Covered CA rates jumping

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
So glad my employer (Texas tax payers) covers my entire healthcare contribution. Prices are going to get crazy!

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't buy through my employer, but directly from kaiser. Only went up like 3% at the beginning of 2017. Hopefully its the same for 2018. 2019 I should have cheap insurance through my wife's employer when she finishes school and gets "promoted" to an RN.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Since the ACA was implemented my premiums have essentially doubled. My plan is a grandfathered individual high deductible plan. I'd like to change it to make the deductible higher, but the I will lose the plan if I make any changes to it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The ACA was only good for those with pre-existing conditions that couldnt get coverage and those that couldnt afford any to start with. All the rest of us are getting royally screwed.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Under the ACA, my premiums have double and my out of pocket has gone up about 35%. The only coverage that I have gained as a result of this extra pricing is dental for the children I don't have and maternity coverage for the uterus I lack.

Rates haven't been released yet in Colorado, but I'm expecting to see around 20% increases on average. For 2018 it will likely be better to self insure and pay the penalty.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
If healthcare costs aren't roped in this country will fall into a huge recession. It's out pacing wage increase exponentially. Something HAS to change in the next 10-15 years. It's chewing up people's disposable income and will eventually chew deeper into the rest of the budget of the American family.

Last edited:

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Since the ACA began my family Healthcare premiums have also doubled and the ded. is now $7000. Thanks Obama and these dumbass Republicans who can't figure their way out of a paper bag.

California keeps promising a single payer healthcare system but its been shown they do not have a way to pay for it but that has never stopped California in the past. I can't wait to see what happens when they secede from the USA. Stay tuned.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
If healthcare costs are roped in this country will fall into a huge recession. It's out pacing wage increase exponentially. Something HAS to change in the next 10-15 years. It's chewing up people's disposable income and will eventually chew deeper into the rest of the budget of the American family.

yup. I agree it has to change soon.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Blue Cross Montana is raising there rates on average 23% this year, thanks to ACA. They get my middle finger and I will not comply

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Since the ACA began my family Healthcare premiums have also doubled and the ded. is now $7000. Thanks Obama and these dumbass Republicans who can't figure their way out of a paper bag.

California keeps promising a single payer healthcare system but its been shown they do not have a way to pay for it but that has never stopped California in the past. I can't wait to see what happens when they secede from the USA. Stay tuned.

The democrats own study showed a single payer system would cost 4x California's annual budget. That idea is dead, for now.

Edit: I don't even think CA could increase taxes 4-5x to pay for a single payer system any time soon.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Since the ACA was implemented my premiums have essentially doubled. My plan is a grandfathered individual high deductible plan. I'd like to change it to make the deductible higher, but the I will lose the plan if I make any changes to it.

Mine doubled starting with the second year of the ACA being implemented and hasn't stopped.

I hope the people of KA reap what they sew.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Its mostly people in rural areas who get hurt the most. Their premiums go up a shit ton.

Users who are viewing this thread