Couple products from Metco with 1 being new

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Okay the first one is a new one and has not been sold yet. It's a cover for the end of your Eaton's snout to dress it up and will go along with the rest of your Made in the USA idler pullies from our friends at Metco.

Installation is rather easy too.:lol1: Price is $11.99 without free shipping unfortunately. Unless another order is placed then shipping could be free. For just the Snout Cover though the customer will have to pay shipping.

Posi-3.jpg

Posi-2.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now this one is what is going on my car when it gets put back together. I can't believe I haven't installed it before now. It's a brace to make your stock tensioner stronger.

Here's a brief description of it from Metco and then a link with more information as well. Pricing for this is $69.99.

The tensioner support plate is offered as an alternative to an aftermarket tensioner assembly. The support plate addresses the most common issue with the factory tensioner, which is the bending of the arm towards the front of the vehicle when the belt is heavily loaded. This flexing affects the belt tracking, which then leads to belt slip. We have seen tensioner arms bent permanently in this fashion, and have seen tensioners break at the point of flex.
If the vehicle is equipped with an original tensioner in good condition, the tensioner plate will prevent any flexing issues from occurring. The plate acts as a brace or girdle, and allows the tensioner to freely move within its intended travel range but not bend. The installation is very simple, and unlike aftermarket tensioners, readily-available replacement pulleys can be used when necessary. The brace has been proven to be very effective, and the retention of the OEM tensioner eliminates the increased risk to pulley, alternator, and supercharger snout bearings often associated with aftermarket tensioners.
More details can be seen here:

Link with more information.....Tensioner Support Plate, 2005 and Newer Ford Mustang: Metco Motorsports

Last a couple of pictures....

Posi-1.jpg

Posi.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Haven't they made the belt tensioner brace for awhile now? I'll be looking into getting one.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Haven't they made the belt tensioner brace for awhile now? I'll be looking into getting one.

Yes sir they have but it seems to kind of go below the radar. I just learned myself that it can help fix some belt slip by keeping the pulley and itself aligned with the rest of the system.:bash: Never even crossed my mind.

Edit: I'd venture not to many people abuse the stock tensioner as much as me either lol. I have like 15 different belts laying around here and all of those go on or went on very TIGHT!

Last edited:

shb5007

Established Member
Any idea if the snout cover will fit over RR pulleys?

Any idea if you can install the tensioner brace while its on the car?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Curious, what's that carbon fiber I see right under the blower/above the valve covers?

EDIT: I'll take one of those blower pulley snout covers! Also do they make one to fit the aux 100mm pulley? I'd take one for that to maybe! I have paypal or whats the best way to pay?

Last edited:

perry2k12

Established Member
Maybe I missed it, but when will the snout cover be available? I took my blower off two nights ago to clean things up. This would help nicely!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I knew i'd seen the pulley cover before, without metro's name all over it though

Metco MPC0002 Pulley Cover 100mm | eBay

edit: I thought you meant the idler :bash:

Lol, I didn't even mention the actuall idler covers.

Any idea if the snout cover will fit over RR pulleys?

Any idea if you can install the tensioner brace while its on the car?

I'm sorry but I do not know that. I would guess no.

Yes but it's easier to take off to do so. It's a 15 minute job tops and comes with detailed instructions to do so.

Nice looking Metco products...

:beer:

Curious, what's that carbon fiber I see right under the blower/above the valve covers?

EDIT: I'll take one of those blower pulley snout covers! Also do they make one to fit the aux 100mm pulley? I'd take one for that to maybe! I have paypal or whats the best way to pay?

I'll find out Monday on the carbon fiber that we can see.

Let us do some checking and we'll get back with you on the 100mm idler covres.

Maybe I missed it, but when will the snout cover be available? I took my blower off two nights ago to clean things up. This would help nicely!

We can take orders for the snout cover now.

Any updates on availability?

See above. Sorry I was offline most of yesterday.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
The idler covers are compatible with stock idlers and then their own Metco idlers as well.

Users who are viewing this thread