Corvette ????

ModularFan

Established Member
Vettes are nice, I wouldn't mind having one, especially the C5ZO6 with the 5.7L I believe the LS6. they're are pretty cheap these days and cheap on insurance.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
Lol I keep hearing people saying modding the C5Z will be cheaper? Lol compared to what? Modding any Vette is expensive, you can't just go out and buy a set of headers (quality headers) for $500, you'd be looking at $1K+ easily, same goes for just about everything else. There is the thing, and I know there are alot of Vette owners posting here called the "Vette Tax" they call it that for a reason.

It really comes doen to how much you want to spend. The C5Z is a great car, and they are getting pretty cheap. You can find them for low 20K. We have been thinking of getting a C6Z, just because we've had our Z for a while now and the FRC, so we want something newer (well the C6Z or a Viper) The Z will feel a bit more raw compared to the C6. Throw on a 100 shot and your right there next to your 500hp car or probably ahead of it :) Oh and you can always somewhat take the good features of the C6 and put them on a C5. Im a vendor over on the Vette board and we made these parts for it :)

A mix of the C5 and C6 rear bumper, with lower diffuser
105698.jpg

C5 bumper thats also looks similar to the C6, but retains the stock C5 parking lights.
105693.jpg

nice! do you have any pics of them mounted/painted on a c5? :beer:

Quik Z06

Established Member

I seen one on Craigslist for $37K I believe it was, an 06 w/59K miles though.

*edit* Here it is http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/ctd/1285842710.html

So they are out there, Ive been keeping an eye on them :)

nice! do you have any pics of them mounted/painted on a c5? :beer:

No not yet, I have pix of them on the car, but when they were in the initial prototype stages. I should have them in a few weeks (waiting for all the parts to be finished) then I'll get everything on and painted.

Last edited:

Jaysin

Established Member
Id definately go with the C5 Z06, absolutely beautiful cars. I do like the c6s aswell, but if I had to decide between the 2, id pick the c5 everytime.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
The C5 Z06 feels more like a raw race-car. From people that have owned both on the corvette forums, most like the Z06 better.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
LS2 or LS3 C6, but if it's not an LS3 C6 the Z06 is faster.

Between styling, interior and available options it blows the C5Z out of the water. IMO, it's a much nicer overall car.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I agree, but they are out there.

Excessive miles dramatically decreases the price of a high performance car. I would love to replace my C6 with a Z06.

As for those saying they would take a C5 over a C6, I cant agree. They are totally different vehicles. The C6 is fly by wire and advanced while the C5 is not nearly as advanced.

Users who are viewing this thread