Cruising my jet ski's vid...My 400hp Yamaha and my wife's 300hp Sea Doo...

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Out cruising on the lake today with the GoPro on my head...Made a little vid. I'm on my heavily modified 2014 Yamaha FZR (1800cc supercharged/intercooled/18psi, etc etc) and she's on her 2016 Sea Doo RXT-X 300...Mine's near 400hp and does 86mph on my GPS and hers does about 72mph on GPS...Enjoy

[video=youtube;sm4_nlD_CVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm4_nlD_CVk[/video]

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I just want to let you know, let you know, let you know... that everyone would rather hear a 400 horsepower jet ski.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Makes me miss my GTR215! Such fun toys, but BLOW through fuel, and kinda tough for long day outings.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice video, but OMG, that music! Made me want to punch my screen. :eek:

Awesome jet skis! How does it feel with 400hp? That's huge power.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Wouldn't a much larger bass boat with 400hp do 80+ as well? Just curious why a much smaller jet ski wouldn't go much faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Wouldn't a much larger bass boat with 400hp do 80+ as well? Just curious why a much smaller jet ski wouldn't go much faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct...Has to do with the pitch of the prop...Mine's setup mostly for holeshot and mid range...Try to pin the throttle from a stop on mine it wants to rip your arms out.(400hp + 830lb dry weight) I've ripped apart basically the fastest boats you can think of out of the hole except for full on drag boats. My prop takes me to almost even with my rpms...I run about 8750rpm and ski tops out as I said around 86 on my gps.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Correct...Has to do with the pitch of the prop...Mine's setup mostly for holeshot and mid range...Try to pin the throttle from a stop on mine it wants to rip your arms out.(400hp + 830lb dry weight) I've ripped apart basically the fastest boats you can think of out of the hole except for full on drag boats. My prop takes me to almost even with my rpms...I run about 8750rpm and ski tops out as I said around 86 on my gps.

Learn something new every day! Thanks!

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I added music more for YouTube views than anything I know it sucks lol...Go to my channel and watch a couple of my other ones with my speed runs you'll be happier. :)

Sirhc7897

Established Member

Different style props and different pitches come into play but the primary reason a 400hp boat is much, much faster (not quicker) than a 400hp watercraft has to do with the fact that a jet pump is nowhere near as efficient as a prop...I think props are about a third more efficient, generally speaking...You've got a lot of added drag for the inlet, compressing it through a venture nozzle, etc...

jtkz13

Established Member
Which ski did you prefer when they were stock? I'm contemplating the GP1800 or RXT 300 next spring.

Great video.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Which ski did you prefer when they were stock? I'm contemplating the GP1800 or RXT 300 next spring.

Great video.

If you plan on keeping the ski stock then go with (my opinion) the better quality ski and get the RXT-X 300. If you want a ski that's easier to mod, but less comfy and less luxury stuff then go with the Yamaha for all out power/speed...

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Different style props and different pitches come into play but the primary reason a 400hp boat is much, much faster (not quicker) than a 400hp watercraft has to do with the fact that a jet pump is nowhere near as efficient as a prop...I think props are about a third more efficient, generally speaking...You've got a lot of added drag for the inlet, compressing it through a venture nozzle, etc...

Exactly right...I left out a few details. Less efficient and also the hull is setup for pure handling mostly which limits speed to an extent...but also increases the fun factor... :)

Users who are viewing this thread