Complete car detail....50 hours and counting...Check it out!

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
I think he's keeping the car in hiding right now, it will make its grand appearance at the Fabulous Fords Forever show this weekend.. and will make all the other cars weep with envy.

I hope my car gets parked reeeeaaaaaallllly far from his, otherwise nobody will even look at mine!

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
satin black...
DSCF3667.jpg

CobraMac

Established Member
Thanks everyone!! Sorry for the lack of posting pics I've been SO busy! Here's the finished product guys...I posted the pics in the pics and video section but I'll put them here as well :)

The exhaust doesn't look that shiny because the sun was crappp when I took these two
DSCN0261.jpg

DSCN0262.jpg

Nice and shiny :)
DSCN0264.jpg

I haven't driven it yet so the springs have not settled, so the drop will be lower....it's going to have a SICK stance though!!
DSCN0266.jpg

And lastly how nice the paint turned out....JB Weld was the closest thing I had around....check out alll the reflections around it though! (Those tiny specks on the right are dust)
DSCN0268.jpg

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Fantastic job. Great to see a terminator owning taking pride in their ride!

Can you outline which pads you used for each compound and speeds? I'm assuming you used a PC?

Thanks!

FYI... I just did a clay, polish, and wax using McGuire's products about 3 weeks ago. Turned out good. But, I think if I take a bit more time and use some non-over-the-counter products, I'll get much better results.

CobraMac

Established Member
Fantastic job. Great to see a terminator owning taking pride in their ride!

Can you outline which pads you used for each compound and speeds? I'm assuming you used a PC?

Thanks!

FYI... I just did a clay, polish, and wax using McGuire's products about 3 weeks ago. Turned out good. But, I think if I take a bit more time and use some non-over-the-counter products, I'll get much better results.

Thank you very much! And I definitely can...I used the optimum compound II with the orange cutting pad, followed that up with the optimum polish with the white light cutting/poilishing pad, then used the poorboys black hole glaze with the black finishing pad and lastly used the Adam's super machine wax with a black Adam's finishing pad! It is veryyyy time consuming with a PC and you have to take your time if you wanna get alll the swirls out...no half-assing haha. So there ya go!!

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Thank you very much! And I definitely can...I used the optimum compound II with the orange cutting pad, followed that up with the optimum polish with the white light cutting/poilishing pad, then used the poorboys black hole glaze with the black finishing pad and lastly used the Adam's super machine wax with a black Adam's finishing pad! It is veryyyy time consuming with a PC and you have to take your time if you wanna get alll the swirls out...no half-assing haha. So there ya go!!

Perfect! Thanks. I took about 12 hours over 2 days doing a wash, clay, polish, and wax. I'm going to set aside a nice 3-4 day weekend to detail the snot out of my car.

CobraMac

Established Member
Perfect! Thanks. I took about 12 hours over 2 days doing a wash, clay, polish, and wax. I'm going to set aside a nice 3-4 day weekend to detail the snot out of my car.

Yahhh good call man! It took me about 22-28 hours total for everything waxing wise and such. Take some time for sureee

Users who are viewing this thread