Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Who are Bill & Hill ?

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Through the research I checked out, it seems that the amendment, and how it intersects with the 12th amendment is up for interpretation. I always understood it to mean that you couldn't serve as president for more than 10 years, but that is up for interpretation as well. It does state that if you serve more than 2 years of another presidents term, you cannot be elected on your own more than once, but again, it doesn't really say that once YOU served two elected terms, that you couldn't serve 3 years and 364 days of someone else's term. It's doubtful that we will ever learn the answer as it is a matter that would need to be decided specificaly by the courts, and it could go either way.

I did find it interesting that there have been only 3 presidents to serve the full two terms since the 22nd amendment. Also, I found in a couple of places, where Clinton spoke of not apealing the 22nd amendment, but modifying it to let a president run again after sitting out a term. I also remember a time when Regan wanted to repeal the amendment altogether.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
That would be Nepotism to the highest degree.

How do you figure it would be nepotism?

nepotism is defined as "Favoritism granted to relatives or close friends, without regard to their merit. Nepotism usually takes the form of employing relatives or appointing them to high office."

Since, a husband and wife team would have to be ELECTED to office. thus one could not give or appoint their spouse to the office of VP. no nepotism would be involved.

Now if the VP were to die and the president picked their spouse as the new VP you could then make a case for Nepotism.

roach4047

Established Member
In this case no.....Bill's a former 2 term President and has reached limit in the amt of years he can serve.

But if a spouse meets all the other criterion for President set forth in the constitution they can.

I don't believe that entirely... There have been vice president that have served 2 terms and went on to run for the Presidency.... AL Gore for one. So I don't see why not.

Roach

So Far as a Clinton-Clinton ticket..... That would win a LOT of votes and I'm sure the White House.

Now that is Nepotism at it's grandest level there.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I don't believe that entirely... There have been vice president that have served 2 terms and went on to run for the Presidency.... AL Gore for one. So I don't see why not.

Roach

So Far as a Clinton-Clinton ticket..... That would win a LOT of votes and I'm sure the White House.

Now that is Nepotism at it's grandest level there.

I would refer you to my post right above yours .... and ask you the same question yet again... How is it nepotism if it were a clinton-clinton ticket? nepotism, by definition is where one would appoint the other to the post. since it is an election she would have no say about him being the VP the American electorate would be.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
the presidential and vice presidential candidates cannot live in the same state,so bill could not be her choice for vice president.

Actually I believe they are qualified and would be fine with the REQUIRED separation.

nighthawk355x

Banned
hmmm could this Hillary thing be a Plot by Bill? I see this happening for some reason!

Bill you sneaky lil fart.

That's what I said. He'll be back there all "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!" :fm:

Cheating aside, he was probably the most interesting presidents of my lifetime thus far, I can't remember much of Reagan. He was the only one who I could actually picture as a normal average Joe...probably because he was.

Users who are viewing this thread