Complete car detail....50 hours and counting...Check it out!

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
I'm in the Mission Viejo area which is about 30 mins from Laguna Beach. That sounds like a badass beach house there. Those places def. aren't cheap! Have a couple friends with places there and Newport and they're alll amazing...you're lucky you get to do that! Yahhh def man...PM me when you're heading out here!

cool...im in mission valley in SD....they are currently building a 8,000sqft house in the hills where Mark McGuire live and other stars....they love having me around...sittin out in the spa, smokin a cigar, drinkin a beer over looking the beach...real great family and great friends....ill hit you up in a few weeks...stay tuned for my deatil thread before i head up..

you can check out the Fobra up close :rockon:

CobraMac

Established Member
cool...im in mission valley in SD....they are currently building a 8,000sqft house in the hills where Mark McGuire live and other stars....they love having me around...sittin out in the spa, smokin a cigar, drinkin a beer over looking the beach...real great family and great friends....ill hit you up in a few weeks...stay tuned for my deatil thread before i head up..

you can check out the Fobra up close :rockon:

That's badass man...sounds like a great time! And I will definitely keep an eye out for the thread!

And sounds good to me :beer:

The car looks amazing, wish I had the skills.

Haha just like rcn4god says...just takes practice and time...I started off know NOTHING about detailing, and learned everything from here and youtube videos of professionals....then changed it into my own way to make it even better for my own car. :rockon:

Spade

Established Member
Did you only use 150, 440 grit paper, and polish for the exhaust? I looking to do mine here soon. BTW the car looks sweet.

CobraMac

Established Member
Did you only use 150, 440 grit paper, and polish for the exhaust? I looking to do mine here soon. BTW the car looks sweet.

noooo...I went 150, 250, 300, 440, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000. Then after that I used polish....It's a veryyy long process and a lottt of work. But worth it!

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
me and a friend just spent all last night sanding/wiping/spraying all 4 fenders and the gas tank on his '87 saleen. pretty sure he got the idea from you. i'll post pics up later. it turned out great. think we spent about 6 hours total doing it. and i polished the tips pretty darn good using just 150 and 600 grit. we sprayed the fender wells with duplicolor truck spray liner and did the same on the tank. the tank had a real bad overspray from a previous paintjob. we also painted the front strut tower brace black from the previous ugly yellow

keep up the good work and thanks for the ideas :beer:

Last edited:

EVO-lution

Established Member
OMG CobraMac your car looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. This almost makes me want to do the same to my car....ALMOST. lmfao.

I hate cleaning and detailing though but your car came out absolutely gorgeous. good work man :thumbsup:

CobraMac

Established Member
me and a friend just spent all last night sanding/wiping/spraying all 4 fenders and the gas tank on his '87 saleen. pretty sure he got the idea from you. i'll post pics up later. it turned out great. think we spent about 6 hours total doing it. and i polished the tips pretty darn good using just 150 and 600 grit. we sprayed the fender wells with duplicolor truck spray liner and did the same on the tank. the tank had a real bad overspray from a previous paintjob. we also painted the front strut tower brace black from the previous ugly yellow

keep up the good work and thanks for the ideas :beer:

posted pics of the work, titled saleen transformation

That's awesomeee man!! I'm stoked that I was able to help you guys out and give you ideas! I'm going to check your thread out right now!! And thanks for the compliments!!

OMG CobraMac your car looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. This almost makes me want to do the same to my car....ALMOST. lmfao.

I hate cleaning and detailing though but your car came out absolutely gorgeous. good work man :thumbsup:

Hahaha thank you very much man! Yahhh it was definitely a lottt of work...but I love it...soooo happy with the outcome! I can't wait to do the engine!:rockon:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
That's awesomeee man!! I'm stoked that I was able to help you guys out and give you ideas! I'm going to check your thread out right now!! And thanks for the compliments!!

glad you liked it haha

we just ordered a bunch of zaino products :) and have a lot of ardex stuff sitting around...lol

i predict a lot more stuff is going to happen to the saleen and other cars we have soon!!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread