Cobra Issue, any advice?

REALMCCOYCOBRA

I have a 2003 Cobra with 36000 miles on it. I have had zero problems with it until today. Car starts up perfect and idles fine but when i push in the clutch put it in 1st mean and release to clutch it barley moves forward. I push the gas and it sorta feels like I'm in neutral but barley moves. does anyone have any advice on this situation?

WhippledSS

I have a 2003 Cobra with 36000 miles on it. I have had zero problems with it until today. Car starts up perfect and idles fine but when i push in the clutch put it in 1st mean and release to clutch it barley moves forward. I push the gas and it sorta feels like I'm in neutral but barley moves. does anyone have any advice on this situation?
Has the trans or clutch been messed with recently

Sent from my SM-N900V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

REALMCCOYCOBRA

What were the events leading up to this?

Sounds like the clutch is gone.

Showing the wife a little speed on the highway and once i got off the offramp, felt really weird. Then I could barely get it up the ramp to my garage. Im pretty sure the guy i bought it from 4 years ago put a stage 2 clutch in it. Those are suppose to be pretty tough right? But i am pushing over 700 hp. Don't know a lot about mechanics.

gt347mustang

Established Member
Showing the wife a little speed on the highway and once i got off the offramp, felt really weird. Then I could barely get it up the ramp to my garage. Im pretty sure the guy i bought it from 4 years ago put a stage 2 clutch in it. Those are suppose to be pretty tough right? But i am pushing over 700 hp. Don't know a lot about mechanics.

This information would have been useful in the original post.

Sounds like you smoked the clutch. Get it to a mechanic for inspection.

zredfire04

Established Member
something is definitely amiss.

if the problem was the clutch cable, it wouldn't go into gear with the car running and it would move.

it's likely a smoked clutch, as any catastrophic failure in the rest of the drive train would have made getting into the garage impossible.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member

Mines got the same clutch per the PO. It's good for 550 I think. Looks like when I go E85 I better plan on a new clutch too. Sorry for your troubles. Btw I've heard mcleod is a good choice but like anything else I'm sure some people have bad things to say too. That's what I'm going with when it's time

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Probably smoked the clutch and overheated the shit out of the flywheel... Just means you can upgrade with now.

REALMCCOYCOBRA

Mines got the same clutch per the PO. It's good for 550 I think. Looks like when I go E85 I better plan on a new clutch too. Sorry for your troubles. Btw I've heard mcleod is a good choice but like anything else I'm sure some people have bad things to say too. That's what I'm going with when it's time

Yeah its the clutch. Smoked it.

Plan on putting one of these

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mcleod-rst-clutch-0110gt-26spline.html

https://www.americanmuscle.com/exedy-hyper-clutch-flywheel-26spline.html

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm new to the clutch scene. So you are thinking you may need a new flywheel too and the first link is only the clutch?

Sounds like you have a nice Cobra. Post a picture. Full return fuel system?

At minimum, the clutch needs to be resurfaced with a new clutch. Some companies like fidanza flywheel have a replacement center section.

REALMCCOYCOBRA

I'm new to the clutch scene. So you are thinking you may need a new flywheel too and the first link is only the clutch?

Sounds like you have a nice Cobra. Post a picture. Full return fuel system?

HERE SHE IS

Cobra Engine.JPG
Cobra SVT.JPG

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice looking Cobra! Looking at the engine bay, I'd expect you have a lot of fun with it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread