comcast + verizon = scumbags

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I'll try to keep this short but heres why I think verizon and comcast are run by dirty scumbags.

Comcast... I have one room mate and he pays for the comcast cable and internet. I didnt have a cable box in my bedroom but he randomly asked me one day if I wanted a box in my room which he would pay for since its only $10/month. So I call comcast and tell them we'd like to add an HD box (my room mate had put me on the account so I can call). They tell me its $10 extra for the box and I say ok great and then I go pick it up. Then we get the bill and its over $20 more than previous bills. Turns out the dipshit comcast employee on the phone neglected to mention that my room mate didnt have HD (I didnt realize that) so its an extra $10 to upgrade. And with tax and other fees its closer to $25 extra. Why couldnt these cocksuckers tell me this when I added the box? Ill tell you why, because they are shameless lying scumbags. They tell you what they need to tell you to get you to say "yes", and then when you get the bill you find out what you actually agreed to.

Now verizon... this ones more straight forward. I got my bill a couple months ago and it was $30 more than I expected, and it says I went over my data (which I didnt). I go down to the store and they tell me I went over my data 2 times in recent months and didnt pay the overage fee, so now I have to pay up. So I say "Ok, im going to need you to show me exactly what months you are referring to and exactly how much data I used, and also explain why Im being charged NOW and not when I actually went over my data." She looks at her computer screen for 5 minutes, proceeds to tell me she cant find anything, and agrees to take the $30 off my bill.

Moral of the story... verizon and comcast are run by dirtbag thieves, that will do anything to steal money from you and hope that you dont notice or dont have the balls to question them.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
You can add ATT to that list. They use the fact that your under contract as leverage against you in any disputes. I paid out and went with T-mobile, no contract - I can walk anytime I want.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
All major carriers are scumbags

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I'll try to keep this short but heres why I think verizon and comcast are run by dirty scumbags.

Comcast... I have one room mate and he pays for the comcast cable and internet. I didnt have a cable box in my bedroom but he randomly asked me one day if I wanted a box in my room which he would pay for since its only $10/month. So I call comcast and tell them we'd like to add an HD box (my room mate had put me on the account so I can call). They tell me its $10 extra for the box and I say ok great and then I go pick it up. Then we get the bill and its over $20 more than previous bills. Turns out the dipshit comcast employee on the phone neglected to mention that my room mate didnt have HD (I didnt realize that) so its an extra $10 to upgrade. And with tax and other fees its closer to $25 extra. Why couldnt these cocksuckers tell me this when I added the box? Ill tell you why, because they are shameless lying scumbags. They tell you what they need to tell you to get you to say "yes", and then when you get the bill you find out what you actually agreed to.

Now verizon... this ones more straight forward. I got my bill a couple months ago and it was $30 more than I expected, and it says I went over my data (which I didnt). I go down to the store and they tell me I went over my data 2 times in recent months and didnt pay the overage fee, so now I have to pay up. So I say "Ok, im going to need you to show me exactly what months you are referring to and exactly how much data I used, and also explain why Im being charged NOW and not when I actually went over my data." She looks at her computer screen for 5 minutes, proceeds to tell me she cant find anything, and agrees to take the $30 off my bill.

Moral of the story... verizon and comcast are run by dirtbag thieves, that will do anything to steal money from you and hope that you dont notice or dont have the balls to question them.

Agreed, I have had even worse with VZW,I have unlimited plan and my bill is diffrent every month and they tryed to charge me bogus charges, I was like umm I dont think you guys understand what unlimited means, same price everymonth with no limits = unlimited lol not oh hey this month your bills is $58.65, then $70.38, then $68.50 I had to call like 5 months straight every bill was wrong, and then they said same thing oh im so sorry sir, Again I agree they will charge you because some people will just pay whatever the bill says and wont ? it,

Which they actually had a class action law suit over this last year I got a letter in the mail that verzion wireless was proved to do this and charge bogus charges on your bill 1 charge is small hopeing people dont notice like a " 511"charge of $1.25 etc. and they charge a " 911 charge, which is supp to be by law free that even if your plan has no minutes you can atleast still call 911 for emergencys, and they charge " camera " usage charges , random fees of .50 cents to $1-$5 with numbers that are bogus and dont make any sense. and if you would call tons of people like myself call and ? it and they magically take the charges off no ?'s asked. so they knew they were doing it hopeing to test and see if people didnt notice. Bunch of SCUM BAGS!!Glad they got caught and sued, but I guess they didnt learn a lesson.

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
nBXIyrk.jpg

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Agreed, I have had even worse with VZW,I have unlimited plan and my bill is diffrent every month and they tryed to charge me bogus charges, I was like umm I dont think you guys understand what unlimited means, same price everymonth with no limits = unlimited lol not oh hey this month your bills is $58.65, then $70.38, then $68.50 I had to call like 5 months straight every bill was wrong, and then they said same thing oh im so sorry sir, Again I agree they will charge you because some people will just pay whatever the bill says and wont ? it,

Which they actually had a class action law suit over this last year I got a letter in the mail that verzion wireless was proved to do this and charge bogus charges on your bill 1 charge is small hopeing people dont notice like a " 511"charge of $1.25 etc. and they charge a " 911 charge, which is supp to be by law free that even if your plan has no minutes you can atleast still call 911 for emergencys, and they charge " camera " usage charges , random fees of .50 cents to $1-$5 with numbers that are bogus and dont make any sense. and if you would call tons of people like myself call and ? it and they magically take the charges off no ?'s asked. so they knew they were doing it hopeing to test and see if people didnt notice. Bunch of SCUM BAGS!!Glad they got caught and sued, but I guess they didnt learn a lesson.

i hope theres more class action law suits against them. all those little bogus charges probably add up up to millions and millions of dollars stolen from customers. its outright theft. if thats not worthy of lawsuits (and hopefully jail time) then i dont know what is.

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I don't understand the issue with Comcast. You requested an HD box, so they gave you one with HD service. Not uncommon for people to get new TV's and want HD service, so they upgrade. Should have requested a regular box.

They will give you what you request. If you (you as in customers, not specifically OP) had HD service, but REQUESTED a regular cheaper box thinking they knew you wanted and HD box. You would call bitching how they didn't inform you, you needed an HD box for HD service.

Yes they can give you the whole run down on boxes (which people get pissy thinking they are being treated like idiots for not knowing what they want), but it is up to the customer to ask or know what they want.

I've never worked for any of these companies, but I make it a point to be informed or ask about products before buying. I did however just switch to Comcast for TV and have had a few issues. Short wait times and more than helpful English speaking reps have been easy to work with. Going to miss NFL package, but that's all so far.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I don't understand the issue with Comcast. You requested an HD box, so they gave you one with HD service. Not uncommon for people to get new TV's and want HD service, so they upgrade. Should have requested a regular box.

They will give you what you request. If you (you as in customers, not specifically OP) had HD service, but REQUESTED a regular cheaper box thinking they knew you wanted and HD box. You would call bitching how they didn't inform you, you needed an HD box for HD service.

Yes they can give you the whole run down on boxes (which people get pissy thinking they are being treated like idiots for not knowing what they want), but it is up to the customer to ask or know what they want.

I've never worked for any of these companies, but I make it a point to be informed or ask about products before buying. I did however just switch to Comcast for TV and have had a few issues. Short wait times and more than helpful English speaking reps have been easy to work with. Going to miss NFL package, but that's all so far.

the problem is that they told me it would cost $10 and its actually closer to $25. I honestly thought my room mate had HD. Obviously my mistake for not knowing what we had but how is he gonna tell me its $10 when its $25? Im the customer, if anything i should be expected to be clueless. What if I was an 80 year old woman? Its that guys damn job to tell me that my bill is going to go up over $20, hes not getting paid to assume that I know as much about cable boxes and cable billing as he does.

Last edited:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Well, while I agree those companies are greedy, I'm pretty sure Comcast (and probably VZ) use 3rd party companies to handle their costumer service calls. I actually used to work for one of those companies (my worst job). Their standards are really low and I remember they really pushed us to get sales/upgrades. That said, to me it's no surprise they told you everything you wanted to hear to get you to accept.

Jebadias

Established Member

While I agree with what you said above I think you got off lucky. The last time I used either of these companies my bill grew over time to, in comcast's case, twice what it started at. No, I am not talking about special 6 month introductory rates either. My wife was charged an early termination fee by verizon for cancelling her contract when it was up.

You can add ATT to that list. They use the fact that your under contract as leverage against you in any disputes. I paid out and went with T-mobile, no contract - I can walk anytime I want.

Although I use AT&T right now it is only because it is them or comcast. I have been screwed over by AT&T more often in the past but not as bad. I have purchased cellphones in the past based on rebates and, after months of calling, mailing and emailing they just never paid the rebates. Yes, the rebates were through the carrier not the phone manufacturer. I have upped my plan itself due to emergency needs and not had it take effect for months, and one time I had my contract on record magically change. I was told by a manager details about my plan which did not agree with the contract I was holding in my hand! Unfortunatly there are only so many choices available for me.

All major carriers are scumbags

100% agree. They mostly differ on how they will screw you.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Verizon sucks top notch ****. I will never use them again and I was an on time paying customer at one point. Made the mistake of taking my Ipad with me on a cruise. received a $1,000.00 bill 30 days later. I contested and begged them for leniency they were merciless. I paid the bill and dropped them totally, will never use them or recommend them to anyone.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
They are scumbags just like you are uninformed customers. This isn't taco ****ing bell. I bet you get angry when you trade in an upside down vehicle and don't understand why you're paying as much as you do.

Waiting for carrrrnut to accuse me of being a shill...

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
They are scumbags just like you are uninformed customers. This isn't taco ****ing bell. I bet you get angry when you trade in an upside down vehicle and don't understand why you're paying as much as you do.

Waiting for carrrrnut to accuse me of being a shill...

so they were doing right by telling me that a $25 addition to my service would cost $10? i dont follow.

Thehubster

Established Member
Comcast sucks!!! Especially when you move to a state that tries to cut down on monopolies and just instates them. Comcast and century link are the only two providers for my address and it sucks so much. when we first got Comcast year ago it cost us 44.00$ which was a lot! by the end of that year we where paying 78.99 for just internet. I called to get a better rate and at first they said there was nothing they could do about it so I basically told them I was going with someone else so they finnaly got me on the phone with a very pushy lady that tried to get me to sign up for a 49.99 plan for internet and cable without letting me talk to my wife first. Unfortunaly the only other provider, century link, only provided 10mbs for internet and it was still 39.99. Its all a big scam but its a demand that people have and the they will charge as high a price as people are willing to pay. Good luck man.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I hate Comcast, they're slowing buying up everything they can and it will only get worse. If you stay on their ass they will eventually make things right but who wants to have to sit on the phone with them for 2 hours every month.

KurtDog

Established Member
I switched to virgin mobile. I pay 35 a month for 350 minutes and unlimited everything else. Not going back to verizon anytime soon. It 55 a month for unlimited everything if you need more minutes. That includes taxes.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I switched to virgin mobile. I pay 35 a month for 350 minutes and unlimited everything else. Not going back to verizon anytime soon. It 55 a month for unlimited everything if you need more minutes. That includes taxes.

How is reception with Virgin Mobile? I hear they use sprint towers.

oldmodman

Established Member
Ever been to another country and found out how LITTLE they pay for cell service, and internet service, and how fast and cheap the internet service is?

I was talking to a Korean client before Christmas and she was paying $13.00 per month for 80 mb download and 35 up. And no limits or slowdowns. She watched everything on her connection and doesn't have cable at all.

And her cell was some Nokia you can't even get here. $22.00 a month unlimited everything. :cuss:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Ever been to another country and found out how LITTLE they pay for cell service, and internet service, and how fast and cheap the internet service is?

I was talking to a Korean client before Christmas and she was paying $13.00 per month for 80 mb download and 35 up. And no limits or slowdowns. She watched everything on her connection and doesn't have cable at all.

And her cell was some Nokia you can't even get here. $22.00 a month unlimited everything. :cuss:

Lolwut? No, no, just no.

Users who are viewing this thread