Votes: 22 9.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
So i'm thinking about doing a full coil-over conversion (front/rear). Which do you think is the best, and why?

For those with either of the kits listed above, please explain why you decided to go with that kit.

Thanks!
-Brian

500hp03Cobra

Established Member
I went with the MM because my shop tech told me they were superior to any other product on the market... all i can say is he was right. i love the coilover kit and wish it had been my first mod. ride is unbelieveable with the coilovers...

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
griggs squeak way too much. I like the MM, and i am eventually going to get them. If I were you I'd get the same setup 500hp03snake has, his car handles really well.

3Pete

Midnight Rambler
Established Member
Only did them in the front. Ride is day and night better. Handling is improved as well. Highly recommended.

Steel City

Banned
not sure what your looking to get out of your car but i have the dnd drag coilovers up front. quality product for sure, no noises, and my car transfers just as well as it did with the fox4cyl's that i previously had. not that i care about handeling but she actually handles better too!

JWC

Established Member
Get the MM you will not regret it. I have had mine on for over 10,000 miles, no problems, awsome handling, and ride quality is as good as stock. Not to mention with coil overs your car will lood good too!

blwn88cpe

Established Member
I'm also considering MM coilovers. Here's what I'm planning:

Front coilovers with 350# spring
Rear coilovers with 550# spring
Bilstein 00R shocks
MM CC plates
MM full length subframes

Not looking for a serious road racer just some good street handling and the lowered stance. Any suspension guru's out there? How's this setup sound?:beer:

maoun

Established Member
everyone who says no contest MM needs to look at some american iron point charts :)

my opinion is MM is a more luxurious ride whereas griggs is more hardcore

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
everyone who says no contest MM needs to look at some american iron point charts :)

my opinion is MM is a more luxurious ride whereas griggs is more hardcore

While you are looking at the american iron point charts take a look at which manufacturer has a reputation of components failing. ;-)

sweet10th

Established Member
another vote for MM here.
Awesome ride , wish i would have done it sooner.

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
I went with MM because of all the great things that I've heard here on the board, and also because everytime I call over there, the person who picks up the phone can answer every single question to my satisfaction. No run around... no BS.

I have no experience with any of the other companies, so I have nothing to compare MM to.

I'm running 375 up front and 575 in the rear.

BenD

Established Member
Coil Over suggestion

I think Maximum is probably the best. I did buy my entire Coil over System from them, but not their packaged deal.

I specified every item to make up the custom system I wanted and they supplied it. I did buy their front lower Control Arms and they have stood up under harsh Road racing conditions even some spin outs.

However, I did chose their K-Member setup with the extended tie rod ends, oil filter relocation kit and rack bushings. Some of the Road racers I spoke to on the west coast before the fact, said they have not had good luck with other brands.

If you are a Road Racer I can tell you pretty close to what's needed to compete with the expensive European hardware. Can't help you with drag racing.

Ben

GreenCobra

Established Member
There is a New Coil over kit on the market. It's the Eibach Pro-Street. The quality of the components is superior to any out there. I have it on my 97 Cobra and it handles like a slot car. It is brand new so it will be hard to locate folks with the kit but you might try Arlan Motorsport (they are right around the corner from MM) (805 541-9777 for Arlan- they are a Eibach distrib.)

There is a HUGE difference with this kit- I am pulling close to 1 g in turns with street tires and the ride is firm but pleasant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread