Color stuck on purchase of 3rd Cobra

Wayneo

Established Member
Does DSG look a lot better in person then in pictures? Have opportunity to buy a 1 owner dsg Cobra with 34,000 miles. I’ve had 2 sonic blue cobras and told myself I would get a different color this time but find myself wanting another sonic blue or maybe Oxford White . Still kicking myself for selling my first one I bought new. Anyway it’s a great deal I don’t know if I should pass on it. Any input would be appreciated

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Does DSG look a lot better in person then in pictures? Have opportunity to buy a 1 owner dsg Cobra with 34,000 miles. I’ve had 2 sonic blue cobras and told myself I would get a different color this time but find myself wanting another sonic blue or maybe Oxford White . Still kicking myself for selling my first one I bought new. Anyway it’s a great deal I don’t know if I should pass on it. Any input would be appreciated
I agree with the above advice. Get what your heart is set on. DSG is a beautiful color!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wayneo

Established Member
The car is a little less then 2 hours from me. I went once to look at it and thought I really liked the color. I shopped around alittle and started looking at pictures of Dsg cobras. Feel that they don’t do the color justice or I’m just remembering the car wrong

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
DSG is a really nice color in the sun light. It really “pops” in direct sun. At night time it’s not very photogenic because the car almost looks black and also it looks wet in pictures if you know I mean. At least with my pos phone camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
DSG is a great color, if that is what you really want. On the other hand, change, just for the sake of it, isn't always the best decision.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Having owned a DSG Cobra, I am biased to the color. It's always been my favorite. The metal flake in the paint really makes it pop! It's very different from a non-metal flake gray paint. The flake IMO is what makes it special. You definitely have many colors to choose from if you're patient.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
My friend has a DSG and its a great color.

Can be made to look really "sinister" I prefer more vibrant colors but DSG is for sure one of my favorites.

cj428mach

Established Member
DSG looks killer.

I love SB, SY, TR, and OW on these cars. I say get the color that makes you happy or you'll just end up regretting it.

FYI some/most of the OW cars have issues with yellowing. The side scoops, skirts, and bumpers can really yellow even if they aren't in the sun. My car only has 13,000 miles on it and lives in the garage, yet my scoops, skirts, and rear bumper all began to yellow. I'm all for originality but it got bad enough I had to paint them.

Last edited:

Wayneo

Established Member
DSG looks killer.

I love SB, SY, TR, and OW on these cars. I say get the color that makes you happy or you'll just end up regretting it.

FYI some/most of the OW cars have issues with yellowing. The side scoops, skirts, and bumpers can really yellow even if they aren't in the sun. My car only has 13,000 miles on it and lives in the garage, yet my scoops, skirts, and rear bumper all began to yellow. I'm all for originality but it got bad enough I had to paint them.
I’m really starting to lean towards the DSG. How do you like the white? Would you get dsg over the ow if you did it all over again? Thanks for all the reply’s everyone. I did find some pics and videos of dsg paint that really makes it pop

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
DSG looks killer.

My SY has that yellowing too.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Nothing beats SB and MC on these cars IMO. However, DSG is my favorite color on a Cobra. I looked for a DSG Cobra when I was in the market, but could not find one. So, I bought a silver coupe. Then I was lucky enough to find a silver Vert.

I have no regrets settling for silver. All colors look great on a Cobra. I love to look at SB and MC, but would not want to pay the premium to get those colors. A lot of folks think silver is boring on a Cobra, but I think it looks clean and classy. DSG looks menacing IMO and is no where near as hard to keep clean like Black.

I say you can't go wrong with DSG, especially if you're looking for a change from SB. Although OW looks great too. That's my problem, I want one of each color LMAO!!!!

Just remember, the crowd will always gravitate to SB and MC. So, get what will make you happy and enjoy it!

cj428mach

Established Member
I’m really starting to lean towards the DSG. How do you like the white? Would you get dsg over the ow if you did it all over again? Thanks for all the reply’s everyone. I did find some pics and videos of dsg paint that really makes it pop

I probably would choose a different color. Sucks I had to spend an extra grand repainting a low mileage car. I also had clear bra material all over the car to help protect the mint original paint. The bra begins to yellow and it sticks out bad on OW so I had to remove it.

I do love the clean look of OW.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
There is nothing better than a buffed out OW. When this guy drove up to the show with one, that was flawless and glowing, my jaw dropped. It looked like a big ass pearl.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
There is nothing better than a buffed out OW. When this guy drove up to the show with one, that was flawless and glowing, my jaw dropped. It looked like a big ass pearl.
Or a super clean recently polished out black on black. Lol they don't stay nice for to long...

To many choices OP.
I look at it like I'm going to repaint one day and not having a rare color I would have no issue changing up the color on my black 04

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ITSTOCK

Established Member
DSG is incredible in person! It's the best color, and I'll have another some day. The good thing about DSG is that they command a premium, so if you're getting a good deal, it's a quick resale if you decide to go another route.

Users who are viewing this thread