crashed the cobra, again ...

Storm728

Established Member
long story short was coming out of a lot, lost it like a jackass on the damp road, spun out went up a ~8" curb with the front facing the opposite lane. damage on the outside shows a shredded left rear tire that fell off the rim, cracked right rear rim, slightly knick/flare in the front right rim. as for closer examination, the front right wheel looks fine, front left is slightly toed out, rear left is toed in a bit and the right rear is toed in a LOT. i checked everything i could think of and nothing looks bent or broken so im stumped. wondering if anyone has any ideas on what could be causing the misalignment especially in the rear which worries me the most.

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
shitty man, at least your alright. it happens to the best of us. you should learn in a parking lot how to drift and slide your car. ive been sliding all of my cars from my lightning to my 350z now my cobra. just takes time to have the touch of when to hold it and get out of it to save your ass. at least you have good insurance right haha

Storm728

Established Member
shitty man, at least your alright. it happens to the best of us. you should learn in a parking lot how to drift and slide your car. ive been sliding all of my cars from my lightning to my 350z now my cobra. just takes time to have the touch of when to hold it and get out of it to save your ass. at least you have good insurance right haha

except they will probably drop me now :cuss:

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
except they will probably drop me now :cuss:

yea good luck finding insurance. i use statefarm and got a fat hookup from a buddy. i use to have esurance but they said they wouldnt insure the cobra, same with progressive. i pay 100/month 1milion umbrella over the car and a clean record(for the first time since ive had my licence haha)

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
not going to put you on full blast but....

dude you should not drive or own a car that you keep crashing. you need to slow down and take some driving lessons.

KNOCK ON WOOD! I have NEVER wrecked any of my cars. ive had 150 hp to 1100 rwhp cars. ive been 180 mph.... but I know when to play and when not to play.

you need to really learn your car a lot better or sell it for something you can handle.

on the nice side

glad your ok

now go pick up your pride

Storm728

Established Member
not going to put you on full blast but....

dude you should not drive or own a car that you keep crashing. you need to slow down and take some driving lessons.

KNOCK ON WOOD! I have NEVER wrecked any of my cars. ive had 150 hp to 1100 rwhp cars. ive been 180 mph.... but I know when to play and when not to play.

you need to really learn your car a lot better or sell it for something you can handle.

on the nice side

glad your ok

now go pick up your pride
well to be fair this is the first time ive crashed it, the other time i was rammed while i was parked, shouldve clarified. but i get what you are saying

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
So it was wet out? We're you trying to get on it? If so - sorry but that makes you a dumb-ass.

If you weren't trying to get on it, but just gave it a little too much gas, well yeah it happens, especially with the sudden hit of power from the blower in these cars.

Storm728

Established Member
So it was wet out? We're you trying to get on it? If so - sorry but that makes you a dumb-ass.

If you weren't trying to get on it, but just gave it a little too much gas, well yeah it happens, especially with the sudden hit of power from the blower in these cars.

yes it was the first rain the day before and it was still wet and cold out. i wasnt trying to slide the car either.

HandBanana

Established Member
yea good luck finding insurance. i use statefarm and got a fat hookup from a buddy. i use to have esurance but they said they wouldnt insure the cobra, same with progressive. i pay 100/month 1milion umbrella over the car and a clean record(for the first time since ive had my licence haha)

What are you talking about? It's a mustang dude, not a Ferrari. I got quotes from every insurance company on my car and they all cover it.

Don't go threw insurance, your stupidity pay to fix it.*lessons learned*

You mention stupidity and then misuse "threw". Oh dear...

JDUB348

Established Member
I've driven my terminator countless times in rain and never once have i come close to crashing it. Wet roads = drive like a grand ma plain and simple.

*EDIT* And from the pictures, it looks like im running the same exact tire as you. Nitto 555R's..

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
First, I can't bash you because it takes a big man to admit fault in a situation like that, so I have to give credit, where credit is due. Now with regard to your toe issue, I would say that you must have bent either the tie rod, or the frame bracket that it bolts to, even if it isn't readily apparent. The other possibility is the arm that the tie rod attaches to on the knuckle. These are just cast aluminum and can bend very easily. I would take it to a shop knowledgeable in the rear suspension on these cars, or maybe a good Ford dealership that services SVT cars. Clearly something got tweaked with the impact, and it may be unsafe at this point, even if the toe can be corrected through a re-alignment.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
I don't get on it if I think there's is even a remote chance that the back end will step out. It's just not worth it. Things never go the way you want them too when you start sliding.

None of us are experienced drifters and when we get out of control unexpectedly, most of us over correct or make some other mistake.

gt347mustang

Established Member

Future thread: "I wrecked my car being a dumbass!"

Users who are viewing this thread