Coolant Crossover Tube Plug Alternatives

evers86

Established Member
A stock plug at my local ford wants 33 bucks so I would def pay the extra few bucks and not have to worry about it stripping out.

98mark8lsc

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm still trying to get these produced again. I've got a friend with access to some CNC machines, but he lives in Guam.

I hope to have these available again by the end of the year at the latest.

BTW, for those that don't know, I'm Jay. :D

99VERT

Established Member
I recently broke a Snap on 1/4 inch drive extension off inside so I removed broken pieces and then drilled and tapped the center of the plug out and install a 6mm hardened hex headed Allen bolt from home depot and then had it tack welded afterwards. Problem fixed.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Any suggesions on how to get the broken extension out of the plug? I just broke mine off :( I thought about an easy out, but aren't those made for screws that break off since you have to twist it to get the broken piece out? Or drill that in and then you brute force to pull it out straight up?

SlowSVT

Established Member
Any suggesions on how to get the broken extension out of the plug? I just broke mine off :( I thought about an easy out, but aren't those made for screws that break off since you have to twist it to get the broken piece out? Or drill that in and then you brute force to pull it out straight up?

Take it to a TIG welder and have him tack a 1/4" bolt on the broken extension. A slide hammer will make short work of it.

.........or buy a new one.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Take it to a TIG welder and have him tack a 1/4" bolt on the broken extension. A slide hammer will make short work of it.

.........or buy a new one.

Thanks...when it first happened, I thought it was stuck in there so I didn't even try to use a magnet...I went to try and use an easy out and noticed it was moving around so tried a magnet and it popped right out. I think I'm going to try to add some heat this time with a propane torch before I try again.

Users who are viewing this thread