Craftsman Tool Boxes: Still made in the USA!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I didn't know it was possible to use hand tools that were not properly organized.
Im sure there are plenty out there that a vigilant about being organized. In my experience though, the tool cart is where all the sockets, ratchets and wrenches get thrown haha

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear about your Grandma, sir.

Yes, it was a different time. I was lucky enough to start my wrenching career when Craftsman tools were still mostly USA forged. You ask me, Sears could have shuttered everything but appliance sales and Craftsman tools and really taken it to Harbor Freight. Alas, it was Sear's error and Stanley's gain.

Thanks bud.

My neighbor and I have this same conversation every now and again. At some point quality became secondary to the products which made Sears, Sears. It's appliances used to be second to none or at least a reliable name one would generally flock towards because of some sort of allegiance and reputation. Stop and think about how many household products were offered by the company. Last year I replaced a garage door opener from Sears and I believe it said Craftsman on it and when I tell you it was an early 70's model I'm not embellishing. My grandmother had a fence surrounding her yard from Sears and that too had to be from the 70's. It was a major piece of retail architecture that now means almost nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread