Coyote HO Block Build

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I was given the OK from Ford to give out info on the block and build, so I figured i'd start a seperate thread from my normal build over the last 2 years.

The block arrived at B.E.S. Racing engines last week. We picked up a Boss 302 Crank and are in the process of putting a package together that should hopefully support 1300+rwhp and be able to live for an extended period of time.

I'll be posting updates as we go along for you guys!

bumplime

Established Member
What are the major differences between this HO block, the boss block etc.
When you say Ford gave you permission, is this a block that you are developing with Ford or are you one of the testers?

calgarybandit

Established Member
The block arrived at B.E.S. Racing engines last week. We picked up a Boss 302 Crank and are in the process of putting a package together that should hopefully support 1300+rwhp and be able to live for an extended period of time.

I'll be posting updates as we go along for you guys!

Is this going to have the new block Ford racing is releasing in the first quarter that was announced at Sema?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes, this is one of the new Ford Racing Blocks.

Cost is right at $2000.

We are going to be trying to wear it out and see how she holds up.

We ran a best of [email protected] on the oem block.

The car spent a year at the 750 rwhp range, and then a little over half of this season at 1000+ rwhp before the cylinder wall finally developed the small hairline crack that they all seem to get.

This block has more material in the jackets to address this issue.
'
I'm hoping to run some mid 8's this season at over 3800 lbs reliably.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Going to be headed over to Bischoff soon myself. Looking forward to laying my hands on my sportsman block also.

Keep everyone posted.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
you can cement the block, it won't be any good for the street, but it can be done if you want a race only setup

Sly Fox

Established Member
Sweet this is exactly what I have been waiting for. Please get some pics and more details up. I will be following this build very closely.

Users who are viewing this thread