COBRA R Race Car

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Yes that is cool to hear that the original block was located as well as some of the other original 93R specific parts.

I would still leave the car in "as raced" condition and then reinstall the sponsor decals on it. Thats the condition it would be most valueable in AND it would set the car apart from the rest of the plain original 93Rs that look just like a regular production 93 Cobra with some black wheels.

I would restore the original engine and then leave it on an engine stand. Since the car has true race history... I would build a 5.0 based stroker motor, install a set of heavily ported GT40 Iron Heads, and ported cobra intake, with a nice cam. Build a motor that will run circles around a stock cobra engine yet looks vintage race correct.

t_towner

Established Member
I would still leave the car in "as raced" condition and then reinstall the sponsor decals on it. Thats the condition it would be most valueable in AND it would set the car apart from the rest of the plain original 93Rs that look just like a regular production 93 Cobra with some black wheels.

I completely agree w/ you that the car should be left as raced.

Here are a couple pics Aaron has emailed. Pretty interesting car!

FWIW, I finally found the posts from the wrecked Teal car. I absolutely don't want to get in the middle....however, I do believe it could have been handled differently.....

1993CobraR62-1.jpg

1993CobraR62-3.jpg

1993CobraR62-5.jpg

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I hate seeing low mileage and sat in a garage its whole life cars. They all puff blue smoke and stumble. I would rather have a driver to beat on, then some pristine low mileage car that needs an engine rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread