Cobra Id Tags

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you are looking for a for a Cobra ID tag that looks like the original you have to check out this company. They are called Custom License Plates and Key Tags. I placed my order yesterday and wanted mine done in black and silver. I also wanted the font and the snake to be like the original tag. I emailed Judy, the owner of the company a picture of the original and I think she nailed it. She also made the changes that I wanted and let me also say that she is one of the nicest ladies there is and there customer service is top notch. She will make you a sample and email it to you for your approval and also told me that she will make anything you want. She said you can do the lettering in any color. So that means the lettering can match the color of your car if you choose. That is why I wanted my lettering done in black to match my car. I also want to say that I have one of the original tags that I haven't installed yet but I changed some things under the hood so the red lettering doesn't go with my new color scheme. You could also add or remove any info on the tag you want. They also do the tags for the console also. Here is a couple samples so you could check them out. The black and silver one is the one I ordered only with my info.

25x5875CobraTagPaulnoname2-1.jpg

Here's one with red lettering and red snake eye.

25x5875CobraTagPaulnoname3.jpg

Here is there email address Custom License Plates - Vehicle Owner ID Tags

Last edited:

Comp281

Established Member
I believe they are a plastic or vinyl print adhered to a metal plate. So it is not exactly like the original ones where the text was printed directly onto a brushed stainless surface. The material that they stick onto the metal has a metal texture printed on it. They look pretty good but I think there are companies that can print directly on the brushed stainless steel surface. Maybe they can even do it if you ask.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I have these and they are top knotch. They are a great company to deal with and have awesome customer service.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I believe they are a plastic or vinyl print adhered to a metal plate. So it is not exactly like the original ones where the text was printed directly onto a brushed stainless surface. The material that they stick onto the metal has a metal texture printed on it. They look pretty good but I think there are companies that can print directly on the brushed stainless steel surface. Maybe they can even do it if you ask.

I will check to see how these are made and if they can be printed directly on the brushed stainless surface.

mrose75

Established Member
Nice option. I have the original ones but still haven't mounted them yet.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member

I emailed Judy to ask how these were made and this is this is the response I received.

The tags are printed aluminum......no vinyl or plastic. The background and lettering can be any color the customer wants. Most like the brushed aluminum color. There is adhesive on the back that has a protective cover which has to been taken off by customer

cj428mach

Established Member
I got a set from this place and the brushed aluminum finish looks too glossy and kind of fake. There is another guy that's on the board here that makes some really nice ones that look like they belong there and are $20-25 cheaper. That's what I'm going to get for my new car once I get my build info from SVT.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I just got mine yesterday from Anchor Room couldnt be happier they look great and for both plates were $44.95 with the ride too owners name is Jason did a great job and sends you a proof before he makes. I couldnt get the image to come up of my proof he emailed again no luck for me so he text me a pic of it top notch above and beyond service.

Comp281

Established Member
^^^They do look good. I ordered a set a while back. I just expected the text to be printed on the brushed metal surface like the original ones I had on my first car. That is not the case. Like stated above, the entire surface is glossy and the metal texture is part of the print, not actual metal. But yes the base under the glossy printed text and texture is metal.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Engine Tag is $29.95.

The Console Tag is $24.95.

I believe their pricing is the same as the originals, so that's good. Nice that the original ID tags that Gary Loat used to sell on my website are being made by another company. I often wonder whatever happen to Gary. He just disappeared after shutting down his business. Nice guy, too.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I just got mine yesterday from Anchor Room couldnt be happier they look great and for both plates were $44.95 with the ride too owners name is Jason did a great job and sends you a proof before he makes. I couldnt get the image to come up of my proof he emailed again no luck for me so he text me a pic of it top notch above and beyond service.

Do you know what his price is for the engine tag only? I don't personally car for the interior tag.

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
I received mine a couple days ago from these guys. Easy communication and to deal with, quality is good as well

Front:

Back:

Mine look just like yours. But opted for it to say 10th anniversary cobra terminator. OP, they do have like a glossy white finish unlike the real aluminum finish that the old ones had but still a very nice piece overall. Best of luck OP.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Do you know what his price is for the engine tag only? I don't personally car for the interior tag.

$34.99 he has a website and can custom make what you want google them I don't want to post up the site on here in case it's against the rules cause of non vender.

livnlrn

Established Member
Just got mine from Anchor Room & couldn't be happier! Customer service is AWESOME.... Jason is great to deal with.

HandBanana

Established Member
I got mine from Anchor Room and I am very pleased with them. Good quality and they'll print whatever you want on them. I got my Anniversary build # instead of owner info.

Users who are viewing this thread