Congrats Jimmie Johnson, 4 in a row!

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Only driver to ever do it. Good shit, hope to see him go for 5 next year.

Literally the only reason I watch nascar anymore, to see this guy go.

randoo

Established Member
I bet he catches shit from Nascar for lighting the tires up next to all those people on the wat to victory circle. I thought it was cool but dont think Nascar will.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I still do, I went to the Coke Zero 400 this year (Daytona Beach, also the site of the Daytona 500 for some of you folks).

Montoya did good in first year with Chevy, hopefull he will win races and contend for the title

Hendrick's team is a force cant deny that

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'm sick of Jimmie Johnson...ughhh...

I'm a Denny Hamlin fan myself, so I'm glad to see him win! I did a lot of sim racing with him [as well as junior, truex jr, and the keselowski brothers] and I have been a fan of his since.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
How can you be sick of him? He is the most humble guy, and they are the best team/driver combo to ever race in the sport.

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
what a waste of the Nascar season

Why's that? I don't understand how everyone can be so bitter because of someone that made history. Jimmie Johnson is undoubtedly one of the best drivers to ever race in Nascar. Jimmie is such a down to earth guy, does so much for charity, you never EVER hear the guy complain or whine and cry when things don't go his way like a few other drivers do. He is such a stand up guy in more ways than one!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I won't be close minded..

I DO realize that he is one of the greatest drivers in NASCAR, and right now he is on a roll that no one can stop. I'm just tired of hearing him win all the time, lol.

If you look at the schedule for the chase, those are his best tracks that no one is better at than him...so until they change the schedule or JJ has some bad luck..he'll keep doing what he is doing.

I've never seen the chase as a good way to represent a season's champion...

2007 for instance, Jeff Gordon put down an AMAZING season of 30 top 10 finishes and even during the chase I believe he averaged like 5th? The driver that put on the best performance of the season didn't win the championship..

I'm just not happy with a lot of changes NASCAR have done over the years and I have slowly been drifting away from it...don't even get me started with the COTs...

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I hate the chase, Johnson would have not won two out of his last three if not for the chase, I dont know about this years

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Just look at Kyle Busch last year, he won 8 races and was 1st in the chase, then he and the team fell apart

Nascar is about consistency and wins, and JJ is doing great at that

Hes won a good chunk of the chase races aswell and has a top 10 finish in the chase, thats amazing

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Dont get me wrong Stig, I like any forms of racing too. I went to the Rolex 24 HR race too, had a good time. But a Nascar race, depending what track you go to (Talladega, Pocono, the Cali and Texas track would be boring IMO) is just an exciting time.

STREETSIDE

Established Member
I respect what JJ has done but I have to wonder sometimes WTF is up with Hendrick Motorsports? Are they really THIS much better than the other teams? If I was Jack Roush I would be ashamed at the way my teams performed this year. Even Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman did better than all the Roush guys. I'm a huge Roush/Ford Racing fan and this year sucked. Ford always seems to be one step behind when it comes to things like releasing new engines or having the best aero package. I've been a Ford Racing fan for over 15 years and it's getting old. First Earnhardt, then Gordon, now this. Nascar why don't you let someone besides Chevrolet dominant a little? They ARE NOT this much better of a company as evidence by the their recent troubles!

Users who are viewing this thread