALL yours kills were against GM products... very interesting
How would that be interesting? I guess I could post about the 06 mustang GT I raced but would that be interesting on a Ford site?

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Good kills, although I'm surprised you pulled on that last Vette since you're so close in power, because I would have guessed the weight difference would have caused the opposite outcome.

C6 Z06

Established Member
Nuke61 said:
Good kills, although I'm surprised you pulled on that last Vette since you're so close in power, because I would have guessed the weight difference would have caused the opposite outcome.

But he did. Like I posted earlier, I know the guy and he posted about the results before Paul did. All still good fun. :beer:

BigRon77

Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
How would that be interesting? I guess I could post about the 06 mustang GT I raced but would that be interesting on a Ford site?

Paul! I'm the owner of the black LPE 403 you raced! I was getting told you were catching crap for this post some, so I'm here to say it went exactly like you said. I was hoping for a good run too (other than 50-100 punches where my auto is at its worst), but that cop at the intersection seemed like a good place to leave it for the day!:D

Just so everybody knows, it's an '05 Vette, auto A4 (3200 stall), LPE 403, and I had nitrous in it, but just couldn't get a good tune on it (detonation), so I took it out 2 months ago. When we ran, I still had a crazy rich tune in it and I put down just under 450rwhp corrected. With my decent tune back in, I put down 472rwhp (just got it done last weekend). Best time I've run is 11.47 on street tires (Bridgestone R050s), and 11.71 on runflats (which I had on when we met). Trap speeds are 126-129 on the runs and 1.8ish 60ft. With a decent tire, it's probably a high 10s car. Still on stock 3.15 gears.

Paul pulled me by 1/2 car or so on the short runs, and I had the hit. We both have traction problems, as I demonstrated at the second light :-D . They were clean runs and that blower torque got me. I should have 400lbs advantage, and you had about 35 or so rwhp on me at the time, so that seems right. I'm a big bastard, and probably weigh as much as you and your fiance, so that should have been even too. Physics says the race is about right!

I can beat a new Z in the 1/4 (about 1/2-1 car), but it leaves me by 3 cars or so on the hiway rolls (50-150), with nothing but headers and CAI.

Anyway, PM me and we can hook up when the weather looks good and get some video runs!

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
BigRon77 said:
I can beat a new Z in the 1/4 (about 1/2-1 car), but it leaves me by 3 cars or so on the hiway rolls (50-150), with nothing but headers and CAI.
It sounds like a high stall convertor would really wake up your car on roll runs.

BigRon77

Established Member
Nuke61 said:
It sounds like a high stall convertor would really wake up your car on roll runs.

Yep. 3600 is the preferred street killer. I just had to weigh the time I'd be racing vs. the low rpm lag, and found the 3200 to be what I wanted. It does cost me on the rolls though.

C6 Z06

Established Member
BigRon77 said:
Yep. 3600 is the preferred street killer. I just had to weigh the time I'd be racing vs. the low rpm lag, and found the 3200 to be what I wanted. It does cost me on the rolls though.

Hey Ron, I was just going to post on the other forum to tell you where this thread was. You found it and now you'll end up hanging out at one more site like me. I think I got all the info right when I posted about you earlier. Now who says vette guys like us can't tell the truth about racing! :-D Later Ron. Scott :beer:

BigRon77

Established Member
Thanks Scott. I assumed it was on one of the 2 main forums, and just scouted it out! Do we get to start an "atypical Vette owners" club??? :D

I'm just happy to have found someone in my area that can put up some good runs and isn't an ass! Now Paul just needs to come back and see our posts. ;)

C6 Z06

Established Member
BigRon77 said:
Thanks Scott. I assumed it was on one of the 2 main forums, and just scouted it out! Do we get to start an "atypical Vette owners" club??? :D

I'm just happy to have found someone in my area that can put up some good runs and isn't an ass! Now Paul just needs to come back and see our posts. ;)

Ron, so what's up with lawyers and black vettes! One of my good friends here in VA has a 2005 C6 auto black and all he wants to do is keep modding the car. Can you guess what he does for a living!! :thumbsup:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
BigRon77 said:

Sup Ron glad you found this site. We should definately run again when the weather looks better. :beer: Post up a link to your thread that you started.

I was just wondering how much nitrous were you spraying? Was it the crazy 300 shots?

BigRon77

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Ron, so what's up with lawyers and black vettes! One of my good friends here in VA has a 2005 C6 auto black and all he wants to do is keep modding the car. Can you guess what he does for a living!! :thumbsup:

I was actually going to buy a silver or red one, but they had this black one with comp grey wheels on the lot and I decided to go stealth look on this one! One of my lawyer buddies in Shreveport also has a black one with a Maggie/cam.

I guess we're usually blackballed, so we just get black cars.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread