Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
Ohlins are the best coilovers money can buy. Problem is, you'll need a whole bunch of it to get them.

That may not be the case any more...KW stuff is starting to take over with a few of the ALMS Porsche teams.

If you have money:

Ohlins
Sachs
Motons
KW
and many others

You can buy them, but its the development time to make the damper fit your application that really pays off. The nice thing is that MM is already doing this for you with the Bilsteins. Other companies do it with the double adjustable Konis too.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
For $600 you can get Koni DAs made into COs (which is what I have now) but the MM kits are virtually the same except they're not welded on the body (they are what I had with my DAs) I personally don't see how buying an off-the-shelf part -vs- one tuned for a particular vehicle makes them better because of the brand name - but whatever. (and yes - my DAs were rebiult to my spec, including valving the rears to support the IRS, for which there is no off-the-shelf DA model)

Don

TacticalKaos

Established Member
n23441772_32854861_3424.jpg

Here's the Ohlins going on the STi. AWD + Ohlins on race setting and R compound tires make for fun mountain runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread