Cost to repaint front bumper and hood?

Silverboost

Established Member
Just trying to get an idea of what would be an average amount to pay to have my factory front bumper and hood repainted? Also thinking about getting the sideskirts and louvers on the side redone since they are quite yellowed at this point (silver metallic is my car color).

THanks,

Mike

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
My car is going in to have the bumper and trunk resprayed... I was quoted at 450. Excluding extensive prep work, if it were needed. That is a similar price to what you will find, I think.
My guesstimate on all of that would probably be in the area of 700.

Good luck. And perhaps consider paint correction on discolored areas, you may be surprised what a good polish can take out.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Depends on the quality of work you want done. Guy at the the cheapo paint shop here quoted me 250... while ford quoted me 1500, and i found a another shop at 675... ford was more expensive because they were going to "blend" the paint into the front fenders so there would be no way to notice it was done. The other shops claimed they could match it "close enough"... pick your poison but remember sometimes you get what you pay for, and that saying is usually right about paint jobs.

w3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Established Member
A metallic color will be hard to match straight up so I would suggest getting whoever does it to blend in with the fenders. I would suggest getting someone to correct the areas in doubt first though. You would be surprised what can be done with a buffer in the right hands.

Silverboost

Established Member
paint correction with a buffer isn't going to work as i have all the equipement to do that...the hood is actually in great shape other than a thumb size chunk of paint i took out of the tip of the hood when i was replacing the clutch last year. The side skirts there is nothing i can do other than repaint as the yellowing is really an issue from when ford sprayed the car. I guess i will just need to take it to a body shop to have them look it over and give me the best options. I figured i would just take the pieces to them and have them spray and me put back on.

Silverboost

Established Member
Well picking up the parts tomorrow after getting them repainted. Ended up getting the sideskirts, side louvers, hood (including the underside), and front bumper repainted for $1500.00.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I had my rear bumper done a couple years ago, if I remember correctly it was $200 but this isn't an Econo type of place, it wasn't taped off & sprayed they removed it from the car and reinstalled after dry.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
I just had my front and rear bumpers done for around $300. They turned out great but I'm getting some real bad chipping like the clear didnt bond and paint didn't bond to the primer. I gotta ask the dude who painted them what's up so the jury is still out on it.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I am having our painter at work paint my rocker panels, side scoops, front and rear bumper. He paints cars on the side and does awesome work. A quart of Torch Red paint is $190.00. Red paint usally costs more then other colors. the total on everything will be around550.00.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I wish I saw your post sooner, I have a local guy that does great work for dirt cheap. I had my underhood, N20 bottle, Nano bottle, and both mirror triangles painted Mystichrome for $250!!! Would have been worth the 1.5 hr. drive for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread