Cobra Tail lights

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
gearjammer said:
You made my point exactly, You are a car guy and own a cobra but don't even know what a real cobra is ? Now you should know where the term MORON comes from...... The first cobras actually came out in 1963 or 1964 By the greatest car guy of all time CARROL SHELBY now do you know what a reall cobra is, try googling it, you silly but surely can do that. I just think you shouldn't bash someone for enjoying the same thing you, regaurdless what emblems he puts on it. I had a 93 Coupe once before will the snakes on the front fenders. Anyway I made my point, that you are all arguing about something you are doing self..................

Oh excuse me. I know what a SHEBLY Cobra is.

how did I make your point? Sorry for assuming you were being a ****tard with the referance to a 1966 Cobra.

Huh. Looks like I was right. You are a ****ing too. Now get of your little soapbox before I tell your daddy.

Think before you try and stepup to be a man mmkay pumpkin?

jd93gt

Established Member
DrivenVA said:
I'll be the first to admit that I dont know a whole lot about the old AC Cobras, but I dont see what they have to do with SVT cobras.
You seem to be saying that because a Ford engine was used in a non-ford racecar 40 years ago called a cobra...that all these SVTP cobra owners are hypocrites for saying you shouldn't rebadge a car as something its not? I guess Im not really making the connection. As far as I can tell they are completely different animals that share a common moniker.

Its my personal opinion that you should never rebadge a car as something that its not. Use the body styling if you like, but leave off the badges if it doesn't have a certificate of authenticity and a serialized SVT production number.
Well put my friend.... :beer:

The point is that no matter what you do to your car, it will still be a GT... And putting any other badging on the car is just a futile attempt at setting your self apart from the rest of the GT crowd, because all you're doing is DETRACTING from the asthetics of your car.

Being that most mustang owners are also fountains of useless information about mustangs.... you're definately setting yourself apary by improperly badging your cars... because most know all the differences of a GT to a Cobra, and as soon as the realization is made, you're placed in a "special" category of mustang owner... SHAMEFUL which is equal to RICER!!! :bash: :burn:

There is nothing wrong with GT's, I've owned them and liked them. But rebadging your car as a Cobra is just as bad as the "GTR" badges no matter if you tell people it's a cobra or not. As soon as the adhesive hits the paint, these people should be struck down with a righteous lightning bolt from the heavens to save us the trouble of flaming them on message boards such as these.

We shall cast out these hethans in a righteous and swift manner... these obominations shall not be allowed to live in mockery of those who deserve such high asteem in the mustang ranks!!!

slo-ryd

SCT Certified
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
well I'm sure somehow they are all related...

That's alot easier to say when your not standing in front of any of us.

You're "E" bravery is so impressive. :rollseyes

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
gearjammer said:
You made my point exactly, You are a car guy and own a cobra but don't even know what a real cobra is ? Now you should know where the term MORON comes from...... The first cobras actually came out in 1963 or 1964 By the greatest car guy of all time CARROL SHELBY now do you know what a reall cobra is, try googling it, you silly but surely can do that. I just think you shouldn't bash someone for enjoying the same thing you, regaurdless what emblems he puts on it. I had a 93 Coupe once before will the snakes on the front fenders. Anyway I made my point, that you are all arguing about something you are doing self..................
i thought you said he didnt own a real cobra he owned a mustang?

your a focktard..LOL
and who on here said they didnt own a mustang cobra? Not I! I think you forgot to take your meds and the voices are getting to you.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
slo-ryd said:
That's alot easier to say when your not standing in front of any of us.

You're "E" bravery is so impressive. :rollseyes
I was assuming it was mainly a joke... I have a good bussy from WV and we give him hell about being imbred all the damn time.. he hates it but he knows we are just joshing him.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
1slosvt said:
Carrol Shelby is a whore who will put his name on anything.
John Colletti > Carrol Shelby x 70 bazillion
I think Carrol is a great man, an icon in the automotive industry. It will be a sad day when he dies in my book and I dred it ever happening. But he is old school. When it comes to the NEW FORD John Colletti is the new god on the block and he offered so much more to us with our cars than Carrol ever dreamed of offering. Carrol told ford they could use his name to sell more cars... thats it!

John Colletti is the name not known like Carrol's, but his work is known worldwide with FORD SVT!

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
gearjammer said:
A moron is someone who can't type worth a sh1t and registers just to talk out his arse.

You think that the only real Cobras come from Shelby back in the 60's? And why the hell did you have snakes on your 93?

:loser:

Last edited:

Wintermute

Banned
1slosvt said:
Carrol Shelby is a whore who will put his name on anything.
John Colletti > Carrol Shelby x 70 bazillion

Werd. The guy didnt have an original idea during his whole career.

1988 Daytona Shelby woot!! What a legacy.

86day_cs.jpg

1slosvt

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
1988 Daytona Shelby woot!! What a legacy.

Don't forget the omni and dakota. And the telephone at wal-mart. And various stickers. I do think he was great back in the day but I've just lost alot of respect with him putting his name on EVERYTHING. It reminds me of Krusty the clown on The Simpsons. Kinda sad actually.....

slo-ryd

SCT Certified
Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
I was assuming it was mainly a joke... I have a good bussy from WV and we give him hell about being imbred all the damn time.. he hates it but he knows we are just joshing him.

I can appreciate that.

We give each other hell as well but I know all these guys in the real life.
I try to be somewhat respectful to people I don't know.

I personally don't have a problem with Cobra badging a GT if it's done tastefully and they don't tell everybody it's a authentic, but hate to see one riced out... I wouldn't do either, but opinions differ.

SN8KBYTE

Established Member
i own number 76 of 4040.1 of 734 rio red,dark charcoal cobras.i worked long and hard to buy this car.i owned 3 gt's prior to my cobra and never once tried to pass a gt off as a cobra,you know why,because it wasn't one,i hadn't earned that title.authenticity means alot to us.i'm proud as hell to be an owner of one of these fine vehicles and you can be too.find one,buy one.it's that easy.if you must try and replicate,please don't put the badges on.every time you lose to a camaro or honda,we take one step backwards and lose the respect we deserve.there is nothing wrong with a mustang gt,i love all years. just love your car for what it is,a part of history,a ford mustang.

Torchred35th

Established Member
You guys are all very pathetic. I converted my ENGINE to a 32V Cobra motor. I do have a 99 GT, nothing else on the car has or will be changed. All EMBLEMS will REMAIN GT. No Cobra bumpers, badging, or anything else will be represented on my car. I was looking for the Cobra Taillights simply because im following a RED and GOLD theme throughout the car. So , yea, im going to tell everyone i have a cobra because of the tail lights!!!! Give me a ****ing break. You guys have no life and this site is no help.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Torchred35th said:
You guys are all very pathetic. I converted my ENGINE to a 32V Cobra motor. I do have a 99 GT, nothing else on the car has or will be changed. All EMBLEMS will REMAIN GT. No Cobra bumpers, badging, or anything else will be represented on my car. I was looking for the Cobra Taillights simply because im following a RED and GOLD theme throughout the car. So , yea, im going to tell everyone i have a cobra because of the tail lights!!!! Give me a ****ing break. You guys have no life and this site is no help.
well then you need to learn how to type a little better. your quote was I have a gt converting it to cobra. we responed by saying you cant convert it to a cobra it is still a gt. maybe you should have payed attention in english class so that you may have clarified more in your post. You are an idiot, no one wants to associate with an idiot, please take your lame posts somewhere where people want to read your rambling.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Torchred35th said:

So then **** off. No biggie. Next week another peon will take your place.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
So then **** off. No biggie. Next week another peon will take your place.
Nice attitude.
So if someone has a Mustang, and you don't like his car ( for instance ,if he has those PRECIOUS Cobra emblems) this person is a PEON?
How civil!!
There's an old saying, it goes like this.
"I used to be conceited, but now I am PERFECT."

Dude, put all the Cobra stuff on your car that you want to.
IT'S YOUR CAR, and does not belong to some conceited Communist lefty, so full of himself, that the sight of a mere 10 dollar emblem puts him into a pathetic, childish rage.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
birdman941 said:
Nice attitude.
So if someone has a Mustang, and you don't like his car ( for instance ,if he has those PRECIOUS Cobra emblems) this person is a PEON?
How civil!!
There's an old saying, it goes like this.
"I used to be conceited, but now I am PERFECT."

Dude, put all the Cobra stuff on your car that you want to.
IT'S YOUR CAR, and does not belong to some conceited Communist lefty, so full of himself, that the sight of a mere 10 dollar emblem puts him into a pathetic, childish rage.

Here's the deal. He asked for an opinion. He got the answers he shoulda expected.

He's not a peon because he lacks an SVT product. He's the one who got defensive because he got shot down. Then all his "homies" from WV came in to back him up.

Should he listen to us? No. We don't make the payments on his car.

Should he ask stupid questions?

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
There is no such thing as a stupid question.
Maybe the dude has a thirst for Mustang knowledge.
We all have to start somewhere.
Personally, I would help the guy, but that's just me.
Maybe send him a link to where he can get what he wants ( Oh yeah, I already did that).
Now if he was putting flames, neon lights, stickers everywhere and a 6 foot dual deck wing, fart cans, well...........

Users who are viewing this thread