Cruising my jet ski's vid...My 400hp Yamaha and my wife's 300hp Sea Doo...

CLN 6R

Established Member
There's similar boats in my lake and never had one stay next to me 0-80 haha...I'm not sure what kind of ski's you've run but stock supercharged ones are way slower than my Yamaha. Not stepped bottom on the ski but as another guy mentioned in here the ski jet pump is WAY less efficient than conventional prop boat. And you're right mostly for handling on the ski. There's a few ski's running around with turbo setups doing 115+ in my neck of the woods down here in FL.

Weight on my Yamaha with fuel/fluids is around 1000lbs even.
Even my basically stock ski can out holeshot just about anything on the lake that I normally ride on. Granted its not huge and doesn't have any super fast boats like the Lake of the Ozarks does that's very popular and known for fast boats on it.

CSG

Established Member
There's similar boats in my lake and never had one stay next to me 0-80 haha...I'm not sure what kind of ski's you've run but stock supercharged ones are way slower than my Yamaha. Not stepped bottom on the ski but as another guy mentioned in here the ski jet pump is WAY less efficient than conventional prop boat. And you're right mostly for handling on the ski. There's a few ski's running around with turbo setups doing 115+ in my neck of the woods down here in FL.

Weight on my Yamaha with fuel/fluids is around 1000lbs even.

In fairness I did not mention that my boat held the 1/4 mile record for a few years so not a "typical bass boat". 115 on a ski!!! too much for me. I have never had the opportunity to ride a really fast one but I love the acceleration, not so much going really fast. Do they hold up well making that kind of power?

jtkz13

Established Member
115mph is just insane on a ski, that's a bit much for me. :O

I'd be ecstatic with any of the factory 300hp units, and I'll be cross-shopping each one at the Detroit boat show this coming spring. I'm starting to really consider the Kawasaki too. I hear the rough water ride is far better, which for me is kinda important since I'm on a BIG inland lake. Supposedly the holeshot is awesome too, since its a TVS blower instead of the centrifugal setups on the Doo's & Yamaha's.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I thought the record was at 112mph but thats beside my point.

What setups are they running to break 100mph? Just insanely modded 1.8's?

Basically insanely modded 1.8's or insanely modded Sea Doo motors...Big turbo, lots of boost and some even have nitrous (plus straight open header/exhaust through the upper rear part of ski behind the seat stupid loud) just purely for drags.

I think it's crazy at that point...I'm pretty much near the limit on my Yamaha of where I want to be for a mostly recreational fun ski for cruising on the weekends. Most of my riding is 30-40mph with my wife anyways.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
115mph is just insane on a ski, that's a bit much for me. :O

I'd be ecstatic with any of the factory 300hp units, and I'll be cross-shopping each one at the Detroit boat show this coming spring. I'm starting to really consider the Kawasaki too. I hear the rough water ride is far better, which for me is kinda important since I'm on a BIG inland lake. Supposedly the holeshot is awesome too, since its a TVS blower instead of the centrifugal setups on the Doo's & Yamaha's.

Kawi 310's are sweet ski's...I'd recommend also looking at the RXTX300 when you're ready as it's similar in size to the Kawi 310 with GREAT rough water ride and great hull. Holeshot is just as good on the SVHO Yamaha ski's and the Sea Doo's 300hp ski's I promise...Plus the Kawi with the tvs falls flat in the mid and upper rpms and the Yamaha and Sea Doo feel like they'll keep pulling forever (and they do with mods)...Gotta look at and test ride them all.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I just want to let you know, let you know, let you know... that everyone would rather hear a 400 horsepower jet ski.

LMFAO I read this while the vid was loading and I was like WTF is he talking about? Totally get it now!!!

Sweet rides though! I miss the jetski world! (except when it comes time to pour gas and oil in them hourly $$)

Users who are viewing this thread