Craigslist Deal - 2009 GT500 with 209 miles

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
That's a damn good deal, my pops bought a 07 with 450 miles a few years ago for the same price.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
great price is right! i would offer him $30k and paint correction and underbody clean and send to an auction looking like a million bucks!!!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I bet there are many <1k miles Shelby's out there like this from the first few years. People heard the name Shelby and though they were buying an investment.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Sure is! He thought he was gonna have a money maker on his hands. Instead, he just gave a dealership $15K and ate the depreciation for 5 years.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Not really a great deal IMO.
The bottom fell out on the 07-09 a while ago.

smokastang

Established Member
This car isnt far from me . I was close to buying it but changed my mind . Ive emailed him several times. Since it was never registered the taxes still need to be paid on it

nycarpenter

Established Member
This car isnt far from me . I was close to buying it but changed my mind . Ive emailed him several times. Since it was never registered the taxes still need to be paid on it

So do you pay tax 2x. Never purchased a car that not registered other then from a dealer...

smokastang

Established Member
The taxes would have to be paid from the original purchase .Then the buyer would have to pay taxes for whatever they purchased the the car for . Was something that I didnt want to deal with kinda steared me away. The seller was pretty straight foward . I had ran a carfax on it .
Car was purchased new in Virginia I think it was.

matt87

Established Member
very nice color combo but is it me or are the 07-09 body style gt500 not ageing well? they just look very outdated already to me. still love them though.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
So do you pay tax 2x. Never purchased a car that not registered other then from a dealer...

no way you would pay twice

The taxes would have to be paid from the original purchase .Then the buyer would have to pay taxes for whatever they purchased the the car for . Was something that I didnt want to deal with kinda steared me away. The seller was pretty straight foward . I had ran a carfax on it .
Car was purchased new in Virginia I think it was.

i dont agree with this.

if he transferred the title to you after you gave him $35k cash you would pay tax on the $35k on the title correct? previous taxes couldn't come back on you could they?

smokastang

Established Member
no way you would pay twice

i dont agree with this.

if he transferred the title to you after you gave him $35k cash you would pay tax on the $35k on the title correct? previous taxes couldn't come back on you could they?

Im not sure that is just what the guy told me

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
very nice color combo but is it me or are the 07-09 body style gt500 not ageing well? they just look very outdated already to me. still love them though.

All of the 05-09 Mustangs looked outdated as soon as the 2010's came out. And the 2010+ GT500 looks worlds better than the 2010-2012 Mustang and GT.

Users who are viewing this thread