Cobra Jet Intake VS GT IM + E85 VS 91 GAS - Dyno results @ AED

Mazen89

Established Member
Cobra Jet Intake VS GT IM + E85 VS 91 GAS - Dyno results @ AED ( time slip update)

Hi there,

I just wanted to share with you before and after Dyno results from my last modfications on my car. It's a 2011 Mustang GT CS M6.

Old set up:

JLT Intake
X-pipe
GT500 axle back
AED E85 dyno tune
47 Injectors
and nothing else..

Made 439/403 on E85

My PB on the old set up:

photo6_zps6b2fd23a.jpg

New Set up: (Main changes)

Ported Cobra Jet Intake + 4.5 inches Air Intake custom made by Drew
Meziere Electric Water Pump
JPC Over the Axle Pipes
And of course Shaun's tune! :thumbsup:

Full info is on the Video:-D gotta watch it to find out;-)

Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;cGj13qNA9ro]http://youtu.be/cGj13qNA9ro[/video]

Big thanks to AED for their continuous support I couldn't be happeir:-D

Please feel free to ask me any question regarding the car.

Mazen-

Last edited:

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Awesome gains!

Do you think that the CJ manifold is worth the extra cash vs. A boss manifold? Why did u drift away from E85? How was gas consumption and your overall opinion of using it?

Mazen89

Established Member
So what was the time on the new setup?

It hasn't been set yet it's been only a couple days on the new set up, hoping to break into high 10s in the future

Awesome gains!

Do you think that the CJ manifold is worth the extra cash vs. A boss manifold? Why did u drift away from E85? How was gas consumption and your overall opinion of using it?

Thanks man, I haven't tried the Boss manifold but I know that with the boss you lose some torque. However, with the CJ intake, the torque loss is unnoticeable if there is any. As far as money goes, I think it depends on your goals and what you’re trying to achieve. IMO if you don't race your car and just want to have fun with it, the boss would be a good choice.
For me, at this point everything counts, and I knew from what I have seen and heard that the CJ intake would make a little more HP with minimum loss in TQ. Besides that I love how high rev engines sound I mean who doesn’t:rollseyes. So, I think these are the reasons why I went this route. I have been running my car on E85 for the last 3 months or so and I like it. It gives me 12rwhp more and it's safer. One thing I noticed with the E85 is a noticeable reduction in emissions. I think one of the down sides of it is the gas consumption, supposedly it consumes 1/3 more than regular gas. But, I think my car consumes more than that, but I am not the right person to ask when it comes to gas consumption because I rarely drive normal lool. Thanks.

That's a great power from the change up. If i'm reading this right, still stock headers? if so, that's even more impressive, congrats Mazen!

Yes, still stock headers. Shaun and I were hoping it would make 470:-D, but I mean 464 with stock headers is pretty damn healthy:thumbsup:. Good job on the intake. Thanks Drew!

Last edited:

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Very nice, Dam close to 470 rwhp.....did you get a chance to run it back at the track. When do plan on doing Long tubes. Keep it up.

Mazen89

Established Member
Very nice, Dam close to 470 rwhp.....did you get a chance to run it back at the track. When do plan on doing Long tubes. Keep it up.

Thanks bro, I haven't taken it to the track probably in the next couple of weeks. I don't plan on doing LT:uh oh:, the car has enough power I just need time to get to my goal. Thanks again!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy 8000rpm batman.

Is the bottom end still stock? Oil pump gears?

Just curious.

Badass machine!

mystickb1996

Established Member
wow this is crazy 8000 rpm!!! awesome results man and thanks for sharing info with everyone.very informative.. you have any doubts revving it out to 8k? iv been wanting to do a CJ setup but dont want to rev past 7500 not sure if it would be worth it for me

Diesel11B

Established Member
Great setup and numbers. I just installed the boss manifold on mine and tuned it. After tuning all day I got a final read out of 415 rwhp but I still have the stock throttle body and headers. What size CJ throttle body are you running? Why don't you see long tube headers in the future? Everyone is recommending me to do so since I have more air coming in, I need more air going out. Your thoughts?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see it anywhere but what gears are in this car?

My mod list is basically identical minus the SCJ setup and SCJ was my next step.

I'm shocked it went 120 mph on the stock manifold without long tubes!!?!?

Mazen89

Established Member
WOW! Thanks for the great comments guys!

Your car is pulling real good through those gears, congrats on a nice set-up.

Thanks man!:-D

Looking good in for slip update.

I look forward to sharing a slip update, gotta get the suspension “dialed in” though. I used to run consistency 11.4s on the old set up with the stock suspension. I am still trying to fine-tune the new one:(. Thanks man.

wow this is crazy 8000 rpm!!! awesome results man and thanks for sharing info with everyone.very informative.. you have any doubts revving it out to 8k? iv been wanting to do a CJ setup but dont want to rev past 7500 not sure if it would be worth it for me

Thanks I really appreciate your input, I did this for the car enthusiasts and people who are thinking about upgrading to the CJ intake. I did a lot of research before I decided to get it, thought this would help a lot of people out there. I noticed that the more we rev it, the more power it makes:loser:. My car peaks at almost 7800 RPM and the rev limit is actually 7950 RPM. As far as doubts, I am not really sure I am kind of new to Ford cars:p, but I asked Shaun whether it was safe or not, and he said it is safe. Thanks !

Nice numbers, I love seeing that tach needle touching 8000 like that. :thumbsup:

-Steve

Trust me I love it more than you do:thumbsup:

Thanks Steve!

Great setup and numbers. I just installed the boss manifold on mine and tuned it. After tuning all day I got a final read out of 415 rwhp but I still have the stock throttle body and headers. What size CJ throttle body are you running? Why don't you see long tube headers in the future? Everyone is recommending me to do so since I have more air coming in, I need more air going out. Your thoughts?

Congrats man !
To be honest, I am not sure how big the TB is in mm, but I know that the CFM is 1797. The reason I am not seeing LT in the future is because they’re very expensive and their installation costs a lot. I think that I will eventually take everything off and sell the car. So, I chose to get the water pump instead, I know that it’s very pricy:uh oh:, but at least its installation and disassembly doesn’t cost that much, so I could later on sell it and get half of its cost back. Besides I noticed that my car is noticeably slower when it’s hot, so even if the pump didn’t show any gains, it would at least minimize the performance loss. IMO it’s more important to keep the power consistence rather than adding power that is not going to be consistence.
My suggestion is, if you love your car and do not plan on selling it in the near future, go ahead and get those long tubes!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the comment, if you any have questions don’t hesitate.

Great video, your car is rolling out!

Thanks man !:-D

I don't see it anywhere but what gears are in this car?

My mod list is basically identical minus the SCJ setup and SCJ was my next step.

I'm shocked it went 120 mph on the stock manifold without long tubes!!?!?

I go to either Sacramento Raceway or Sonoma. I am surprised myself:-D, these cars are awesome on the track! I actually had the stock resonators too. But, I think you should know that my car had some basic weight reduction such as empty trunk, no rear seats, light weight battery, and of course the race star wheels.:rollseyes

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread