Cobra Heads Up Display On Window Concept - Read This

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
I spoke with an electronic engineer who is in a pre-design stage of making a heads up display for Cobras.

What does this mean? A slightly transparent or translucent (sp?) display that shows up on your drivers or front windshield, viewable from within the car.

What would it display:

A number of things: MPH, RPM, Boost Level, Shift Points, Engine Temperature or more.

What he is wanting to know is, what would the interest be if it truly was priced at a sub $500.00 level. Basically all pertinent information on the car, could be displayed, or the things people would want.

For example: being in a race, and seeing the shift bar, or block or text blinking on your front windshield. Taking off on a highway punch and seeing your RPM's counting up on the windshield etc. Heck even seeing the PSI level displaying.

What is everyones thoughts?

SouthFlaSnake

Established Member
Sounds badass to me! When I had my Lightning, I always wanted one. Looked for someone who made a kit for a while but came up empty handed...

-Mike

Jack

Established Member
I would 100% go for it

I had it in my '98 Grand Prix GTP and loved it..

my wife currently has it in her '01 GTP..

I miss not having to take my eyes off the road, plus it has a nice cool factor.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The new C6 Vette has a heads-up display. They're pretty nice.

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Sounds really cool! I would be interested. What I would like to see is some way to customize what you see and don't see. Maybe like a track mode and a street mode or something. :shrug: It could have a software interface through a laptop or something for programming the display? I'm a software developer if he wants to bounce ideas around about it. Am I going overboard here? :)

Last edited:

Jack

Established Member
Originally posted by rezcobra
Current Z06's have them and they are cool!!!! It would be nice for the Cobras!!!!

The following GM products had them as an option:
C5's
Buick Regal
Pontiac Grand Prix

not sure about any others

Users who are viewing this thread