Cobra Jet intake going on stockish auto 5.0!!

goat-ee

Established Member
Some movement to report. Revolution Automotive said that they hope to ship the CAI out next Friday (1-31-2014). The intake itself is scheduled to be to Drew (01bluesnake) for port and polish on 01-24-2014. The 1st piece to actually show up in my hands is the eBay special SCJ monoblade throttle body!!! Not sure if the pic does it justice, in person it absolutely looks NEW!!

temporary_zpsc074e06e.jpg

Last edited:

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
Some movement to report. Revolution Automotive said that they hope to ship the CAI out next Friday (1-31-2014). The intake itself had been scheduled to be to Drew (01bluesnake) but it appears the weather in the east has delayed delivery, but hopefully tomorrow?!?! And the 1st piece to actually show up in my hands is the eBay special SCJ monoblade throttle body!!! Not sure if the pic does it justice, in person it absolutely looks NEW!!

goat-ee are you going to do the install... if you do just be careful when you repin the wire connector to drive the SCJ throttle body... The instructions make it look easy to remove the pins from the factory connector, it can be but you can also damage the connector rather easy as well. And if you do, Ford does not sell just that connector, I think you will end up replacing a large amount of wiring harness if you damage it and you want to replace it going back to stock...

Also out of curiosity, if you would, can you post a picture of the outlet before you install the CAI... I am kinda curious what the outlet connection looks like and if you have mic do you mind measuring it?

a pro stock motor cost roughly 60-80k complete

Where I got my information and it obvious neither one of use know by true experience so its all hear say. anyway, it was from one of the pit crew personnel of a popular top fuel racing team that I spent a couple hours with on Thursday before the Mile High Nationals and that was my source.

Last edited:

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
JohnRichard is pretty well known for spreading horse manure for information. He used to trash the setup all together and AED. Now hes running an AED tune. LOL!!!

I think this person is in love with me. :poke:

really person.. if I wanted you to know what I have in my car I would send you a postcard. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Some movement to report. Revolution Automotive said that they hope to ship the CAI out next Friday (1-31-2014). The intake itself had been scheduled to be to Drew (01bluesnake) but it appears the weather in the east has delayed delivery, but hopefully tomorrow?!?! And the 1st piece to actually show up in my hands is the eBay special SCJ monoblade throttle body!!! Not sure if the pic does it justice, in person it absolutely looks NEW!!

Looks great!!! :pop:

goat-ee

Established Member
goat-ee are you going to do the install... if you do just be careful when you repin the wire connector to drive the SCJ throttle body... The instructions make it look easy to remove the pins from the factory connector, it can be but you can also damage the connector rather easy as well. And if you do, Ford does not sell just that connector, I think you will end up replacing a large amount of wiring harness if you damage it and you want to replace it going back to stock...

Also out of curiosity, if you would, can you post a picture of the outlet before you install the CAI... I am kinda curious what the outlet connection looks like and if you have mic do you mind measuring it?

Yes, I will be doing the install myself. I downloaded the instructions from Ford Racing and have read through them a few times, plan on reading a couple more times so I don't get any surprises.

Thanks for the heads up on the the re-pin of the connector. I have done a few of these repins in the past on a 2.3 turbo 4 cylinder conversion in a Fox body, a Dallas Speed-Cal on 3 different Cobra's, so hopefully it will go ok.

Sorry, do you mean the outlet of the CAI where it meets with the throttle body or??? Happy to put the calipers to it, just clarify what your looking for?

Looks great!!! :pop:

Thanks, I always have some question in my mind when buying used stuff off eBay. But thrilled with what I recieved.

I just received the updated tune from Shaun @ AED (man he's fast!!), so i'll be ready to go on that already and get the tune loaded on the handheld tuner.

Is there any small stuff that I need to get? I would really like to get everything needed ahead of time so the install goes as smooth as possible.

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
even thought this setup is relatively expensive and im not looking to get every last bit of power out im kinda considering this

goat-ee

Established Member
even thought this setup is relatively expensive and im not looking to get every last bit of power out im kinda considering this

Total with everything shipped, me doing the labor on the installation is $1823.04. So yes, I would say a bit pricey, but I also think I will be happy with the performance at the track. Not mention if I had went through Ford Racing I would have had most of that price in just the stock intake and throttle body and nothing else. And damn, they look wicked under the hood!! :banana:

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
Total with everything shipped, me doing the labor on the installation is $1823.04. So yes, I would say a bit pricey, but I also think I will be happy with the performance at the track. And damn, they look wicked under the hood!! :banana:

yeah lol little expensive compared to the boss but i also know that ill be the only one in the area.....also plan on nitrous nothing crazy though

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I love my cj setup. Same day dyno numbers, I went 420/370-->444/386.. Running the dual 65mm right now. I don't have the lagging throttle response, definitely much snappier than stock. Maybe my accufab tb had a tad bit better response, but the top end is no where the same.

Cleaned up manifold and and Drews v1 intake here too

goat-ee

Established Member
I love my cj setup. Same day dyno numbers, I went 420/370-->444/386.. Running the dual 65mm right now. I don't have the lagging throttle response, definitely much snappier than stock. Maybe my accufab tb had a tad bit better response, but the top end is no where the same.

Cleaned up manifold and and Drews v1 intake here too

Are the 1/4 mile times/mph in sig up to date?

goat-ee

Established Member
Upon reading the directions again, I came across this interesting "requirement"? Do I really need Ford Racing M-9444-M50B Boss 302 Intake Manifold Installation Kit? That's what the directions say, but nobody has mentioned it before. Which is the case gentlemen? Here is what the directions say exactly.

M-9424-M50CJ
INTAKE MANIFOLD
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
NO PART OF THIS DOCUMENT MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PRIOR AGREEMENT AND WRITTEN PERMISSION OF
FORD RACING PERFORMANCE PARTS.
Techline 1-800-367-3788 Page 2 of 38 IS-1850-0410
Factory Ford shop manuals are available from Helm Publications, 1-800-782-4356
Mustang GT applications require BOSS® 302 INTAKE MANIFOLD INSTALL KIT M-9444-M50B, not included.
CR3Z-9G297-A Fuel Vapor Hose
CR3Z-9G290-B Fuel Vapor Fuse Bracket and fasteners
CR3Z-9J280-A Fuel Line
Air Inlet Tube assembly – throttle body to air box. (inlet tube is not used).

The ported and polished intake shipped today and I will get it Wednesday according to FedEx. Hoping to see the Rev Auto CAI early next week. So if I need this i'll get it ordered ASAP, so I will have by the time I get everything else in.

ANYTHING else I'm missing gentlemen?

01bluesnake

Established Member
No, not completely needed. It's more so just to relocate the purge valve correct, no different than for the Boss mani. I moved my purge under the manifold and used some black braided AN hose to connect the ports. Let me see if i can find a good pic

You can see the line a little in this pic going down by the T body connector

IMAG1383_zpsf06fee3d.jpg

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
No, not completely needed. It's more so just to relocate the purge valve correct, no different than for the Boss mani. I moved my purge under the manifold and used some black braided AN hose to connect the ports. Let me see if i can find a good pic

Awesome, I would really appreciate that!!

goat-ee

Established Member
I couldn't stand not getting it all. So I bought the Boss 302 installation kit from Steve @ Tasca.

Parts and Accessories Order ID: 31230728
Qty Description Core Price
1 OEM Catalog - Ford
HOSE - FUEL VAPOUR $0.00 $51.24
1 OEM Catalog - Ford
BRACKET $0.00 $8.45
1 OEM Catalog - Ford
PIPE - FUEL $0.00 $79.97
Sub Total: $139.66
Coupon Discount Applied: -$6.98
New Sub Total: $132.68
Tax $0.00
UPS - Ground - Shipping TBD*
Total: $132.68
Payment Info
Credit Card Type: VISA

Much better pricing than another major site sponsor wanted for the same stuff. $209.97

Last edited:

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
Gl with the combo I love mine on my 2014 gt auto. I have gt lift frpp CJ exh cams and twin 65mm and a custom JLT CAI I built and 1 7/8 Longtubes and a circle d 4c that loose(4500 stall) even with a 3.15 rear gear it shreds the drag radials off idle with full suspension struts etc on street and pulls to 7800rpm

Users who are viewing this thread