Combustion chamber cleaner question

TheDoughboy

Established Member
I got a can of JB chamber cleaner free that we had laying around the parts department for quite awhile. We had MOC but now have BG products. I can use the vacuum injection tool to apply it. What port on the intake on a 4V would distribute the liquid Evenly between Both banks? I was thinking about adding 5-6 oz's quickly until the motor floods and dies then let it sit 30 mins.

Then rack the car up on the lift (just a foot) and add the rest of the cleaner with the engine running and in Gear under a load. Once I hit 4k rpm's I'll let the cleaner flow in to clean the Open IMRC's. Once all done I'd take it on the road for a hard run.

Any ideas on this? Good/bad?

Thanks,

Ron

jbcleaner_zps6rlkpzos.jpg

Last edited:

TheDoughboy

Established Member
I ran some BG 44K in my tank through the injectors with great results. The JB is for the intake track and hopefully the IMRC's.

Last edited:

IA-SteveB

Established Member
I have used the seafoam method of cleaning IMRCs with good results. Just suck a can in through the PCV hose on the intake, shut the engine off and let it sit for 30 min. Start it up and rev it to 2800 for 30-40 seconds. It will create a heck of a smoke show so your neighbors may get mad. It is REALLY bad. Then, drive the car around making some WOT blasts to clear things up. It will still smoke bad for a few miles of driving but it will clear up and you will "feel" it breathing easier.

IA-SteveB

Established Member
Mine must have been exceptionally clean over the years because at 75k miles, I had to have new heads put on the car. I ran the seafoam through about 100 miles before my head problem surfaced because I didn't want to mess with disassembly at the time. My IMRCs were amazingly clean when they came out. I should have taken a picture. Granted, I didn't know what they looked like before, but ....

ZeroDCX

Established Member
If you've deleted the EGR and replaced the PCV with valve cover breathers or placed a catch can setup inline with the PCV valve then you will not have this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread