Coolest sticker from the GT350 unwrap, and first impressions

TaraFirma

Established Member
This is by far the best mustang I've ever driven.
The power is great and constant. Steering is crisp and very responsive. And the exhaust note is FAN ****ING TASTIC!
I sold my GT500 in early 2015 with the intent on buying this. Between the two, my fun car was a 91 Skyline GTR, one of the best handling cars I've ever driven.

This is better....

jtfx6552

Established Member
I took a cursory look through the forum, and only saw one mention of "carplay". Do the 17 tech car's have it? I've seen no evidence of it, but I seem rather out of the loop with what the "tech" pack really brings to the table.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I believe Car Play is supposedly supported by Sync 3. I know my R supports Android Auto. I played around with it a couple times. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Anyway, when I hooked up my old(er) BlackBerry to charge it, the infotainment system said Android Auto doesn't support that device and asked if I wanted to switch to Car Play. (My older BlackBerry has an Android runtime that runs Android 4.4 (Kitkat?))

oldbmwfan

Established Member
CarPlay works in my car only if the phone is plugged in to the USB port (i.e., not via Bluetooth). It is reasonably useful, but only supports Apple Maps (I prefer Google Maps). The best part is Pandora and Spotify apps and the hands-free reading of text messages.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was told the new Sync 3 supports Apple Car Play (but I have no reason to try it.)

Apple Car Play requires your phone to be physically plugged into the vehicle to function properly, if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread