Cobra TT road racing at Homestead Miami

brunocobratt

Established Member
what a amazing day i had at Homestead, my car performed well until the last section when the belt came apart and it overheated but i dont think it did any damage i was able to go to a autoparts store and with the help of A friend put it back together. driving in the rain with no abs or traction control was scary, anything over 4000rpm the car was sideways.
i got alot of smoke coming from the exaust too, more than usual anyways.
i had to look it i need a new turbos or is a oil leak that developed at the track didnt have time to look yet.
homestead%20346_zpspewvccw4.jpg

homestead%20400_zpsjg5dlczg.jpg
"]
homestead%20400_zpsjg5dlczg.jpg
[/URL]
homestead%20401_zpsnuapv01l.jpg
"]
homestead%20401_zpsnuapv01l.jpg
[/URL]
homestead%20402_zpsyw0dn4sj.jpg

homestead%20403_zps3hhwy1gj.jpg
"]
homestead%20403_zps3hhwy1gj.jpg
[/URL]
homestead%20426_zpshfa9bbm6.jpg
"]
homestead%20426_zpshfa9bbm6.jpg
[/URL]
homestead%20427_zps4i19iwfy.jpg
"]
homestead%20427_zps4i19iwfy.jpg
[/URL]

homestead%20967_zpsk842uznv.jpg
"]
homestead%20967_zpsk842uznv.jpg
[/URL]
homestead%20970_zpsfnh1ttc9.jpg
"]
homestead%20970_zpsfnh1ttc9.jpg
[/URL]

homestead%20995_zpskcvth615.jpg
"]
homestead%20995_zpskcvth615.jpg
[/URL]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4-6nCoQ9mLk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TFysZ9W-dmk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_b26NdeJlOw

Last edited:

gt347mustang

Established Member
Looks like a blast!

What tires are you running?

Did you happen to monitor intake temps? I'm curious to see how they could compare to a TS or eaton car.

tigbitties

IG: andrewharpers
Established Member
sounds awesome when you start too roll onto it.. One day I will make my Cobra Turbo..

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Good stuff, thanks for sharing. I hope to take mine for a track day this fall. What brakes setup are you running?

brunocobratt

Established Member
Looks like a blast!

What tires are you running?

Did you happen to monitor intake temps? I'm curious to see how they could compare to a TS or eaton car.
Nitto nt05 street tires, i had the intake temps on display but i was pay attention more on coolant temps but i think it was around 115 degrees

Man you were sucking em up in the straights. Cool vid!
Thanks man

sounds awesome when you start too roll onto it.. One day I will make my Cobra Turbo..
Do it

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. I hope to take mine for a track day this fall. What brakes setup are you running?
Stock calipers, slotted rotors, race pads, race fluids and brake cooling hoses

Always enjoy your videos
Thanks man

black-plasma

Established Member
Open track events beat a day at the drag strip any day. Thanks for sharing.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
my buddy does this all the time with his new porsche lol i've always wanted to try it. nice ride

smitty2919

Established Member
my buddy does this all the time with his new porsche lol i've always wanted to try it. nice ride

Do it do it do it. I tested the waters with autocross and can't remember the last time I got so hooked on something so fast. IMHO autocross and road racing are the only forms of racing in which you can fully understand your car and how to handle it.

Great thing about autocross is that with the correct tire+shocks+springs+helmet you can hold your own and have a blast out there for cheap money. Assuming you are not a basket case behind the wheel LOL.

It's interesting, now that I autocross I FINALLY have a clear vision and goals which make me spend money wisely on car parts. Meaning I only fix/replace/upgrade things that need. Before autocrossing, I would throw parts at cars just because and never actually USE them for their intended purpose.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Do it do it do it. I tested the waters with autocross and can't remember the last time I got so hooked on something so fast. IMHO autocross and road racing are the only forms of racing in which you can fully understand your car and how to handle it.

Great thing about autocross is that with the correct tire+shocks+springs+helmet you can hold your own and have a blast out there for cheap money. Assuming you are not a basket case behind the wheel LOL.

It's interesting, now that I autocross I FINALLY have a clear vision and goals which make me spend money wisely on car parts. Meaning I only fix/replace/upgrade things that need. Before autocrossing, I would throw parts at cars just because and never actually USE them for their intended purpose.

What was the "intended purpose" of your car before you autocrossed?

smitty2919

Established Member
What was the "intended purpose" of your car before you autocrossed?

Well.... I had a 04 GTO when my wife said "put up or shut up" and to get off my ass and start racing. Then I went on with the game plan to autocross. I then sold the GTO for a 99 Cobra (mistake given the work it needed) since the GTO is NOT the platform to autocross in. Then came across a good deal on my 95 Z28 so I sold the Cobra. What I'm saying is, the Camaro was purpose bought to DD and autocross and any mods I do are for autocross. So the Camaro's purpose was a DD until autocross season started lol. It remained stock until I autocrossed. In my first season I did shocks/springs/sway bars/watts link/race slicks/racing seat and 5pt harness....yea I went nuts lol.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fun video to watch. And you certainly had a lot of fun on the track, too. Good looking Cobra as well. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread