Continuing Heart Issues

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
On the 20th of this month (Feb) I will be having a Defibulator devise put into my chest to keep my heart from stopping. Wow I will be a Cyborg, LOL. I'll admit to being a bit apprehensive.

The Snake

billsigf1_zps0d79b1a4.jpg

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I would say that sucks but at least you are able to have it done. Getting old does suck. You can acquire wealth, love, and knowledge but not time. And the bitch is mentally I still feel 25. Good luck.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck! It should go well, they do these procedures a lot, and the modern defib devices are unbelievable bits of electronics, very reliable. It's not a trivial procedure, but it is one the docs and nurses and techs all know how to do very well. We'll be praying for you that it all goes well.

On the 20th of this month (Feb) I will be having a Defibulator devise put into my chest to keep my heart from stopping. Wow I will be a Cyborg, LOL. I'll admit to being a bit apprehensive.

The Snake

billsigf1_zps0d79b1a4.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm praying that the procedure goes well for you. More important, my prayer is that you have many years yet to live. Stay strong and hopeful. The medical industry is amazing.

oldmodman

Established Member
You will feel a lot better, even right after you wake up.

And the device is incredibly reliable these days.

Don't worry. Unless you have Obamacare.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The procedure is very common and although it does have risks, it is usually nothing to worry about. I have never seen anything bad happen during one. They will probably keep you overnight to monitor you and make sure the device is functioning properly. You will still live a normal life. Just do not try to set a microwave on your chest and make popcorn.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck! I would request that they make an apparatus to mimic Tony Starks arc reactor:coolman:

slink

Established Member
I am on my 4th defib. Got my first one when I was 34. I am now 53. Never had any problems with any of them. The amazing thing is how much smaller the one I have now compared to my first one. The first one weighed 1/2 lb and only last 4 yrs. My current one was put in 5 yrs ago and I just had it checked and it still displays 6 more years of battery life.

Good luck !!

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
A friend of mine has one and he does just fine. He had his five year upgrade 10/13.
Every now and again it gives him a little jolt to keep things ticking [ pun intended ]

Users who are viewing this thread