Corvette ????

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
I know this is a svt site. But i see alot of vette owners around. I am looking at maybe getting a vette. Between these two which on is a better vette. 03-04 Zo6 or a 05-06 C6. I like the Z but the heated seats, nav, and glass roof are pretty cool in the newer ones.:beer:

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
i would take the Zo6 just because its a Z but its hard to beat the looks and creature comforts of the c6.

im looking at a 99 c5 right now so bolth of those options mentioned above are out of my price range.

good luck.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It all depends what looks and feel you like better, C6 or C5Z?

The C5Z has a very slight edge as far as performance over the LS2 C6 and it has a little more of an agressive track car feel.

The LS3 C6 is a beast though and will smash a C5Z in the power department.

C5Zs are a little more rare to find than your C6s...

Good luck with your pick...

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Will this be a daily driver in the winter? If not I wouldn't worry about the heated seats. I don't know if you have ever owned a car with heated seats, yeah they're nice to have, but honestly my fiancee's Benz has heated seats and I think we may have used them only a couple times in really cold weather.

Too hard to pick for me. I say drive them both and see what your gut feeling tells you.

BajaBoy

Established Member
Will this be a daily driver in the winter? If not I wouldn't worry about the heated seats. I don't know if you have ever owned a car with heated seats, yeah they're nice to have, but honestly my fiancee's Benz has heated seats and I think we may have used them only a couple times in really cold weather.

Too hard to pick for me. I say drive them both and see what your gut feeling tells you.

really? i used my heated seats more then the actual heat in my old benz. I loved them.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
guys, he isnt asking about the LS3 vettes. The 05-07 had LS2's with 400HP the LS3 didnt arrive until 08-09. Get the C5Z, the aftermarket is a little more affordable at this point.

M3xpress

Established Member
I would want a Z06, but I cannot deny the beauty of a C6. You have a good situation but a hard choice before you.

I'd go with the Z though. :shrug:

Last edited:

FSSNK

Established Member
I would go with the Z06. Not just because of owning one but you have more of a rarity factor and they look better than the C6, of course thats a matter of opinion.

KILRSVT

Established Member
the only vette i would get is a c6 z06...it or nothing.....unless you can get a real good deal in a c5 z06.

Mach1jack

Established Member
Can't go wrong with either one, depending on condition and miles, the Z06 is going to be worth more down the road.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
well the ls3 it out of my price range. thanks for the info. the z does look better but the interior of the c6 is much nicer. I dont know i will have to look at them both and see what one i like more or just wait a year or too and get a ls3. It's hard trying to replace a 500+ rwhp cobra just because you want a different toy that has more luxury items.:beer:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If all you want is a "different toy with more luxury items" then it sounds like the C6 LS2 is the right match for you... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
oh boy both are good choices i would get the c5z since modding is easier/cheaper but comfort has got to be in the c6 either way you will be happy. I have been thinking of getting a c6 z06 but dont want another car payment lol my cobra is payed for

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol I keep hearing people saying modding the C5Z will be cheaper? Lol compared to what? Modding any Vette is expensive, you can't just go out and buy a set of headers (quality headers) for $500, you'd be looking at $1K+ easily, same goes for just about everything else. There is the thing, and I know there are alot of Vette owners posting here called the "Vette Tax" they call it that for a reason.

It really comes doen to how much you want to spend. The C5Z is a great car, and they are getting pretty cheap. You can find them for low 20K. We have been thinking of getting a C6Z, just because we've had our Z for a while now and the FRC, so we want something newer (well the C6Z or a Viper) The Z will feel a bit more raw compared to the C6. Throw on a 100 shot and your right there next to your 500hp car or probably ahead of it :) Oh and you can always somewhat take the good features of the C6 and put them on a C5. Im a vendor over on the Vette board and we made these parts for it :)

A mix of the C5 and C6 rear bumper, with lower diffuser
105698.jpg

C5 bumper thats also looks similar to the C6, but retains the stock C5 parking lights.
105693.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread