Coyote Swapped 3V

BMR Tech 2

Transmission is in and a lot more wiring got finished up last night. I have to tweak my MGW a little bit to make it fit with the Blowfish bracket and not hit the trans tunnel. The car might be ready to fire tonight. I'm very excited and very nervous right now!

noldevin

Established Member
Transmission is in and a lot more wiring got finished up last night. I have to tweak my MGW a little bit to make it fit with the Blowfish bracket and not hit the trans tunnel. The car might be ready to fire tonight. I'm very excited and very nervous right now!

Awesome! May the Horse be with you

5lho

Established Member
Great job, you've just cured the one thing wrong with the 05-10 Mustang. Excellent. Thinking of doing anything else to the engine? Is the AC going to work?

BMR Tech 2

Awesome! May the Horse be with you

Thanks!

Great job, you've just cured the one thing wrong with the 05-10 Mustang. Excellent. Thinking of doing anything else to the engine? Is the AC going to work?

It's going to stay stock for now. It has a 6 month warranty and being that it's a junkyard engine, I'd like to make sure all is well before really digging into it. If I do anything, it will be billet OPGs, O/R X (I will probably do that in a couple months), and thats about it. Eventually I'd like to put a blower on the car, so I don't see the point in doing a bunch of N/A mods. I may also switch to the Mustang intake cams. A/C will work. Maybe not tonight, but it will work in the next couple of days.

BMR Tech 2

We ran into a few snags last night, but I think we've got it all sorted now. PCM is powering up, communicating with OBDII, and everything seems to be cycling as it should. I had to bring the fuel pump hat and exhaust into work today for a little modification that I couldn't do at home. Home stretch!

BMR Tech 2

Fuel pump hat is done, exhaust is welded, and this showed up! Hopefully it will fit with all the other junk hanging off the Coyote. Alternator placement has me a little worried.

28632202610_f8f49168bf_c.jpg

28812203932_ff9ce7289f_c.jpg

28917493655_288fbd49e4_c.jpg

Dat filter media. I decided I wanted to give this a shot vs trying to find a place for my Bob's can. Even more parts are stacking up that will be going up for sale.

KBBoss302

Established Member
What an excellent thread! Good luck with this swap! For those of us who dream about a Bullitt with a real engine in it, this is a great read.

BMR Tech 2

It was cranking last night, but will not fire. After some head scratching and pow-wowing, we realized there is no crank pulse ring on the engine. So the trans will have to come back out and we'll have to install a pulse ring. Assuming that is a readily available part, I can have the car running this evening. Also assuming I don't keel over from exhaustion.

5lho

Established Member
It should be chucking codes everywhere if that's the case, no? Get the CJ one, if you can. AM sells it or any other vendor, likely.

BMR Tech 2

I ordered the CJ ring from AM since I can't get a stock ring until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. CJ ring will be here tomorrow morning. No codes and RPM is reading 0 during cranking. I am running a modified control pack strategy, so I'm not sure if DTCs will pop up exactly like OEM. We'll know tomorrow for sure!

BMR Tech 2

I live, I die, I live again!

ghPDfPv.gif

Took it out, did some logging, and had a big grin on my face the whole time. Didn't get on it too hard because I'm not sure if the tune is totally safe. I'm sure it is since it is just an FRPP control pack tune, but better safe than sorry. AFR looked good, but I need a second (better) opinion. The AC and reverse lights need to be done tomorrow, the exhaust is getting changed to GTBs because it's so loud. We also need to make sure the speed sensor is working right since its reading way high, despite having the correct gear ratio and tire size. We might have fried it earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K2jypLzsaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmaqBjOZVEo

5lho

Established Member
You'll have to put a bit of tape on the lens where the actual redline is.....Great job finishing things up!

BMR Tech 2

You'll have to put a bit of tape on the lens where the actual redline is.....Great job finishing things up!

One day I will bury that needle and REALLY have to change the redline marking lol.

This was an awesome build to read! Glad you got it up an running so quickly.

Thanks! I'm happy with how fast everything went together. I was not expecting it to be done so soon and working so well.

The only issue I'm really having right now is a "Check Fuel Cap" message in the info center. I may buy a base cluster to rid myself of that and just lose some functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread