Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Who are Bill & Hill ?

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
So theoretically if Bill was VP for Hillary and she had a stroke and died Bill would be Pres for the rest of her term but couldn't then run for election?

exactly

:shrug: ....or would he be limited to 2 years after being "appointed" because he can't go over 10 regardless of how he got there.

Where are you getting this "10 years" from? I haven't been able to find any reference to a "10 year" limit

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
exactly

Where are you getting this "10 years" from? I haven't been able to find any reference to a "10 year" limit

quote from 22 amendment:
and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once.

Maybe I'm reading more into this but he served 8 years as Pres already....he can't serve for more than 2 more years after he took over for Hillary- that's 10 right?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
quote from 22 amendment:
and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once.

Maybe I'm reading more into this but he served 8 years as Pres already....he can't serve for more than 2 more years after he took over for Hillary- that's 10 right?

you are mis-interpreting it. what that means is that )let's take bush and cheney) ... if bush had died, less than half way through his term and cheney was president as a result for two years and 1 day. he, Cheny could only be elected to the office of President once instead of the allowed twice under normal circumstances.

Bill cannot RUN or be elected for president again period. but if hillary died two days into her term then billy boy would be in the white house for the remaining 3 years 363 days.

Jefe

Established Member
The fact that this even came up is how screwed up this whole thing has gotten. The Clintons are turning the Presidency postition into a joke. If anyone even considers electing an impeached President to serve under his wife, I swear someone will be killed. What the **** is wrong with everyone?

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
If bill was vp, hill would spend her entire term fighting the idea (read: fact) that she is a shadow president. But im not worried about it, even if hill did get the dem nod the red states would storm the polls to keep her out of the white house.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
If bill was vp, hill would spend her entire term fighting the idea (read: fact) that she is a shadow president. But im not worried about it, even if hill did get the dem nod the red states would storm the polls to keep her out of the white house.

We can only hope...I know I'll do my part!!

wally9404

Established Member
the presidential and vice presidential candidates cannot live in the same state,so bill could not be her choice for vice president.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
hmmm could this Hillary thing be a Plot by Bill? I see this happening for some reason!

Bill you sneaky lil fart.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
capitol hill blue.type in bill clinton for vp.

Maybe .. what you should do .. is learn to read the WHOLE article before you post your synopsis of it. Also I would not quote that POS rag as authoritative of anything other than how much crap steams at 32 degrees.

but I digress .... here is a quote from the very same article

The bottom line here is that it appears NEITHER the 12th NOR the 22nd Amendments to our Constitution specifically prohibit a former two-term President from serving as Vice President.

now I know that as a kliton nutswinger you will be overjoyed at the possibility of two of those asswipes in the white house. but another 4 years of billery is scary as shit to me

wally9404

Established Member
Maybe .. what you should do .. is learn to read the WHOLE article before you post your synopsis of it. Also I would not quote that POS rag as authoritative of anything other than how much crap steams at 32 degrees.

but I digress .... here is a quote from the very same article

The bottom line here is that it appears NEITHER the 12th NOR the 22nd Amendments to our Constitution specifically prohibit a former two-term President from serving as Vice President.

now I know that as a kliton nutswinger you will be overjoyed at the possibility of two of those asswipes in the white house. but another 4 years of billery is scary as shit to me

if you read the whole article it said' he could be the vp.i guess you only believe the source if it comes from a conservative site.i hope she wins just to make you more miserable then you already are!!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
the presidential and vice presidential candidates cannot live in the same state,so bill could not be her choice for vice president.

if you read the whole article it said' he could be the vp.i guess you only believe the source if it comes from a conservative site.i hope she wins just to make you more miserable then you already are!!

kinda my point there sonnybuck ... in your first quote YOU said the article stated he could NOT be then you reverse yourself in your second post agreeing with what I said. and you say I don't believe the article? you really need some reading comprehension skills

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

He can pull a Cheney. Cheney lives in Texas, but magically he became a resident of Wyoming (where he lived previously) when it was needed.

wally9404

Established Member
kinda my point there sonnybuck ... in your first quote YOU said the article stated he could NOT be then you reverse yourself in your second post agreeing with what I said. and you say I don't believe the article? you really need some reading comprehension skills

i agreed before i did some research.ok!

taronis

Banned
Hell, the Al-Sharpton-Slapped-Down fool is already the witch's pimp............AND NO, FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS THE HAS-BEEN ASSHOLE FROM BEING HER VP..........SEE ADAM'S POST ABOVE. MAYBE SHE COULD HAVE JIMMAH KAHTA........... :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread