Cobra or C5Z.....

SBVERT03

Established Member
Personally I would go Cobra or C5Z, with my the Cobra being my #1. But then again I'm biased, because that's the direction I chose to go. Lol.

Personally I just like the looks of the Cobra the best, and there's something about them that I just love.

smitty2919

Established Member
Cobra over base C5
C5Z over a Cobra
Base C6 and C6Z over Cobra

But go drive a vette. Hell you might like the driving style of even a base c5 over the cobra. I know I love the driving position I get from even my 95 Camaro. I no longer feel like I am sitting upright in a dinner table chair like when I owned my Mustangs. I no longer need to "reach" for 3rd gear also.

I would have got a Fbody over either of my 99 GT OR 03 Mach 1 had I drove a Fbody years ago. Bigger motor, build quality is just as "cheap" and parts are cheap with the benefit of improved driving position and better chassis design for handling.

Last edited:

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
thanks guys... guess my best bet is to find a c5z at a dealer and get them to let me take it on a drive and see how i like it.... I am a big fan of the huge torque a cobra produces though..... only way i would get a base c5, was if it was built and/or blown. :)

I would love a c6z, too much for me, right now in canada, your average c6z is 50K + (if my budget was that much id be looking at a RS3 or a gt500....)

.... not a c6 though unless it was blown or built a little.....

Ive never really been a fan of vettes, but ive never been in one, & by the sounds a c5z and modded cobra are close in performance, other than handling, but im looking more a straigh line performer than can handle a few twisties....

Found this really nice mach1 with 55,000 KM that is very nice too.... but i think i would go with a cobra over the mach.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4559530822.html

Last edited:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I'd build an SN95 using the new Ford Racing 575 horsepower 460 small block stroker. I would put EFI on it, and I would also add a T56 transmission into the mix. I would give maximum motorsports, or griggs racing a call and upgrade the suspension. Lastly I'd give the car a nice paint job, some rims, and a decent looking hood.

The best part about the whole thing is you get a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty on the engine.

Of course If I were to do this I'd be using a 1967-70 fastback mustang instead since I don't really care about these new cars that much.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
i thought about building a car, but i dont have all the right tools or know-how.... i can pull an engine, re-seal it, new clutch ect, on an older fox, but never done any fabricating of any sort so i feel i would be lost in the wilderness doing so.... Maybe one day, but not right now.

Users who are viewing this thread