Coyote killed a pesky Dodge Cummings w stack so big your head would fit in it

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Gonna be a little lengthy here but this kill was extra awesome for me due to the circumstances of the way this Cummings owner was behaving with his friends. So the story goes........I was just cruising down the road yesterday following a guy helping him take a car to one of his customers and I see this brown dodge Cummings that was an older truck (maybe a 2008 or something). Nothing that would catch your eye except there was a single stack coming up the back of the cab and I am not kidding was at least 12-18 inches in diameter. It looked like it blocked half of his rear window

He was one lane over from us and as I passed him with just a little gas he hammers it and the black smoke was so bad it looked like a tire burning and covered my car where I could barely see. I didn't do anything but let off the gas and look over bc it was so loud I didn't know what was going on. It did seem pretty powerful but nothing too crazy but then he slowed down and rolled his Window down and motioned "5.0" with his hands and then him and his friend laughed and did this like 3 or 4 times motioning 5.0 and then laughing. They were about 18 years old and no doubt thought they had the fastest truck on the planet.

I could see after market boost gauges and obviously had some sort of a tune but I'm not afraid to get pulled on so after all that and an empty road it was on. As a matter of fact of the probably 6-8 runs I've encountered on the road I've lost all but 2. People pick on me all the time but that's fine. My car is lowered 1.5" and has aftermarket chrome wheels and other visual mods so it looks fast I guess.

Anyways he was trying to say something to me but his truck was so loud I couldn't hear so I just floored it till about 80 to show him what I was working with. He roared the smoke again and caught up and here is the best part. He honked and it sounded like a freight train. The loudest horn I'd ever heard so I let up until about 50 mph. He slowed and honked that loud ass horn and before he hit 3 I could hear him gassing it so I hammered it. He got about a half door on me and I thought I was beat but nope. Car shifted at 7k and I slowly started pulling on him. Got enough on him I was satisfied(about 2 car lengths ) but took till almost 110 to do it. Best win I ever had. He caught up and rolled down his window again and I just gave the ole :thumbsup: and he just had this look of total defeat on his face and did the same. It was glorious because no doubt he didn't expect that. Mods in signature if anyone is wondering.

Last edited:

Stinger2011

Established Member
I wish we could all just describe other vehicles without coming up with dumb nick names for them.

Other than that, good kill.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I would have given him a thumbs down. Ricer truck driving douchebags are annoying.

choate

Established Member
Is this stuff normal to u guys? Ive never seen anything like this besides on the Internet. His truck put out a TON of smoke

Joewee500

Established Member
I had a decent 2005 Cummins with turbo, trans, and other bolt ons. Ran 13.0@103 with a 1.6 60'. It would blow the dust off most cars from a red light though. I never in my life have seen or heard of a 12"-18" diameter stack. That's like a 5 gallon buckets diameter. Gimme a break. Lol. Anyway, nice kill. He prolly had a maxed out tune only and thought it was a rocket ship.

Last edited:

choate

Established Member
I had a decent 2005 Cummins with turbo, trans, and other bolt ons. Ran 13.0@103 with a 1.6 60'. It would blow the dust off most cars from a red light though. I never in my life have seen or heard of a 12"-18" diameter stack. That's like a 5 gallon buckets diameter. Gimme a break. Lol. Anyway, nice kill. He prolly had a maxed out tune only and thought it was a rocket ship.

Id say he would do close to a 13 second 1/4 if I was guessing. My car is an auto and w out a tune i think he would have beat me. And I am not kidding at least a 12 inch stack. I think it might have been even bigger. Gonna search the interwebs and see if I can find an example.
Glad you won brother but that truck was kinda fast it sounds like.

Thanks. It was. I could literally feel his boost/exhaust in my chest. So glad I pulled on those little punks

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad you put a CumminGs ricer in his place. Smoke rarely means power nowadays.

I love pulling on 5.0s in my PowerJoke smoke-free :)

choate

Established Member
Basically just like this

diesel stack.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NGJWGDSg7Q

Last edited:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Torque will only get you so far. Those things fall flat on their ass once the revs build in a race. Those train horns are becoming trendy among the rednecks these days.

KushBandit

Established Member
Or nonexistent.

I hate stacks on trucks. They're basically the equivalent of a ricer fart can.

I have a neighbor that installed stacks on a late '60s GMC pickup. It's not a diesel though. I always point out to him how clean his pipes are. It truly is a "ricer" thing with truck guys, but my neighbor takes it to another level.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Is this stuff normal to u guys? Ive never seen anything like this besides on the Internet. His truck put out a TON of smoke
Come down to Texas and Oklahoma and you'll be in rice truck heaven. It's an epidemic around here with all these shitty rednecks.

katsimbris

...he just had this look of total defeat on his face and did the same. It was glorious because no doubt he didn't expect that. Mods in signature if anyone is wondering.

Bless your soul for this kill.

I would have given him a thumbs down. Ricer truck driving douchebags are annoying.

I know I'm years late to the party on that phrase/term, but I am keeping it forever.

Mike K

Cumbersome101

Established Member
I wonder if had a whip antenna and CB radio? Train horns...... I have nothing to say except I am embarrassed for him. I mean I just want to ask them why. I know I would get a stupid ass story.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Nice race.
There is about a 1000 of trucks similar to that up here chev dodge ford all of em all jacked up all straight piped all generally slow, but really loud

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Is Ricer Truck a good insult to use for these clowns, or is there something better? Thanks

sdoo500

Established Member
Tons of "fast" diesels up here by me. Just about every race I've ever had is against a truck. Two good friends of mine have trucks deep into the 11's. LLY Duramax and an old 12v Cummins. There are definitley some fast trucks out there but for every 1 fast truck around there's 20 with an intake and exhaust who think they're king of the street.

Users who are viewing this thread