Colt State Park 2nd Annual SVT & Specialty Mustang Cruise

SVT03DAL

Established Member
is this only for SVTs? i've got a 07 GT...can i tag along?

The cruise is open to all Ford powered vehicles (end then some)...just no RICE! ;)

I'm in for sure!

Also, I'll be more than willing to whip up a design for the T shirts again!

I have a few recommendations also: FOOD!!!! I had to leave early last year because my girlfriend and I were in dire need of food haha. I'll be sure to bring a cooler filled with waters this time too. Maybe a longer route? I feel like our trip to the park from the meeting spot was too short? More cruise videos, I think the camera car got caught up in traffic last year or something? I forget haha.

FOOD was a big suggestion from last year and I agree. Since I want to keep this as informal as possible, I would recommend that it be BYOF, this way it just makes it easier for everyone. T-shirts would be sweet too like last year, I think how it was done last year was perfect.

I'm out I wasn't impressed last yr....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey Nick, my Dad finally let me drive her last fall:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVP8d_lTTRo"]2006 Ferarri F430 - YouTube[/nomedia]

My Cobra pulls harder up to about 120-130 and then forget about it...

SVT03DAL

Established Member
Hey guys....I'll start an official comnfirmed attendee thread in the not so distant future. Still a little early to start one as of now. Also, I will be looking at alternative routes because i agree with Mooch that it could be a little longer of a cruise. I am contemplating keeping the meeting spot in North Attleboro then heading up to to catch 495 south to 24 south to 195 West bringing us to CSP in Bristol. It's right around 57 miles for the trip....whaddya all think?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
OMG, I literally wrote myself an email last night to send you a PM about posting up about this....too funny

I am glad everyone is on the same page.........

Looking forwar to this year and I am definitly in!!!

As for the food thing..im wondering if we should have people BYOF to the park or maybe we make a breakfast stop on the way down or something?

SVT03DAL

Established Member
OMG, I literally wrote myself an email last night to send you a PM about posting up about this....too funny

I am glad everyone is on the same page.........

Looking forwar to this year and I am definitly in!!!

As for the food thing..im wondering if we should have people BYOF to the park or maybe we make a breakfast stop on the way down or something?

Good one! Regarding the breakfast stop....that's a good idea the only issue i forsee is that if we're rolling 50 cars + deep, logistically it might be a nightmare. If we end up taking the new route, i believe there is a rest stop with a Burger King off of 24 which is a possible stop so keep that in mind. I would like to make at least one stop during our route to CSP but at the same token, want to make sure we get to CSP early enough to get the prime real estate like last year.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Hey Nick, my Dad finally let me drive her last fall:

2006 Ferarri F430 - YouTube

My Cobra pulls harder up to about 120-130 and then forget about it...

Thats awsome.. I agree the cobra pulls harder but the sound the exhaust makes when the baffles in the intake open up, the handling, brakes oh and the looks of the 430 is amazing !!!! BTW we went to vegas in novemeber and for my bday my wife surprised me w/ a 6hr ferrari 430 rental... Here's the video ...Enjoy :beer:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJb8u2zBV7I"]Ferrari F430 Rental - YouTube[/nomedia]

SVT03DAL

Established Member
Thats awsome.. I agree the cobra pulls harder but the sound the exhaust makes when the baffles in the intake open up, the handling, brakes oh and the looks of the 430 is amazing !!!! BTW we went to vegas in novemeber and for my bday my wife surprised me w/ a 6hr ferrari 430 rental... Here's the video ...Enjoy :beer:

Ferrari F430 Rental - YouTube

DUDE..that is AWESOME! What a great birthday gift. Sweet video too!

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
That's a good point about managing 50+ cars....as part of NHMC I know we have called ahead and been accomodated, but it has to be something that's set up ahead of time

I love the idea of setting up a grill..i have a small travel one I can bring but its not great for a large group of people.

The good news is we have time to plan this....so we can just think about it for a while

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
if there's a texas roadhouse nearby or in the vacinity, it should work out...i planned a cruise last year and had about 20ish or so people in attendance, let them know maybe a week in advance and they were fine with it...so i'm sure if there's 50 of us and we told them way ahead of time there shouldn't be a problem

just an idea

matt87

Established Member
just some FOOD for thought. if we do saturday there is a nice cruise night at cresent park in riverside( 10-15 min from csp) they have a killer clam shack on premise. if it becomes a sunday event there is a very nice cruise night at sam's club on rt.6 in seekonk(also 10-15 min from csp) lots of restrantes and fast food. just putting it out there.

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
just some FOOD for thought. if we do saturday there is a nice cruise night at cresent park in riverside( 10-15 min from csp) they have a killer clam shack on premise. if it becomes a sunday event there is a very nice cruise night at sam's club on rt.6 in seekonk(also 10-15 min from csp) lots of restrantes and fast food. just putting it out there.

I like this idea, would be cool to cruise to CSP then cruise over to a show. Only problem would be CSP...if we show up later in the day, might be tough to find parking for a group of 50+ cars

SVT03DAL

Established Member
I like this idea, would be cool to cruise to CSP then cruise over to a show. Only problem would be CSP...if we show up later in the day, might be tough to find parking for a group of 50+ cars

EXACTLY. I think I am going to set the initial meeting point pretty early to make sure we can arrive at CSP at a time that allows us to get prime real estate. Last year i think we arrived between 11 and noon and it was perfect but we also had overcast weather when we arrived which helped. Sun came out once we all parked ;)

Users who are viewing this thread