Cobra Jet Intake VS GT IM + E85 VS 91 GAS - Dyno results @ AED

Mazen89

Established Member
what gears in rear end?

I am sorry I missed your question! it has 3.73 from the factory. Thanks!

I went to the track this weekend and went 11.2s with a bad 60 ft, so I believe with a good 60ft like low 1.5s or high 1.4s I'd be able to get to my goal. Car still needs suspension work I am still working on it!

Here it is ;-)

112s_zps6a922dd8.jpg

11.28 @ 120.08 with 1.64
11.24 @ 120.51 with 1.64

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I am sorry I missed your question! it has 3.73 from the factory. Thanks!

I went to the track this weekend and went 11.2s with a bad 60 ft, so I believe with a good 60ft like low 1.5s or high 1.4s I'd be able to get to my goal. Car still needs suspension work I am still working on it!

Here it is ;-)

112s_zps6a922dd8.jpg

11.28 @ 120.08 with 1.64
11.24 @ 120.51 with 1.64

Very nice. Looks like you gained a solid 2 mph from the CJ setup?

Car is fast for sure. I'm a believer in 3.73s (or more) on a NA setup like this. Anything numerically lower would likely keep the car out of the power band longer.

Congrats... You have enough mph for 10s...

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member

Car is fast for sure. I'm a believer in 3.73s (or more) on a NA setup like this. Anything numerically lower would likely keep the car out of the power band longer.

For 1/4 mile you're correct as you'll get into the initial power band faster which is vital for the 1st half of the track. However, on the street in a roll race situation My gears (3.31's) Keep the car in the power band for MUCH longer than a 3.73 or 3.90 car. Just depends on what you're doing to be honest, 3.73 & 3.90's wouldn't be at all ideal on the street unless you're strictly dig racing.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah... racing on the street doesnt make much sense to me anymore. Not picking a fight but someone who builds a car around street racing probably doesnt have any kids at home to think about or has so much money that the financial implications of dumb choices dont matter much.

Like you said, to each their own but "race" cars belong on a track.

If someone was building a highway roll racer you may have a point...

:)

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Yeah... racing on the street doesnt make much sense to me anymore. Not picking a fight but someone who builds a car around street racing probably doesnt have any kids at home to think about or has so much money that the financial implications of dumb choices dont matter much.

Like you said, to each their own but "race" cars belong on a track.

If someone was building a highway roll racer you may have a point...

:)

LOL, someone from Cali commenting on someone else's life choices, HILARIOUS!!!! No offense, just funny to me!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Because people from Ga are so very wholesome and make all the greatest choices in life right?

Believe it or not Ca has a few good ones left......

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
#1. Closest strip to me is 2+ hours away used to be 10 Minutes.

#2. Ever heard of roll racing events on an airstrip ? pretty big thing.

#3. You act like you've never gotten on your cars on the street before, come on man. You've never raced someone on the street?

Seeing as how they tore our local track down, to build a "park" which never happened. A lot of people in the KC area with a lot of fast cars, cars WAY faster than mine take it to the streets. Ever heard of Street Car Takeover ? pretty big deal! 1320 Video pretty popular, right ? I'm pretty sure you've watched their videos? But yet you want to pick a fight, and make assumptions about someone you don't even know, all while hypocritically calling me out for something 99.9% of members on this forums has done.

Yeah, I like to do 50-130 races, yes they've happened on the street before. I'm so horrible and so dangerous! Why don't you go to an AA site and blast repeat offenders for killing in the masses due to blatant negligence to hundreds of thousands of people. I'm on a straight, flat, smooth surface in the middle of the night with no traffic. Is there a risk to me? Sure. Is there a risk to the other party, Sure. Is there a risk to Bystanders? Sure. Is that risk much more sufficient than at a "Drag Strip" I'm no mathematician, I would say the increase in risk is marginal.

Appreciate your concerns though!

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Youre no mathmetician... you also have no common sense.

You dedicate the first half of your childish rant to painting a pretty picture about how you roll race on closed courses, then in the second half of it you talk about how you race on the street at night with no one around? lol

To each his own tough guy... have at it. I could care less to be honest but save your excuses about "no tracks around" for someone else. I live in the communist state of California so if i can find a track.. you sure as hell can too.

Its amazing what 10 years can do for someone with regards to maturity. You sound like a 20 year old who just has to go WFO every chance she gets just so everyone parked at the local burger stand can hear your new GT500s scream (nice sig pic by the way-- it only takes half of the computer screen.. im sure some folks have trouble seeing it?).

Meh.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Hah!

I'm 30 married with 2 kids, I've ground up started and continue to run 2 business with over 60 employee's. My car doesn't have GT500's because I think they sound like shit. My car isn't a daily it has a whopping 11k miles and is driven to events and car shows only. If I happen to encounter someone who is game on the street and the situation is within reason i'll play, other wise I'll open it up on an on ramp if room allows aside from that it's babied. A lot of fast cars around here, over 1500 cars were here for SCT most of them in my age group or older they all played on the street LOL! Several with over 800WHP.

Last time I took my 8 sec fox down the strip, a deer hopped out in front of me @ ~1000 ft mark. Anytime you're enjoying any sort of performance car or bike, you're doing so with a certain amount of risk, I don't care where it is. Don't let the fact that "some" tracks have guard rails and fencing give you a false since of security, racing is dangerous, period.

As for my sig pic, if it's taking up half of your screen, I strongly recommend you get a computer that can handle a resolution greater than 800x600

Again I truly appreciate the concern, Mom.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol... 10/4

So much to say but in the interest of getting OP's thread back on track ill just say... Congrats! Sounds like youre winning at life--keep at it!

Mazen89

Established Member
Pump gas??

It's on corn :lol1: making 464/400

Thanks man I appreciate the positive comment. Yes, I believe that it picked about 2 mph from the CJ, but this is technically the 1st time out and I was shifting @ 7800RPM I am not sure if this is the "sweet spot" I had about an hour window to test it out. A little more testing and a good 60 ft will tell!

Stay tuned! I won't stop till I break into 10s:thumbsup:

Famine

Established Member
So, how is this car doing? Are you still revving it out like in the vids? How many miles of hard honest driving have you put on it? Still on the stock block?

Users who are viewing this thread