Combat ladies!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Promotion potential is a terrible argument for wanting to be in the infantry though. It will actually hurt them more than it helps. The cutting score for corporals and sergeants are very high in the infantry, more so than most non-infantry jobs they are currently in. If the standards were the same, most would see a drop in PFT scores which will also degrade their ability to get promoted. This will cause their Pros/Cons to suffer as well. Now when you get in my position as a SNCO, if you are deployed in combat this also hurts your promotion potential. While deployed you are not doing a B billet, you are not doing resident PME, you are not doing a lot of things the board is looking for that women are currently able to do. The truth is enlisted females are set up better for promotions right now than men are, especially infantrymen.

And that's why they will continue to have a separate set of standards. Most of the complaining about promotions and women is coming from the officer side of the house.

There may still be hope that women get restricted from some jobs, at least for a little while longer. I suspect all SOF is off the table. I see could 11 and 18 series still being restricted. I might need to reclass from 12B if they start filtering into Sapper companies.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Promotion potential is a terrible argument for wanting to be in the infantry though. It will actually hurt them more than it helps. The cutting score for corporals and sergeants are very high in the infantry, more so than most non-infantry jobs they are currently in. If the standards were the same, most would see a drop in PFT scores which will also degrade their ability to get promoted. This will cause their Pros/Cons to suffer as well. Now when you get in my position as a SNCO, if you are deployed in combat this also hurts your promotion potential. While deployed you are not doing a B billet, you are not doing resident PME, you are not doing a lot of things the board is looking for that women are currently able to do. The truth is enlisted females are set up better for promotions right now than men are, especially infantrymen.

I looked at the scores for Sgt today to see what combat MOSs were still open... hardly any! Even Recon and Marsoc are closed out.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
As for selective service, I'm torn on that because that would mean my prissy girly girl wife would be eligible for the draft.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not. I think EVERYONE should be eligible for the draft and I think that some type of military or gov't service be mandatory for 2-4 years.

KYSVT

Banned

I'm not. I think EVERYONE should be eligible for the draft and I think that some type of military or gov't service be mandatory for 2-4 years.

^^This.

When i was a R.I (Ranger instructor) You would be surprised how many units (mostly reserve and guard) would do everything possible to try and get females in the course. Looks like now is their chance. Glad im done. :rockon:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

It's just the idea that my wife could be drafted into the army and sent to the infantry. I'm sure there would be some kind of exclusion policy that prevents creating dual military couples with a draft. She would fine in the S-1 shop in the Air Force. Anything where she has to get dirty no way lol!

I like the idea of mandatory 2 years service but logistically it's very difficult and very expensive. We have funding issues right now. Although I think it is much more a budgeting issue then a funding issue but I could bitch about that for days.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I like the idea of mandatory 2 years service but logistically it's very difficult and very expensive. We have funding issues right now. Although I think it is much more a budgeting issue then a funding issue but I could bitch about that for days.

I am not for mandatory military service. I want those next to me or your son to be there because they want to be, not because they were conscripted or forced to be.

I would be open to a choice of where the "drafted" member worked in the US Gov't but not limited to Federal Service. In other words; TSA, Border Patrol, USAID, Military, Congressional aide, Fire Department, other LEO jobs, local gov't service, hospital care, ect...

It would be a nice way to go into the real job market with some sort of previous experience other than high school, tech school, or college grad. When you finished your 2 years you'd have a name for yourself depending on how you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I see your point and would tend to agree. My personal belif is however, that there are a LOT of kids who would find Military service exactly what they need. But a lot of them are afraid of it. I think every one owes some gov't service simply because that gov't provided the freedoms that they have. I am not sure that local gov't would fit the bill IMHO

I am not for mandatory military service. I want those next to me or your son to be there because they want to be, not because they were conscripted or forced to be.

I would be open to a choice of where the "drafted" member worked in the US Gov't but not limited to Federal Service. In other words; TSA, Border Patrol, USAID, Military, Congressional aide, Fire Department, other LEO jobs, local gov't service, hospital care, ect...

It would be a nice way to go into the real job market with some sort of previous experience other than high school, tech school, or college grad. When you finished your 2 years you'd have a name for yourself depending on how you do.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I see your point and would tend to agree. My personal belif is however, that there are a LOT of kids who would find Military service exactly what they need. But a lot of them are afraid of it. I think every one owes some gov't service simply because that gov't provided the freedoms that they have. I am not sure that local gov't would fit the bill IMHO

You can belif (LOL) all you want!

My concern is how many parents tell their kids to join the military to grow up and be a responsible adult. Well shit mom and dad, that was your duty!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You can belif (LOL) all you want!

My concern is how many parents tell their kids to join the military to grow up and be a responsible adult. Well shit mom and dad, that was your duty!

hey you make fun of my religious belif enough don't go makin fun of my political belifs as well :D

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
hey you make fun of my religious belif enough don't go makin fun of my political belifs as well :D

You are making me waste good German beer right now, LOL!

These 6 spinal injections are just not working. I have to come back in March to burn some nerves.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You are making me waste good German beer right now, LOL!

These 6 spinal injections are just not working. I have to come back in March to burn some nerves.
damn maybe you need a cuter nursie to take your mind off whatever it is she is injecting.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
When I was in they had hard time meeting numbers for units, so things like stop loss were used to bolster them. At the same time, the standards never changed, but they damn sure were ignored. We had some terrible people that couldn't PT, couldn't even get remotely close to weight standards, ect, that had their flags lifted once they hit the re-up window, and they gladly did it for them!

So they'll say the standards won't change, but the enforcement will.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
No way on mandatory service. The Korean conscripts here guard the base with weapons without ammo because they are not trusted. I think the dirt bag ratio would sky rocket.

Fuerza

Established Member
As for selective service, I'm torn on that because that would mean my prissy girly girl wife would be eligible for the draft.

That is what woman want equal opportunity right? :shrug:

Or is there a double standard with woman, I want what is convenient for me but not what could possibly harm me? :dw:

I mean woman what all this happy horse shit but don't want to do the bad shit that men are subjected to. This is my issue more than woman in combat. A few will try & some will make it, a lot will fail & even more will avoid it all together, none want to told they will do it. It's all BS, just my 2 cents.

This!

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
This was discussed ad nauseum with my guys while I was still in. We decided that the first hump that do after we get a female in our platoon, she'd be getting the .50 cal receiver right off the bat (60+ awkward lbs). We couldn't wait to see how far she's make it before falling out. My money was on less than 20 steps.

I don't care what any "expert" says. Outside of a VERY small percentage, women are not cut out for the infantry. I've had females attached to my platoon in a combat zone and I've seen first hand how they can bring productivity to a screeching halt and are nothing but an overall nuisance.

cobra_mer

Established Member
Political agenda. I would hope they maintain the standards already in place for males and require the females to rise to that first challenge. Unfortunately I doubt this will happen, since only a few females will be able to pass. The first one that fails at the male standards is going to cry to high heaven about EO violation.

I'm a big dude 6'4" 240lbs with combat load I'm over 300, some guys in group could carry me, all could at least drag me. Even if a female can pass a male pt test doesn't mean she is strong enough to lift/drag me let alone smaller soldiers under combat load.

I've always felt they should incorporate a ruck march into the pt test, 45lb load 15:00min miles and below for x amount of miles.

cobra_mer

Established Member
This was discussed ad nauseum with my guys while I was still in. We decided that the first hump that do after we get a female in our platoon, she'd be getting the .50 cal receiver right off the bat (60+ awkward lbs). We couldn't wait to see how far she's make it before falling out. My money was on less than 20 steps.

I don't care what any "expert" says. Outside of a VERY small percentage, women are not cut out for the infantry. I've had females attached to my platoon in a combat zone and I've seen first hand how they can bring productivity to a screeching halt and are nothing but an overall nuisance.

Yep I watched female dog handler attached to the ODA I was apart of tear it apart from a love triangle that insued between her the team sgt and several of the team members.

Users who are viewing this thread