COBRA R Race Car

buddha93

Established Member
So was did he pick up the same car that was on Ebay? The reason I ask is the one listed had a different number than the one in his sig.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Hes owned both Kaufman cars now. The first one he owned was a couple years ago with 40k miles on it. He put it back stock and sold it I think the last time it was on Ebay it brought 30's. Now he just purchased this raced Kaufman car to restore.

drkhrse

Established Member
Hes owned both Kaufman cars now. The first one he owned was a couple years ago with 40k miles on it. He put it back stock and sold it I think the last time it was on Ebay it brought 30's. Now he just purchased this raced Kaufman car to restore.

He has owned MANY 93 cobras, i think he is just trying to get his name on the title of as many of the 5100 as he can (4993 + 107R's)! If he keeps it over a year, I'll loose the bet.

Speedfreek

Established Member
He has owned MANY 93 cobras, i think he is just trying to get his name on the title of as many of the 5100 as he can (4993 + 107R's)! If he keeps it over a year, I'll loose the bet.

I know he's owned alot. Last count I had owned 30 some and I know he's had more.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Your a car dealer!! :burn:

So is Aaron... he just does not do it legally, he curb stones them. :nonono:

Speedfreak is a legit licensed dealer who buys/sells & also has some "keepers".

As far as my "personal" 93 Cobras that I have owned & driven for long terms... I'd say that at least 20 + the 2 '93Rs. I currently have 7 '93 Cobra's + 2 93Rs and have owned them all for 5+ years.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Your a car dealer!! :burn:

Yea so am I but not all car dealers are pricks who know absolutley nothing about cars. I got into it because I actually enjoy cars. I am not your typical car dealer I will not sell a car that I wouldn't drive myself. Why sell someone something they wont be happy with because they will be back and you will be more aggrivated with it in the end.

t_towner

Established Member
93 Raced R

Thought I'd post up a pic of the car since it will only last so long on ebay.

I'm not sure I understand what all the bashing is about? I don't necessarly like typical car dealers and people who try to flip stuff for a quick buck but it's here and will always be around. If they make a buck, good for them. There's more in life to worry about. I'm not a car dealer, just a collector who loves the cars and rarely sales. However, I've seriously looked at becoming a dealer just to get blanket insurance on the collection and to be able to put plates on some of the experimental cars.

As far as price paid for the car? Anyone can only guess. I have an idea and I assume he got a pretty good deal. Esp since they likely have the original block and many of the original parts located. It should be interesting to watch it come back to life. I only hope he doesn't cut out the cage.

93r9.jpg

Speedfreek

Established Member
I'm not sure I understand what all the bashing is about? I don't necessarly like typical car dealers and people who try to flip stuff for a quick buck but it's here and will always be around. If they make a buck, good for them. There's more in life to worry about. I'm not a car dealer, just a collector who loves the cars and rarely sales. However, I've seriously looked at becoming a dealer just to get blanket insurance on the collection and to be able to put plates on some of the experimental cars.

I was actually in the same boat in NC once you have sold 12 vehicles in a year. You get a request to become a dealer. I owned 27 tagged and insured one year and got a notice that I needed to become a dealer. After looking into it it was cheaper insurance wise and like you said I have plates to put on everything else. I have my keepers and I have things I buy to make a buck off of. As long as I can pay the bills I don't have to get rich doing it. Its just fun to be able to come and go as I please and get to drive cool cars all the time. Sure beats a real job:banana:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Yea so am I but not all car dealers are pricks who know absolutley nothing about cars. I got into it because I actually enjoy cars. I am not your typical car dealer I will not sell a car that I wouldn't drive myself. Why sell someone something they wont be happy with because they will be back and you will be more aggrivated with it in the end.

As long as I can pay the bills I don't have to get rich doing it. Its just fun to be able to come and go as I please and get to drive cool cars all the time. Sure beats a real job:banana:

Thats the way I buy & sell cars too. If its a car that I am afraid to get hung with then I do not want it. Every car I sell is something that I would not mind keeping if it did not sell. I could be a lot richer if I were not so damn honest & trying to help out everyone that I can. Quite often on my classic cars I talk people out of buying them because I know its not what they should be getting themselves into... the cool factor of a classic only last so long if you are not really into cars & maintaining them. I was brought up the way americans use to be: Your word means everything and the way you treat people reflects on you as a person. I too could be a lot richer if I had a "normal" job but money does not mean eveything to me. I work 60-70 hours a week and pay myself less then minimum wage for those hours.... so it burns my a** when someone stereotypes all dealers as scumbags that get rich off everyone else by screwing them over. It also really pisses me off when I see people selling more cars than me a month doing it illegally and not paying taxes on that income... thats why I dispise(sp?) curb stoners that sell lots of cars a year.

My hobby is my job & my job is my hobby. :beer:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
So in layman's terms, what exactly does that mean?

In other words... someone that buys and sells items on a very regular basis that is not licensed to do so and has no legally established business. Usually all the vehicles they sell are on open titles and they deal in cash only so there is no record for them to have to pay taxes on the capital gains. When people buy from these scumbags they have no legal recourse should something go wrong.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Arron sent me a PM on 1993Cobra.com and asked me to post it here.

Please Post this for me. Thanks I appreciate it.

Please Inform MR Cobra186 that I register and pay Property taxes on every car I sell. In Ut, if you put the car in your name, and pay property taxes on it, you can sell as many a year as you want.

I do not appreciate him calling me and many other's that buy and sell a few cars a year Just to keep the lights on scumbags. I never have nor ever will have screwed anyone over. Not sure what your problem is with me, Sorry you missed the 93R I bought, We are all in these cars because we share a passion for them.

I try to help everyone I sell or have sold cars to, hell sometimes I fix them for free years after just to keep good relations. If for any reason I offended you For who know's what, I am sorry. I just try to get by Just like everyone else.

Or Fourfathers fought for our rights, to be free and do what we want to be happy, mine is Buying and fixing up cars and selling them. If this makes me a scumbag, then I am happy to be one. In the end I save some old cars and make new Dreams for some young kind, or even an old Fart or two. with People like Cobra186 on SVTP I am not sure whay anyone would ever want to go their.

And I know at least Half that site makes money buying and selling of car, Books, Staps what ever you're interested in. we call that Freedom, not being a scumbag.

P.S The only reason I don't get a dealers Liscence, I am a 17 Year Air Force man, I move quite often, and as you know you are required, to have Delers insurance, Building with a Sign, which has to be big enough to house X amout of cars. So to do this ever time I moved would be very stupid. so I pay my taxes Just like you do. I wish I made Millions as a guy who Just enjoys fixing up cars. But I do not.

I invest wisely, and do the right thing, I don't call people Scumbags for trying to make a living, that is what is wrong with our country today, to many pople Like Cobra186 Being Jealous that someone made the Dollar that he missed out on and trying to make the other guy look bad. this is Just one' man's opinion.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I just sit back and laugh at Aaron everytime he makes his " I never did anything wrong and never screwed anyone over" speaches..... You put together a 93R that was stripped of its original engine after it grenaded. You listed the car multiple times on ebay and never once gave full disclosure in the listing that it had a non-original engine. IIRC you also never disclosed that the car had paint work done on it. You also got kicked off this forum because you bought a wrecked 93 Cobra off the boards, rebuilt it and then sold it to a forum member w/o disclosing to him the the frontend was knocked off the car..... So yeah you are a stand up guy!!! IMHO you are a scumbag Aaron (even though I never have directly called you that) you are the exact type of person that screwed over people and help enforce the stereotype of a used car dealer.

I could careless that you bought that jacked up 93R... I have 2 of my own that I dont have to make excuses for or try to hide their past.

Its great that you pay transfer taxes on the cars you buy. Do you pay taxes on what you really pay for them? AND then pay taxes on the capital gains that you make after flipping them? I'll admit I don't know your personal business but if the example you set with past car deals is any indication....I'd put my money on the fact that you "forget" to fully disclose all your car sale profits on your tax return.

Its a shame you are allowed on 1993cobra forum..... I know Kevin from the auctions we both use to attend and would have no problem contributing to his website to help out with anything I could contribute to, but as long as you are allowed on the board and from what I have heard help moderate... I won't be participating in those forums.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Arron PM'd me this to post.

I will try to answere you're questions again for the 5th time now Cobra186

1. I did not get banned for selling a wrecked 93 Cobra to a member and not disclosing that fact. Lightning Larry can Confirm this. I listed it as having paint work and wreck history on carfax. The cousin of the guy I bought ti from saw my post he PM'd LL. I gave him the Vin as he requested.

He wanted me to change the post to say I bought it wrecked, I asked him why did that matter it was already on carfax. I refused to do so. He banned me for not changing my Post title. Please Confirm this with LL if you do not believe me

The Current owner of that car bought it Because of all the BS on SVTP he has owned the car for almost 3 years now. He constantly gets Praised about the car. He knew it had Front end damage. BIG DEAL

2. My last 93R #19, not the one I just bought, was sold on e-bay with no motor, this was Public Knowledge and highly talked about on SVTP. So no I did not claim the motor was changed I figured you would keep track of it for me, LOL, I did say I painted the Front and rear covers as well as the the Side Skirts. You told two Potential buyers as well as the SVTP community the whole car had been painted. Stand up guy you are

So I hope I cleared this up again for the 5th time now. So next year when you start this again, you can have the story straight. As for me it has never changed, Funny how the truth never changes, but your LIES alwasy do.

For any adults on the board, please come over to 1993cobra.com we are an adult website and we do not tolerate people who slander other people based on others Hear say.

Thanks speedfreek this is my last post, About this I am tired of wasteing my time with this Child!

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Aaron my point is you never tell anyone in advance what the history of the car is/was.... as you stated you always assume that the buyer knows its history because of carfax or some message board on the web. You as a seller should be honest enough to state all the facts that you kow about the car so that potential buyers do not have to research it for themselves. Carfax is not the end all /know all of every cars history and some random message board of which there are 100ks of.. no one can keep track of everything stated on every message board in the world.

I never told anyone that the car had been repainted.... I have always stated that the car had some paint work done. That does not mean the entire car was repainted.

If you had nothing to hide about the Teal cobra being previously wrecked.... then what was the big deal about making it known in your for sale ad. The fact that you would not change or add the info to your for sale listing just proves that you wanted to hide it from anyone that did not take the time to research it.

#19 93R was was listed on ebay for a very short time and most people never saw it because the auction was ended early.

Im glad that you supposedley repair cars correctly. If you do the repair correctly with quality work then I do not understand why you feel that you can not represent the car correctly. The people that shade tree a repair are the types that feel the need to hide the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread