CT Spotted Thread

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
also saw some people pulled over lately by unmarked cars in the hartford area. one was an unmarked durango,other was an older camaro

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
How did you do?

It was an E46 M3 (like 2003ish) Well we were weaving like crazy lol. I saw him come up near me and I weaved around traffic on the right side of the four lanes and he weaved around traffic in the left two lanes. Then under the Hartford tunnel (I think is what you call it) on 84 I downshifted and punched it and flew over to the right lane by the end of the tunnel. Then I cut over to the middle lanes for a few moves, then got around to the left lane and kept going.. barely saw him in my rearview lol. So I continued cruising. Then a couple miles later I see him gaining on me after he got through everybody. I hit the gas in fifth and he was on my ass, so I downshifted and punched it in fourth and after I was done in fourth he was a 1/2 - 1 car length further behind me. I don't know if he had to wait to hit the gas or what though. Can't really say I won in that instance. Then I went around some more cars and almost expected him not to follow me since it was pretty crazy lol, but he did. Then once we got onto 9 there was a gap in traffic. I was trying to get him to slow down so we could go from a second or third gear punch, but he didn't want anything to do with it. :shrug: I would have loved to line up next to each other though! :rockon: I looked em up and I guess they run low-mid 13's, which would be a perfect match for my car.

Wow that was a long.. and irresponsible story. :lol1: I wont get into the donuts I did tonight.. lol I love this thing.

f2hatch

Established Member
Didnt catch the door only saw the rear. Looked like his car. I did see the old sticker that me and tom made up on the rear window thats why I thought it was him. " Just another victim..."

His car is the only one i have seen with that.

JWMclane3

Tutored by an '03 Cobra
Established Member
just to let you guys know, i think the state police are getting a fleet of new camaros... two weeks ago or so i drove by a dealer in saybrook/westbrook and there was a red camaro, gray one, and no bullshit... about 15 silver camaros. I went by there the other day and all of the silver camaros are no where to be found. why else would a dealer order all silver, and where would they all dissapear to at the same time... i bet you that they're getting upfitted right now and we will see them out soon.

Worry not....I have a guy down there and he told me that they are the factory delivery dealer for Callaway.

The silver's are going to be some sort of special edition car but he couldn't say for whom....all to be
prepped in Old Lyme by Callaway but won't be branded as a Callaway car...

And try more like 25 of 'em...;-)

Best,
J

f2hatch

Established Member
White 03/04 coupe sat. night on the pike. It was parked at the fire house on the noth bound side. It could of been my twin.
It's on the right. Mine is the one to the left.
09270900231.jpg

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
White 03/04 coupe sat. night on the pike. It was parked at the fire house on the noth bound side. It could of been my twin.
09270900231.jpg

I know who he is. I grew up in berlin. Thats in front or side of the Berlin Fire House. He's friends with people I know. Drives that car year round or used too. Had a nice harley f-150 before the cobra. Cool picture though. :rockon:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member

I've seen that one before. I used to actually think it was yours! lol

f2hatch

Established Member
I've seen that one before. I used to actually think it was yours! lol

You know how many people tell me they see me in the car? Even when my car was stripped down and in a paint booth. Now i know why.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Not a 'Stang... but I've seen a Silver Gen2 Lightning around Enfield/Somers, lowered, rolled pan, think its Chris Nelson's (Tolland) old truck... twice now I've been in my beater or my wife's car. Anyone?

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
saw a yellow mach 1 in manchester this morning driving around in the rain.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Not a 'Stang... but I've seen a Silver Gen2 Lightning around Enfield/Somers, lowered, rolled pan, think its Chris Nelson's (Tolland) old truck... twice now I've been in my beater or my wife's car. Anyone?

I see the silver one drive by my shop in Enfield all the time. Theres some kid with an SB L in town always on the go.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
saw an older,97 cobra, bright red getting on rt84 in farmington around noon. also saw an very interesting car on rt 44 in avon. it was an audi r8. never saw one so i googled it and found out some specs. 4.2L v-8, 420 hp, 0-60 in 4.4,top speed 187,and the v-8 run up to 8250 rpms. WOW. only starts at $114,000 double wow. what do you think? cobras VS audi????????

Users who are viewing this thread