Coolest sticker from the GT350 unwrap, and first impressions

jtfx6552

Established Member
I hope it's not a repost
8ab20397-b4c2-4d09-8b80-15bfa48ed998_zpsktdgj6yr.jpg

Picked up a 17 today, drove it 240 miles home.
Extremely short review..
Ride is tight, but ok.

Stereo sucks ass. I know, GT350 Track car, etc. Still a car in this price range should have a decent sounding stereo, IMHO.

Car gets 17+ MPG traveling at a high rate of speed, too many PA turnpike drivers don't realize the speed limit is 70 and go 65 in the left lane, really knocked down my average speed.

D20DC0C9-3840-4ADB-A300-CCA05FD6992E_zpsxm6ux358.jpg

E86D3F3A-A3C6-47E3-B2A5-02C06E7C160D_zpse3ddf7jz.jpg

Where's the best place to ask Sync 3 questions? question 1) How do you change the volume of text messages being read by sync? Was about 1/10 the volume of what I had the stereo set to?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Click the SYNC button on your steerimg wheel, when the voice starts talking use the radio volume knob to adjust it to your liking.

Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jtfx6552

Established Member
Click the SYNC button on your steerimg wheel, when the voice starts talking use the radio volume knob to adjust it to your liking.

Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks! Not near as good a deal as the yellow one

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Rudy Red is a favorite color for you. Watkins Glen is going to be fun. That is a track that pretty much any road racer would love to run. Lime Rock here in CT is a great track, but WG is much better.

That's a neat sticker to hang onto in your records box. :)

jtfx6552

Established Member
Congratulations! Rudy Red is a favorite color for you. Watkins Glen is going to be fun. That is a track that pretty much any road racer would love to run. Lime Rock here in CT is a great track, but WG is much better.

That's a neat sticker to hang onto in your records box. :)
Long story, but I wanted a used one as I don't think I'll have this car too long, probably until the next GT500, so I wanted a used one so some of the depreciation was already taken. Finally found a track pack used 16. There are hardly any for sale. I had a deposit and a plane ticket to get a magnetic with black stripes. I did want a different color this time.

Then I started thinking about the ride home, it was further than the car I ended up up. Figured I'd just listen to Howard and Sirius. Then it hit me no tech pack, no stand alone satellite either. No sync 3 to easily play the Sirius app, plus I drive through bum F^*% a lot with crappy data.

Then I started looking for alternate cars. I only had 24 hours to change my plane ticket or I'd get hit with a $200 charge.

As rare as 16s with the track pack, are 17s with Recaros. Only found one anywhere close, and it was Ruby.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Skipped a step, and can't edit mobile...

Before I changed cars I talked to Tob about his install. Great guy, very helpful, but I decided I didn't quite have the guts to rip the dash part on my "new to me" car, plus the cost ate up most of the savings for the 16 over the 17.

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
You forgot to give the first impressions.
I did, they were so short you may have missed them, lol. "Ride is tight, but ok.

Stereo sucks ass. I know, GT350 Track car, etc. Still a car in this price range should have a decent sounding stereo, IMHO."

Users who are viewing this thread