Craigslist Deal - 2009 GT500 with 209 miles

Venomous 03

Established Member
I don't really agree with this...Looks are subjective person to person.I happen to think the 07-09 look way better than an 03/04 but you think opposite...that's totally fine. They're both nice cars. I will say that stock for stock they are equal speed wise, no getting around that. I would find it hard to believe that a lot of people look at a Shelby, then a Terminator, and choose the Terminator. Now, if all you want is performance out of the car then I agree that a 03/04 would be a better choice but as an overall vehicle, the S197 is just superior. People do want way too much for an 03/04 nowadays.

I personally think the 05-09 bodystyle is the ugliest thats came out in the last 15 years.
05-09 have literally 0 advantages over a terminator.Just sticking more power and fatter brakes,on a fatter pig.The terminator is no doubt,a more desireable car,hands down.
For what people look for in a performance mustang,the TERMINATOR is far superior.
Theres a reason the terminator is priced the same.......

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If I was going to buy a GT-500, it for sure would a 2010-2014. This is a nice specimen, but being a 2009 is hurting it a bit. JMO.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
^

This is kind of like selling a '99/01 Cobra (for close to new prices) with ultra low mileage when there are Terminators to be bought/sold.

doesnt really comport. 99/01 cobras were under powered (comparatively speaking) n/a cars. factory boosted mustangs are a whole different ballgame

This. A buddy has been staying on top of prices for the 07-09's and they're in low 30's through mid 20's. Average is $32k ish. Definitely going to be seeing more of these on the street soon.

that's like saying you can get an 03 cobra from anywhere from $10k to $25k. just like a terminator, a gt500 selling in the mid 20s is going to have a lot more mileage and be in less than mint condition. id like to see a gt500 with less than 10k in excellent condition for mid 20s. id be surprised to find an 07 with less than 10k for under $30k. let alone an 09.

if i had $30k burning a hole in my pocket and had to choose between a 1k 07-09 GT500 or a comp O terminator coupe with the same mileage, i would have to go with the GT500. ive had both. i much prefer the gt500 chassis. i love terminators. i love how they look. i love the IRS. they look badass. but that alone isnt enough for me.

this reminds me of the fox guys who would say how much better the fox is than the terminator lol. i was with a group of them once. they were all into racing. one guy owned a terminator and a raced out fox. the rest were fox owners. then me, the other terminator owner. they were all saying how the cobra is too heavy, the IRS sucks, the "heaton" sucks, blah blah blah. fox is the king.

pretty much the same thing i see here :bored:

ive seen a few people post up that they had a gt500 and sold it to get back into a terminator. im sure there's been a few. but that's the key word, a "few". im positive there has been waaaaay more terminator owners who have sold that to jump into a gt500 (whatever year) and not gone back. plus there were a lot of people who skipped right past the terminator and went GT500. said the GT500 either renewed their interest in mustangs again or brought interest for the first time finally.

just like the fox faithful, there will always be a strong group of terminator faithful.
and with whatever SVT cobra/gt500 comes next, there will always be a strong group of GT500 faithful who prefer the big motor and SRA.

but i have to lol at people who think the 05-09 mustangs are the modern era's version of the mustang II
especially considering that mustang sales skyrocketed in 05.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
doesnt really comport. 99/01 cobras were under powered (comparatively speaking) n/a cars. factory boosted mustangs are a whole different ballgame

that's like saying you can get an 03 cobra from anywhere from $10k to $25k. just like a terminator, a gt500 selling in the mid 20s is going to have a lot more mileage and be in less than mint condition. id like to see a gt500 with less than 10k in excellent condition for mid 20s. id be surprised to find an 07 with less than 10k for under $30k. let alone an 09.

if i had $30k burning a hole in my pocket and had to choose between a 1k 07-09 GT500 or a comp O terminator coupe with the same mileage, i would have to go with the GT500. ive had both. i much prefer the gt500 chassis. i love terminators. i love how they look. i love the IRS. they look badass. but that alone isnt enough for me.

this reminds me of the fox guys who would say how much better the fox is than the terminator lol. i was with a group of them once. they were all into racing. one guy owned a terminator and a raced out fox. the rest were fox owners. then me, the other terminator owner. they were all saying how the cobra is too heavy, the IRS sucks, the "heaton" sucks, blah blah blah. fox is the king.

pretty much the same thing i see here :bored:

ive seen a few people post up that they had a gt500 and sold it to get back into a terminator. im sure there's been a few. but that's the key word, a "few". im positive there has been waaaaay more terminator owners who have sold that to jump into a gt500 (whatever year) and not gone back. plus there were a lot of people who skipped right past the terminator and went GT500. said the GT500 either renewed their interest in mustangs again or brought interest for the first time finally.

just like the fox faithful, there will always be a strong group of terminator faithful.
and with whatever SVT cobra/gt500 comes next, there will always be a strong group of GT500 faithful who prefer the big motor and SRA.

but i have to lol at people who think the 05-09 mustangs are the modern era's version of the mustang II
especially considering that mustang sales skyrocketed in 05.
So was that WHOLE statement for me? Lol. High mileage or not those are the prices I've seen. The two I've seen in the $20k range had 50-60k miles, not low but not very high either. No need to start the whole which do you prefer debate because we all have our own opinions.

Would I buy another terminator if I ever got rid of the current one? Maybe, maybe not. I've always loved the 07-09 GT500 and I've made that clear WAY too many times.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
So was that WHOLE statement for me? Lol. High mileage or not those are the prices I've seen. The two I've seen in the $20k range had 50-60k miles, not low but not very high either. No need to start the whole which do you prefer debate because we all have our own opinions.

Would I buy another terminator if I ever got rid of the current one? Maybe, maybe not. I've always loved the 07-09 GT500 and I've made that clear WAY too many times.

no it was not all directed at you lol.

what would a 50-60k terminator go for? i know a local guy who bought one with 40k for about $12k. just needed a new paint job.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
no it was not all directed at you lol.

what would a 50-60k terminator go for? i know a local guy who bought one with 40k for about $12k. just needed a new paint job.
$16-20k. Buying a terminator for $12k and 40k miles is definitely a deal if the car is running good and just needs paint.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
$16-20k. Buying a terminator for $12k and 40k miles is definitely a deal if the car is running good and just needs paint.

actually it had some kind of issue with the motor that he fixed for under $1k. and needed paint. but ive also talked to other owners who've gotten them pretty damn cheap. another local guy with a realllly clean black coupe he picked up for about $13k. had much higher mileage. another redfire coupe recently that had almost 100k on it that they were asking $11k for. an 07 gt500 with 11k on it would still be in the low-mid 20s. there are a couple out there already. its just funny when i see people say "the bottom has fallen out on 07-09 GT500s" when theyre still being sold all over the place for $30k plus. i cross shopped mine with 2011 5.0. those are at about $20k+ now. which plenty of people say is "a far better better car" lol
i remember reading an article that had the gt500 as one of the vehicles with the highest resale value.

Users who are viewing this thread