Cobra or C5Z.....

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
I realize this has been beaten to death, looking for honest opinions on what I should get in the near future. Looking for a Cobra, C5Z, or a boosted/built fox, new edge, or SN95.... Preferably a Cobra or C5Z, but nothing is out of the question as of yet.

My 13' 5.0 is going to be leaving me next week so i can free up cash to finish my house that is getting a complete teardown for the most part.

I wont be buying a car till next spring atleast, but im just starting to research on what I should get. Nothing is out of the question, budget is less than 30K.

looking for a fast weekend warrior that may or may not see a track 1-3 times a year with the odd day of driving to work.

What are you opinions?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
they're about 40k now for a decent one, when the c7z gets closer (which would make sense since OP isnt talking til next Spring for said purchase)

I could forsee it yes sir.

I don't see clean C6Z's being under 35 for quite a few years. Unless of course they have 120k miles on them.

The new Z will be more of a ZR1 price buster than a Z06. (In my opinion which doesn't mean much lol)

To the OP you could get an LS3 C6 for below 30 and have the nice interior of the C6 along with more power than either the C5z or cobra.

Another question to ask is do you need a back seat??

Rings

Established Member
c6(z or not), Cobra, c5z

The only way id go.

Just read the post above...c6gs FTW!

Zemedici

Established Member
I don't see clean C6Z's being under 35 for quite a few years. Unless of course they have 120k miles on them.

The new Z will be more of a ZR1 price buster than a Z06. (In my opinion which doesn't mean much lol)

To the OP you could get an LS3 C6 for below 30 and have the nice interior of the C6 along with more power than either the C5z or cobra.

Another question to ask is do you need a back seat??

you can get a clean c6z for <40 now if you shop around. It will be almost a year from now, and with a bit bigger budget, it could happen.

Its just the c5zs that would be worth buying would still be expensive, with some more money you can get so much more car with a c6z. Knahmean? :beer:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I just sold my h/c/I/n2o C5 Z last week. Had a built transmission and rear diff also. Professionally built and in great shape. Sold it for $23,400. Made 542/591rwtq on spray.

I loved that car. You cant go wrong with any of your options. Drive them all and see what you like.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
Damn, i would have scooped that Z up if i were looking right now & if you didnt sell it, sounds like a wicked deal. Considering here in canada, a stock c5z with about 50,000KM is going for 25,000-29,000.

Would love of C6Z, right now, price wise, its sort of out the question. 30K is pushing it for me as i dont want another hefty payment like my stang is... although that was 42K after tax not including interest.... :)

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
you can get a clean c6z for <40 now if you shop around. It will be almost a year from now, and with a bit bigger budget, it could happen.

Its just the c5zs that would be worth buying would still be expensive, with some more money you can get so much more car with a c6z. Knahmean? :beer:

I hear ya. :beer:

If you can swing it the C6Z is one of the most amazing cars for the current price you can find.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Damn, i would have scooped that Z up if i were looking right now & if you didnt sell it, sounds like a wicked deal. Considering here in canada, a stock c5z with about 50,000KM is going for 25,000-29,000.

Would love of C6Z, right now, price wise, its sort of out the question. 30K is pushing it for me as i dont want another hefty payment like my stang is... although that was 42K after tax not including interest.... :)

ohsweetbabyjesus.

That exchange rate though.

yeah....I would snag a late c5z, do a cam/exhaust/pill and let it ride. :D

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
also seen this wicked ride.... would consider something like this, what you guys think? (98 twin turbo built vette)
http://www.usednanaimo.com/classified-ad/1998-corvette-twin-turbo_22501980

Was also thinking a factory five cobra.... but looking at prices they are out of my range and dont think they will be going down at all haha.

Although, seems i can find a couple built & blown foxes for 15k or less which would be pretty killer as well and would have it paid off way quicker

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4551957953.html
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/4545562042.html

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Love those built notchbacks! I'll be getting another one day!

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
Me too.... if i bought one, looking for minimum 400rwhp :) in a notch preferably.... there is a nice 500+ RWHP black coupe that was at a GM dealer, it sold i believe though :( they were asking 10k OBO & it was fully built 347 with v1 & roll cage & full suspension.... too bad i wasnt looking at that time. Just seen it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Cobra and C5 Z are very different cars. The C5 is lighter and has two seats. But you're not looking for a daily driver. If it was me, I'd definitely try to swing a C6 Z06. IMO it's worth the additional coin. Good luck with making your choice. :)

Rct851

Established Member
Cobra/c5z are 10k under your max budget. Ls3 c6 is right at your 30k. C6z/c6 grand sport are 10k over your budget.

If your getting rid of your current car because your sick of the high monthly note and your plan is to have a weekend fun car then it's pretty clear what your options should be.

Users who are viewing this thread