CTS-V, C6, and Lingenfelter 403 C6 all go down.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
The other day I was driving and was proceeding to make a left hand turn from a stop light when I see this guy in a Silver CTS-V make a right hand turn on the street I was turning on. He gives me this stare (his windows are down) as if my car was a piece of shit and nails it. Finally I got a green arrow and I began to chase him down. I baited him into thinking my car was slow because he was flooring it off and on like an idiot and I was barely on the throttle but I could have easily got next to him and pass him. So finally he took the bait and he basically slowed to a stop on the street waiting for me to pull up next to him. I shove it in first hoping the nittos would hook and oh they did. Instead of the usual three honks I just waived him on so he nails it first then I did. It immediately got ugly for him, I wanted to punish him for that stare he gave me earlier and pulled like 20 cars on him. I got caught at the light and I could see him way the hell back there making a turn. Probably to go cry somewhere. :-D

Last week my fiancé and I were cruising around in the Cobra and we came up on a black C6. He slowed way down to get caught by the light and I pulled up next to him. I knew the race was on when I heard him rev up a little. The light turned green and we both inch out and he nails it and I nail it. I could tell he hooked, I was spinning badly on the unheated Nitto's, but still I was walking him. Once I hooked it got really nasty for him. We each pull up to the next light and he was the typical (jack ass) I am better than you vette owner. I told him I was spinning bad and he said he left traction control on.

Finally that same day I saw what I thought was a Black C6 Z06 pulling out onto the road. (I saw a badge on the side of the car where the Z06 usually is.) He gets on it a bit and I go after him. As he got into the lane next to mine, I was about a car back and he hits it, I was ready in 2nd and hit it also. I stop his pull, very slowly reel him in, and pass him. As we were passing him I glanced over at the badge and it said Lingenfelter not Z06. I told my fiancé I bet its supercharged. This time he pulls up next to me nails it again, then I do slowly passing him. These runs were from 2nd to 4th. Finally we get some open road slow way down, both in first, nose to nose. My fiancé gets the camera phone ready for some video action. The previous races there were a few cars so it was hard to actually get what I would call a good race. As I am ready to make three honks my radar goes off and we couldn't go, sure enough there was a state trooper way down the road.

He rolls his window down and I roll mine and we begin to drive slowly and talk. He was very nice not your typical owner, friendly, and he was very impressed with my car and I asked him what was done to his car and he said all motor, heads/cam 403, 3200 stall, and he puts down 475 rwhp. On the second run he said he tried to spray me but said it didn't work and thought there was no bottle pressure. He also mentioned that he runs 11.5's all day on street tires in the 1/4. He gave me a thumbs up and said my car was very clean.

As far as mods I have a 2.8 pulley and apten port. My uncorrected numbers are 500/470, but corrected 48X rwhp.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
rofl ill call bs.....why do you guys even bother posting stuff like this? neither of those 2 were true races. Did both cars stop, agree on what was going to happen, honk 3 times, and go? No....from a roll and a guy pulling out isnt a race. I dont know much about your car but i havent seen very many cobras and that includes twin screwed take down a z06.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Last I checked a Lingenfelter 403 insn't a Z06? I do agree it wasnt a true race but if both are floored and you pass one I say one could argue that you won a race.

I8URLS1

Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
Last I checked a Lingenfelter 403 insn't a Z06? I do agree it wasnt a true race but if both are floored and you pass one I say one could argue that you won a race.

I could maybe see u pulling top end since it's an auto. Either way sounds like it was some fun. Had it been a 6 speed 403 stroker I think it def would have been lopsided. Had ya'll gone from a first gear roll I don't know that u would have caught that car though. U have to admit it's a good 3-4 hundred pounds lighter than u and making close to the same power with better aerodynamics. Either way good run. Ya should have got his # so u could have met up and gotten a vid of ya'll running.

primetime

Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
rofl ill call bs.....why do you guys even bother posting stuff like this? neither of those 2 were true races. Did both cars stop, agree on what was going to happen, honk 3 times, and go? No....from a roll and a guy pulling out isnt a race. I dont know much about your car but i havent seen very many cobras and that includes twin screwed take down a z06.

ROFL at you! Why don't you read the whole post before you call BS? He never claimed to race a Z06. later Ron

C6 Z06

Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
The other day I was driving and was proceeding to make a left hand turn from a stop light when I see this guy in a Silver CTS-V make a right hand turn on the street I was turning on. He gives me this stare (his windows are down) as if my car was a piece of shit and nails it. Finally I got a green arrow and I began to chase him down. I baited him into thinking my car was slow because he was flooring it off and on like an idiot and I was barely on the throttle but I could have easily got next to him and pass him. So finally he took the bait and he basically slowed to a stop on the street waiting for me to pull up next to him. I shove it in first hoping the nittos would hook and oh they did. Instead of the usual three honks I just waived him on so he nails it first then I did. It immediately got ugly for him, I wanted to punish him for that stare he gave me earlier and pulled like 20 cars on him. I got caught at the light and I could see him way the hell back there making a turn. Probably to go cry somewhere. :-D

Last week my fiancé and I were cruising around in the Cobra and we came up on a black C6. He slowed way down to get caught by the light and I pulled up next to him. I knew the race was on when I heard him rev up a little. The light turned green and we both inch out and he nails it and I nail it. I could tell he hooked, I was spinning badly on the unheated Nitto's, but still I was walking him. Once I hooked it got really nasty for him. We each pull up to the next light and he was the typical (jack ass) I am better than you vette owner. I told him I was spinning bad and he said he left traction control on.

Finally that same day I saw what I thought was a Black C6 Z06 pulling out onto the road. (I saw a badge on the side of the car where the Z06 usually is.) He gets on it a bit and I go after him. As he got into the lane next to mine, I was about a car back and he hits it, I was ready in 2nd and hit it also. I stop his pull, very slowly reel him in, and pass him. As we were passing him I glanced over at the badge and it said Lingenfelter not Z06. I told my fiancé I bet its supercharged. This time he pulls up next to me nails it again, then I do slowly passing him. These runs were from 2nd to 4th. Finally we get some open road slow way down, both in first, nose to nose. My fiancé gets the camera phone ready for some video action. The previous races there were a few cars so it was hard to actually get what I would call a good race. As I am ready to make three honks my radar goes off and we couldn't go, sure enough there was a state trooper way down the road.

He rolls his window down and I roll mine and we begin to drive slowly and talk. He was very nice not your typical owner, friendly, and he was very impressed with my car and I asked him what was done to his car and he said all motor, heads/cam 403, 3200 stall, and he puts down 475 rwhp. On the second run he said he tried to spray me but said it didn't work and thought there was no bottle pressure. He also mentioned that he runs 11.5's all day on street tires in the 1/4. He gave me a thumbs up and said my car was very clean.

As far as mods I have a 2.8 pulley and apten port. My uncorrected numbers are 500/470, but corrected 48X rwhp.

Paul, I'm here to back you up, but first drop the "typical vette owner" thing. I could say the typical Cobra owner, but reality is most that buy NEW vettes are old guys that can afford it and can't drive for shit. They also think "it's a vette, the fastest thing built". Then there's reality. Guy's like me who buy them to drive them.................hard! On the other hand, alot of Cobra owners are younger and the Cobra is very attainable (bang for $), but some of those owners "can't be beat". At least not on the internet (created by Al Gore) :-D . So when you forget the vette owners with dick extensions and Cobra owners greater than God, you get the majority of us (you to I think because your story is truth) that are just out for fun win or lose.

I know the guy you raced in the vette and yes Paul did win. His name is Ron and he's an attorney in Dallas TX. A stand up guy. He said he ran a few times with Paul and that the Cobra pulled about 1/2 a car out front each time.(so don't call BS on him) Ron's vette is a 2005 A4 with 450 RWHP when he ran Paul. He ran with a nitrous tune even though he did not have it anymore(needs a retune) The highest #'s he made were 472/421, but as I said now 450/? . So if you call BS on his kill, I will get Ron to sign up on the forum and post the same(maybe he will even send a legal letter:-D ). Good kills bro. :beer:

Last edited:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Paul, I'm here to back you up, but first drop the "typical vette owner" thing. I could say the typical Cobra owner, but reality is most that buy NEW vettes are old guys that can afford it and can't drive for shit. They also think "it's a vette, the fastest thing built". Then there's reality. Guy's like me who buy them to drive them.................hard! On the other hand, alot of Cobra owners are younger and the Cobra is very attainable (bang for $), but some of those owners "can't be beat". At least not on the internet (created by Al Gore) :-D . So when you forget the vette owners with dick extensions and Cobra owners greater than God, you get the majority of us (you to I think because your story is truth) that are just out for fun win or lose.

I know the guy you raced in the vette and yes Paul did win. His name is Ron and he's an attorney in Dallas TX. A stand up guy. He said he ran a few times with Paul and that the Cobra pulled about 1/2 a car out front each time.(so don't call BS on him) Ron's vette is a 2005 A4 with 450 RWHP when he ran Paul. He ran with a nitrous tune even though he did not have it anymore(needs a retune) The highest #'s he made were 472/421, but as I said now 450/? . So if you call BS on his kill, I will get Ron to sign up on the forum and post the same(maybe he will even send a legal letter:-D ). Good kills bro. :beer:
Ok I apologize on the typical vette owner and I am thankful for the post too. :beer: :rockon: Yeah I was only out having fun like you said. You can even read my post on LS2.com in the Texas forum asking if anyone knew him. I clearly stated "having fun".

Tell Ron bad ass car. :rockon: I wanted to ask him what shot he was running, I'd guess and say a 150? He was a very nice guy, friendly as hell.:coolman:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good job man.. too many people quick to call bs on people in this forum.. haters...

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Once had a CTS-V blow by me then and cut in front of me. Sounded like like he at least had exhaust, but not sure about other mods. I got behind him at a light (unfortunately couldn't line up).

When the light turned green, he took off hard. I had to feather the throttle in 1st and short-shift to avoid driving up his tailpipe. Finally I changed lanes and went by him at about 120 and continued to pull one more carlength before shutting down. He kept going.

Those CTS-V's are quick for a luxury sedan. Caddilac makes some good stuff these days. I personally would like to have an XLR-V.

C6 Z06

Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
Ok I apologize on the typical vette owner and I am thankful for the post too. :beer: :rockon: Yeah I was only out having fun like you said. You can even read my post on LS2.com in the Texas forum asking if anyone knew him. I clearly stated "having fun".

Tell Ron bad ass car. :rockon: I wanted to ask him what shot he was running, I'd guess and say a 150? He was a very nice guy, friendly as hell.:coolman:

He is a nice guy, but he's still a lawyer!!:-D J/K Ron if you read this. I don't know why he is not using nitrous anymore or if he will again.

Had to back you up dude, they were all about to call BS. Credit where credit is due. :beer:

I8URLS1

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
He is a nice guy, but he's still a lawyer!!:-D J/K Ron if you read this. I don't know why he is not using nitrous anymore or if he will again.

Had to back you up dude, they were all about to call BS. Credit where credit is due. :beer:

:bs: :coolman: :beer:

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
20 cars on a CTS-V? I really doubt that..

Most likely you probably had 4-5 car lengths and he just let off. The CTS-V isn't that slow.

UrS4

Established Member
Good kills on the C6 and the Caddy.

A legitimate race between you and the C6 403 auto would have been fun to watch. Your power advantage of 30+whp vs his weight savings seems to cancel out. I suppose who got traction first would win in that race, ha ha.

I need to get a faster car, ha ha!

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
DouBLeJ16 said:
20 cars on a CTS-V? I really doubt that..

Most likely you probably had 4-5 car lengths and he just let off. The CTS-V isn't that slow.

I think he meant Scion tC, not CTS-V.:poke:

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:

Hey, Paul

Good Kill this is Benny JC's friend I met you and your fiance and brother at the Hooter's in Mckinney watching the UFC fight. Well I thought you told me that you didn't post that much on the forums anymore with school and all but I am glad to see that you and your fiance are having fun racing. Next time try to have your video camera so that you can post the video for the doubters.

Well congratulations on the kill and I know that you were just having a good time like you normally do. So next time you're going to have to go out to the next meet on Friday so that we can run for fun. Again good kill and stop picking on corvettes now you know there slow :thumbsup: Just kidding. :) But there is nothing like two sweet cars going at it:rockon:

-Benny-

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Benny, yeah it was very nice meeting you. I see you got a KB since the last time we met, congrats. I stopped bringing the camera because when I posted my vids I got BS called on me also or the vid is too dark. I wasn't even gonna post these kills because I figured no one would believe me which hardly anyone did until C6 Z06 came forward.

Just from the reaction here you can see why I don't post about any of my kills, no one would believe them anyways. Yeah I will probably disappear again come Tues school starts back up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread