Congrats Jimmie Johnson, 4 in a row!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i give jimmy all the credit in the world, he is a great racer, but honestly the "chase" has ruined nascar IMO...now with the chase you can be in 12th place in the standings 1400 points back and once the chase starts your not far off from the lead. If it wasn't for the chase, jimmy wouldn't have 2 championships, this year martin would have ran away with it IMO.

realistically the Chase was invented so someone COULD NOT run away with the championship halfway through the season. Now at least they have to wait until there are 3-4 races to go to run away with it and call it done.

it really doesnt matter anyways, if your driver didnt make the chase, theres no way in hell they would have had a snowballs chance in hell to win the championship anyways. At least if your driver IS 1400 points back and happens to be the 12th spot in the chase, he has a chance.

They could delete the chase and the whineys will bitch about how XXX driver has a 1500 point lead by half season and doesnt have to get any higher than 35th for the rest of the races, and how they stop watching halfway through since theres no point at that point, and then Nascar loses even more ratings then when people stop watching halfway through the Chase.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
i beg to differ.

i would strive to excel at those 10 tracks over any others. I would also probably win championships and people would call me a bitch and blame the decline of Nascar on me too, just because I realized what tracks matter and what tracks dont.

You can put more emphasis on certain tracks, but you still can't choose which ones will be your best. It depends on what fits the driver..

flat tracks, 1.5 ovals, D shaped..whatnot..

I used to spend several nights a week sim racing with junior, denny hamlin, keselowski brothers, truex jr, along with some other random NASCAR drivers..and this has been the impression I received from them and I have come to conclude myself.

and if you are referring to me 'bitching' and 'blaming'... I am not. Jimmie Johnson is an extremely talented racer, and he does so without being a deuche and having a bad rep on the track, for that I applaud him. My dislike for the direction that NASCAR is not at all influenced by the success of Jimmie Johnson.

03GTGreen

Established Member
I won't be close minded..

I DO realize that he is one of the greatest drivers in NASCAR, and right now he is on a roll that no one can stop. I'm just tired of hearing him win all the time, lol.

If you look at the schedule for the chase, those are his best tracks that no one is better at than him...so until they change the schedule or JJ has some bad luck..he'll keep doing what he is doing.

I've never seen the chase as a good way to represent a season's champion...

2007 for instance, Jeff Gordon put down an AMAZING season of 30 top 10 finishes and even during the chase I believe he averaged like 5th? The driver that put on the best performance of the season didn't win the championship..

I'm just not happy with a lot of changes NASCAR have done over the years and I have slowly been drifting away from it...don't even get me started with the COTs...

Same here

Its not hard to win when you have the best equipment and best orginazation behind you. Shit is getting old though, its someone elses time

Besides its bought now, look at all the random yellows that were thrown this year for so called "Debree" they threw one on Sunday night for nothing, never heard what it was for?

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
I won't be close minded..

I DO realize that he is one of the greatest drivers in NASCAR, and right now he is on a roll that no one can stop. I'm just tired of hearing him win all the time, lol.

If you look at the schedule for the chase, those are his best tracks that no one is better at than him...so until they change the schedule or JJ has some bad luck..he'll keep doing what he is doing.

I've never seen the chase as a good way to represent a season's champion...

2007 for instance, Jeff Gordon put down an AMAZING season of 30 top 10 finishes and even during the chase I believe he averaged like 5th? The driver that put on the best performance of the season didn't win the championship..

I'm just not happy with a lot of changes NASCAR have done over the years and I have slowly been drifting away from it...don't even get me started with the COTs...

This, i stoped watching NASCAR years ago for these reasons. It is just not fun to watch anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread