Cobra R Reunion?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce,

Are you bringing the taush-ma-hauler? If so I volunteer your grille the official hangout and all participants bring their own food. Would be a great way to end the day!!!

Correct, I'll be travelling in the Ma-Hauler. I'm also bringing a one man crew to help with maintenance for the five day event. My grill is kinda small but we've cooked large quantities of food when Peter chips in with his grill as well. I believe he is also coming?

It's always a good time to hang around the paddock afterwards and unwind with food, friends and barley pop. :beer:

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
how many are doing the wed-thurs event?

I'm still looking trying to make the VIR trip work financially. I was thinking about instructing at the SCMC event so it could help on costs. The problem is that I've never been to VIR before and it makes me a little uncomfortable to instruct at a track that I've never been before. If I could make the Tarheel event, then instructing would work out for the SCMC. It still wouldn't exactly help the finances but it would be 5 straight days of tracking!! :banana:

How do most of you feel about instructing at a track you've never been to? Maybe I'm just being paranoid. :shrug:

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
This August at Thunderbolt raceway in NJ NASA/PDA will be holding it's first ever event at the track. Every instructor will have zero track time at this track. We will be the first organized group to run this track. It's a tough job but somebody has to be first.
If you are an experienced instructor you will have no problem at VIR.

RD

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Dean, with your experience, its a piece of cake....we did a track tour first thing on the south course last year to get familiarized with the track, as many hadnt ever run there before....I'm sure they will do the same this year....

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dean:

It shouldn't be a problem for you. Do the first few laps with the student in "touring" mode to get "them" familiarized with the track layout while you take mental notes.

Then, it's off to the races.

I understand your concern of getting an advanced student that wants some finer go fast pointers. THAT would be an issue.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread