comcast + verizon = scumbags

KurtDog

Established Member
How is reception with Virgin Mobile? I hear they use sprint towers.

It's ok. I'm not sure if it's my phone or the service but I get some people complaining about me breaking up every now and then. But it's not terrible.

I don't make a lot of calls, mostly text and data so its a much better plan for me.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
You really ARE a big Telecom shill. Unrepentant at that.

Are you saying oldmodman is making shit up?

No, I'm a realist. People have this idea of IT/Telecom being a cheap resource like sunlight and it simply isn't. I don't believe oldmodman is necessarily lying, but being misinformed. Also it's been talked about before, comparing Korea to here is dumb in the first place simply because of geographic size.

To the OP, lol people make mistakes. Maybe this person giving you quotes over the phone assumed you already had HD service. You know because everyone does, even those on foodstamps:dw:

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Are you saying oldmodman is making shit up?

Because he isn't. There are many places, including the Middle East that have access to the Internet almost exclusively through broadband and satellite connections. The amount we pay per month for cellular data plans and cable Internet plans is more than what most of those people make per month. Yes, companies here have to deal with more traffic compared to Egypt but the network in Egypt is also much smaller in comparison so I would argue they are similar if scaled.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Because he isn't. There are many places, including the Middle East that have access to the Internet almost exclusively through broadband and satellite connections. The amount we pay per month for cellular data plans and cable Internet plans is more than what most of those people make per month. Yes, companies here have to deal with more traffic compared to Egypt but the network in Egypt is also much smaller in comparison so I would argue they are similar if scaled.

You answered part of the question here. They don't make as much money as we do.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Verizon, unlimited data here. Looks like my pay period just reset. I'm at half a GB in less than 48 hours. :lol:

Verizon sucks top notch ****. I will never use them again and I was an on time paying customer at one point. Made the mistake of taking my Ipad with me on a cruise. received a $1,000.00 bill 30 days later. I contested and begged them for leniency they were merciless. I paid the bill and dropped them totally, will never use them or recommend them to anyone.

How is it their problem that you ****ed up? :dw:

KurtDog

Established Member
nBXIyrk.jpg

I'm guessing you're on fark.com?

Last edited:

jmsa540

Established Member
Dude, Charter to me, is the best. I had them for four years. Wish I couldn't leave them. I'm going with oceanic twc now.. Hopefully they'll treat me good.

Digital

Established Member
I agree on the merits of your post but I highly doubt the conversation went exactly how you said. Also your bill must be pretty small if you notice that kind of increase. My cell is like 225 a month from att and my uverse is like 245.

Jebadias

Established Member
They are scumbags just like you are uninformed customers. This isn't taco ****ing bell. I bet you get angry when you trade in an upside down vehicle and don't understand why you're paying as much as you do.

Waiting for carrrrnut to accuse me of being a shill...

Yeah, I really don't understand this reply

I switched to virgin mobile. I pay 35 a month for 350 minutes and unlimited everything else. Not going back to verizon anytime soon. It 55 a month for unlimited everything if you need more minutes. That includes taxes.
MyI wife has been looking into them for our next company but I am not sure yet.

Ever been to another country and found out how LITTLE they pay for cell service, and internet service, and how fast and cheap the internet service is?

I was talking to a Korean client before Christmas and she was paying $13.00 per month for 80 mb download and 35 up. And no limits or slowdowns. She watched everything on her connection and doesn't have cable at all.

And her cell was some Nokia you can't even get here. $22.00 a month unlimited everything. :cuss:

Yes I have seen this. Of course there is the lower operating costs associated with operating in their economy to consider that will allow them to drive down the price somewhat.

Although I do believe the prices charged by the telecommunications industry is too high, the fact is that it is so ingrained into our way of life that we as a society are going to pay it. The pharmacutical industry is the same way. They charge more money here than other places because we can pay it. I do not have a problem with the prices as much as the way customers are treated, after all you agreed to the price when you signed the contract. Adding random charges, changing peoples plans, increasing plan prices during a contract... these are the things I have a problem with.

allister

Established Member
There are no words to describe my hatred for Comcast. My blood boils at the thought of thinking about them. They are the worst company in the world and Verizon is not far from behind. I could write a book about all the things both companies have unfairly done to me in the past, but I want to have a good day, so please just take my word that I hate them more than anything.

That said, I am beyond blessed that we bought a house in a gated community that doesn't use Comcast. They use a company called Zito Media. I didn't know this until after we bought the house, and once I knew I thought we had won the lottery.

As for Verizon, the only thing keeping us with them at the moment is the unlimited data, and I hate to say it but their reliable service. I started a thread on here not long ago about going with Straight talk and paying $45 a month, but I have yet to pull the trigger on that as I need the most reliable service out there for taking credit card transactions. Not having good service could cost me more money, so IDK. I guess if I didn't own a business, I'd cancel them in a heart beat and never look back.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Our town has its own utility company - albeit separate from the government itself. They provide electricity, gas, internet, cable and water/sewer. Gas is really cheap as is the electricity. Cable and internet are reasonable - but service is top notch. In the one or two times over 30 years or so I needed service, never waited more than 30 minutes. Need a new cable hook-up n your house? $25 regardless of where it needs to go, how long it takes, etc. All I hear are horror stories about Comcast.

Users who are viewing this thread